Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WETEK Play/OPENELEC user discussion, tips n' tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Should do
    Check if the drivers are svsilable in plugins
    Hi,

Anybody know what the platstation3 PlayTV USB Tuner work with the PBNigma image. I've been looking online but havent found anything definite

Thanks

W.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Hi folks..

Anyone looking for a spare Wetek Openelec, I'm selling mine..
    it just has the DVB-T2 tuner, in case you were looking for the satellite version..

I'm changing to an android box, as I've never bothered with the tuner / pvr functionality

Just send me a pm, and we can work something out - Parcel Motel - Parcel Motel shipping would be handiest if you have one local to you...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭bromley52

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Hi folks..

Anyone looking for a spare Wetek Openelec, I'm selling mine..
    it just has the DVB-T2 tuner, in case you were looking for the satellite version..

I'm changing to an android box, as I've never bothered with the tuner / pvr functionality

Just send me a pm, and we can work something out - Parcel Motel - Parcel Motel shipping would be handiest if you have one local to you...

You can put android onto your box.

bromley52 wrote: »
    You can put android onto your box.

Cheers, am aware of that but getting something with a more modern processor / more memory

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

GY A1 wrote: »
    Should do
    Check if the drivers are svsilable in plugins

Well, added in what I believe is the right driver dvb-usb-dib0700 via the menu->setup->plugins-sw management

Even after a reboot, there is power going to the playTV but when I view the tuner in the signal finder section, the is no indication of a signal (unlike the sat tunes which show almost 100%)

Does this mean I have a broken playTV? (got it from cex)

Thanks

W.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭branners69

bromley52 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a dvb-t usb dongle (for Saorview) to use with an enigma2 image on the wetek play?

Any joy with this? Am looking for the same but it looks like it could be hit and miss which one I pick! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Presidentsnow

Hi lads, just joined here.

I got a wetek play yesterday but I can't seem to pick up any channels through the DVB S tuner, either in enigma or using VDR, I tried but tuners and cant get anything. At one stage I got 160 channels but they were all jittery and skipping.

Might be worth mentioning that I only have one feed coming in from the dish. EDIT: Also worth mentioning that the same feed from the dish works perfectly on my other STB (not Wetek)

Any ideas?
    Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭niallb

I had a few problems in the first day or two when I got mine and ended up taking the cable out and stripping another 2mm of insulation off the core.

Once I rethreaded it and put it back in tight I never had those problems again.
    I've a funny feeling somebody else back early in the thread had a similar experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Presidentsnow

niallb wrote: »
    I had a few problems in the first day or two when I got mine and ended up taking the cable out and stripping another 2mm of insulation off the core.

Once I rethreaded it and put it back in tight I never had those problems again.
    I've a funny feeling somebody else back early in the thread had a similar experience.

Interesting and thanks for the reply.

I'm gonna try that after the match and see how I go, will let you know how I get on, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Horace Cope

At long last Wetek are releasing an android box with the S912 Amlogic chip.... in 2017!

The box will be called the "Wetek Play 2s" which is not to be confused with the "Wetek Play" or even the "Wetek Play 2"with their crappy s805 or S905 chips.

"wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/27214/wetek-play2s-when-will-it-be-available/p13"

Can't come quick enough for me, my Wetek Play is dead since I tried numerous ROMs on it...and corrupted the recovery!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭spillcoe

I'm looking for one of these - preferably the older version with the 2 ports if anyone has one going spare and wants to sell.

spillcoe wrote: »
    I'm looking for one of these - preferably the older version with the 2 ports if anyone has one going spare and wants to sell.

Sorry, what do you mean by 'with the 2 ports'?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

Hi guys anyone please direct me to a simple step by step to installing android to my openelec wetek? I was having sound problems and tried a nvidia shield which I liked so wanted to try android for a while.

Tried installing from a folder after I unzipped to a micro sd called

DB-J699-wetek-ota-2015-11-25_18-45-55

and looked to find where to install from booting up the wetek and couldn't find where to install from. Now after the failed attempt I tried booting up as usual taking out the micro sd and it tried to fix itself but failed and asked to reinstall openelec and press enter to shutdown.

Try the wetek forum
    Loads instructions and u tube videos showing it

Block (8 wrote: »
    Hi guys anyone please direct me to a simple step by step to installing android to my openelec wetek? I was having sound problems and tried a nvidia shield which I liked so wanted to try android for a while.

Tried installing from a folder after I unzipped to a micro sd called

DB-J699-wetek-ota-2015-11-25_18-45-55

and looked to find where to install from booting up the wetek and couldn't find where to install from. Now after the failed attempt I tried booting up as usual taking out the micro sd and it tried to fix itself but failed and asked to reinstall openelec and press enter to shutdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭spillcoe

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Sorry, what do you mean by 'with the 2 ports'?

Older version has 2 satellite ports - new version only has 1.

spillcoe wrote: »
    Older version has 2 satellite ports - new version only has 1.

2 satellite tuners ;)
    not ports

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭BopperSnr

Anyone got the epg working on Wetek with open-elec running tvheadend? My heart is broken trying everything including xmltv. Trawled the internet and found a few guides but none worked for me. Anyone find a guide that works and setup epg for them? I have all the channels working and grouped nicely so just need the guide listing to be perfect. Only a handful receive program listing out of the hundreds of channels. Any help most appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

BopperSnr wrote: »
    Anyone got the epg working on Wetek with open-elec running tvheadend? My heart is broken trying everything including xmltv. Trawled the internet and found a few guides but none worked for me. Anyone find a guide that works and setup epg for them? I have all the channels working and grouped nicely so just need the guide listing to be perfect. Only a handful receive program listing out of the hundreds of channels. Any help most appreciated.

It is a heartbreak. I got mine working more by fluke than anything else. It's got to do with the EPG Grabber Modules. I have the Open TV Sky UK one selected as 1 and the EIT DVD Grabber as 2 and that seems to work. However, with a few (only a handful) channels, I had to go to the EPG Grabber Channels tab and change the ID setting. I only use free to air channels, not that it makes a difference. My bugbear is the fact that you can't get Saorview channels on satellite or through a reliable add-on. Don't want to use an ariel so never watch Irish TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

I seen confirmation that there is a formal fully supported openatv enigma2 image being developed for the wetek play 2 (to be installed on NAND).

From what I have heard testing has progressed well and is looking much more stable from usability perspective

Anyone got the epg working on Wetek with open-elec running tvheadend? ...

I updated mine to LibreElec and have EPG for all the freesat channels.
    I've got a USB DVB-T stick for saorview, and they come in too.
    I didn't have to change any settings from defaults for the EPG to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭branners69

I updated mine to LibreElec and have EPG for all the freesat channels.
    I've got a USB DVB-T stick for saorview, and they come in too.
    I didn't have to change any settings from defaults for the EPG to work.

Do you have a link to the USB DVB-T stick you are using?

The USB stick I'm using is an R820T2 based one .
    Don't bother going by model names, as I've about 6 USB sticks and this is the only one of them that works reliably on linux.
    Some of them are identical outside, and very different internally. I have another two that work but overheat.

I got this one on adverts, and am very happy with it, but because of that I can't link to a supplier's page.
    It's blue, and has the following written on it:

DVB-T+FM+DAB
    820T2 & SDR

It's a general purpose radio tuner, and can do a lot of frequencies.

Here's the link to the ad in case he has more.

I am also using libreelec but only getting the epg for a handful of channels. What internal grabber are you using?
    The USB stick I'm using is an R820T2 based one .
    Don't bother going by model names, as I've about 6 USB sticks and this is the only one of them that works reliably on linux.
    Some of them are identical outside, and very different internally. I have another two that work but overheat.

I got this one on adverts, and am very happy with it, but because of that I can't link to a supplier's page.
    It's blue, and has the following written on it:

DVB-T+FM+DAB
    820T2 & SDR

It's a general purpose radio tuner, and can do a lot of frequencies.

Here's the link to the ad in case he has more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭batistuta9

I've freesat set as priority 1, eit priority 2, sky UK priority 3

7 day EPG works for the freesat channels.
    Never bothered with the subscription channels, I've then disabled now but don't think the EPG was great for them - that's the sky UK one

I'm just using the OTA grabbers, and get 7 day EPG on the satellite channels.
    Make sure the EIT/DVB Grabber option is enabled.

Saorview doesn't give me that EPG with the defaults, but I don't watch much TV and nobody else in the house had complained about it.
    I'll take a look at setting that up and post back.

Thanks but where do you set the priority of the grabbers?
    I'm just using the OTA grabbers, and get 7 day EPG on the satellite channels.
    Make sure the EIT/DVB Grabber option is enabled.

Saorview doesn't give me that EPG with the defaults, but I don't watch much TV and nobody else in the house had complained about it.
    I'll take a look at setting that up and post back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

There's an official Plex add on for Kodi now available that works just like a Plex app on other platforms. There's also a Spotify add on that I didn't know about, which works quite well except it's a bit fiddly to get working on our Wetek. I'm well happy now. With Plex, Spotify, YouTube and live TV with a working EPG and recordings I finally have everything I use on the one box. The only other things I have on the box are two paid-for add ons for foreign TV and sports. That's what I bought the Wetek for in the first place almost a year ago now, to have everything on the one box but it wasn't really possible before now! Before you rush out for the Spotify and Plex add ons, be warned, they both only work with Premium accounts.

I didn't. As I said I left it all at defaults.
    Since I know that most of my data is coming from the OTA EIT feeds,
    I suggested looking down at that on the list to make sure you haven't turned it off.

Browse to http://yo.ur.kodi.ip:9981/
    Configuration -> Channel/EPG ->EPG Grabber.
    When you're there, there's a button to trigger the grabber manually too.

By any chance do you only turn yours on in the evening?
    I note that the default times to run the EPG updates are at restart and around 2am and 2pm every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bryant_fan

Hi I have a Wetek DVB-T2 box for sale got it last year on group buy, only ever got Kodi running then gave up too complicated for me PM me if interested.

• Advertisement

I didn't. As I said I left it all at defaults.
    Since I know that most of my data is coming from the OTA EIT feeds,
    I suggested looking down at that on the list to make sure you haven't turned it off.

Browse to http://yo.ur.kodi.ip:9981/
    Configuration -> Channel/EPG ->EPG Grabber.
    When you're there, there's a button to trigger the grabber manually too.

By any chance do you only turn yours on in the evening?
    I note that the default times to run the EPG updates are at restart and around 2am and 2pm every day.
    Thanks. I upgraded to tvheadend 4.2 and getting more channel listing now. But I now need to regroup my channels into new tags (like sky movies, entertainment, music , documentary etc.). Hopefully this will work then. Thanks all for the help.

Advertisement