Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WETEK Play/OPENELEC user discussion, tips n' tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Any images for the Wetek dvb-c?

Similar to what tommycahir posted for the wetek sat boxes, openatv or something like that?

I have cable channels running through Kodi and tvheadend at the moment, but it's a pain to use

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

It literally takes 20 minutes to sort it out yourself. Its the only way of learning how to sort the box out when the problems start. I'd avoid the ready to use builds as you won't learn the set up from it.

It's the set up that's the fun part. :D

RossieMan wrote: »
    It literally takes 20 minutes to sort it out yourself. Its the only way of learning how to sort the box out when the problems start. I'd avoid the ready to use builds as you won't learn the set up from it.

It's the set up that's the fun part. :D

I just want an image to start from

Something like an openatv image. But for dvb-c

I just don't know where to find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Have a look at sat universe or the official wetek forum. I'm on my phone now a can't find you a link. I always found pbnigma the most friendly at the beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭wiz569

Any images for the Wetek dvb-c?

Similar to what tommycahir posted for the wetek sat boxes, openatv or something like that?

I have cable channels running through Kodi and tvheadend at the moment, but it's a pain to use

This might help,you may need an account though

http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php/106471-Complete-WETEK-PLAY-OpenATV-oscam-DVB-C-setup-Guide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

By jaysus I've had nothing but hassle!

TvHeadend is fine but it takes ages to tune a channel - 8-10 seconds I'm talking here, which is mental. Works fine on the network and connect to it fine.

Tried VDR then. Far quicker tuning the channels - loaded the EPG far quicker too. Can't use the second tuner at all in the second room, after allowing LAN IPs access the VNSI server. Back to the drawing board!

Feel free to offer any advice!
    Happy Christmas folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

By jaysus I've had nothing but hassle!

TvHeadend is fine but it takes ages to tune a channel - 8-10 seconds I'm talking here, which is mental. Works fine on the network and connect to it fine.

Tried VDR then. Far quicker tuning the channels - loaded the EPG far quicker too. Can't use the second tuner at all in the second room, after allowing LAN IPs access the VNSI server. Back to the drawing board!

Feel free to offer any advice!
    Happy Christmas folks!

Best advice? Read Tommy Cahir's guide. Honestly can't go wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭Raoul

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Folks is there anyone here who might be able to get my Wetek up and running?

I've tried a few times and failed miserably, it got to the point of no return and it's now sitting in a press gathering dust.

I'm in Wexford and I'll sort someone out for their time.

What are you trying to do with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,912 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Raoul wrote: »
    What are you trying to do with it?

Get it up and running. I've the sat tuner version but it always crashed on me after searching for channels and I just gave up on it after a few attempts.

Get it up and running. I've the sat tuner version but it always crashed on me after searching for channels and I just gave up on it after a few attempts.

Did you try running an Enigma2 image or are you set on TvHeadend etc?

• Advertisement

wiz569 wrote: »
    Did you try running an Enigma2 image or are you set on TvHeadend etc?

I tried Tommycahir guide but just got bogged down.

I'll give it a whirl again during the week and see where I can get.

Thanks that's exactly what I need

I tried Tommycahir guide but just got bogged down.

I'll give it a whirl again during the week and see where I can get.

Where did you get bogged down?

Where did you get bogged down?

It's been a while but when I was scanning for channels the box kept freezing and rebooting and I couldn't select the correct setting using the remote as it kept jumping through the list as I tried to scroll.

It's been a while but when I was scanning for channels the box kept freezing and rebooting and I couldn't select the correct setting using the remote as it kept jumping through the list as I tried to scroll.

I got a bit of that as well m8,don't use it now tbh,but once setup it was OK mostly,did still freeze every once in a while also found the e2 remote is a must,no random scrolling with that lol,

If I get time during the week I'll fire it up again and see if it still works,could always just post a working image on SD card down to Wexford.

I got a bit of that as well m8,don't use it now tbh,but once setup it was OK mostly,did still freeze every once in a while also found the e2 remote is a must,no random scrolling with that lol,

If I get time during the week I'll fire it up again and see if it still works,could always just post a working image on SD card down to Wexford.

That'd be great. I really appreciate it. I'll have to see about this remote, I meant to order one but never got around to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

That'd be great. I really appreciate it. I'll have to see about this remote, I meant to order one but never got around to it.

you can skip the scanning for channels bit if you are going to use something like AutoBouquets e2 to sort groupings for you.

In terms of the openelec remote skipping there are 2 solutions
    1) buy the enigma2 one
    2) have a look at links in advanced section of my guide on switching the USB receiver to an outside port

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Wynnie12

Anyone know where else I can pick up an enigma 2 remote for this box? Wetek store is out of stock

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

I have the original wetek openele, I've moved on to a proper satellite box. I'm going to put it up on adverts but if anyone is interested send me a pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

I have a wetek Play for sale with Sat tuner if anyone is interested let me know.

• Advertisement

I followed this tutorial to install OpenAttv to Nand.

However I got to the part where it updates, and it just keeps updating in an endless loop.

The android sign comes up with a blue bar at the bottom. It completes the update, restarts then goes back into the update again, in an endless loop.

So I had to plug it out when it completed. Turned on the box, but I only get a black screen.

Any ideas?

Anyone had similar issue?

I followed this guide to restore it, but it just does a boot loop where the Wetek Play Logo shows, then it restarts:
    https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/static.wetek.com/storage/tutorial/pdf/54988470-afec-4dbf-81a0-0e7a25fc7e5d-WeTekPlayHowtounbrickorrecoverWeTekPlay.pdf

Would it be because I have a Wetek Play OpenElec? I thought it was same as Wetek play?

Corrupt NAND again so time to reflash, this time though I may just go for a totally clean install and not restore the backup.

That means setting up TVHeadend again , are there better options there or is that still the way to go for DVB-T :confused:

Is the warranty actually void when you flash something else on the NAND (i.e LibreElec)?

Is the warranty actually void when you flash something else on the NAND (i.e LibreElec)?

No idea to be honest. But you don;t have to flash if you want libreelec you can update. My issue is nand corruption which I've had with openelec also and also on other devices par for the course really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Doubt it
    It's nothing major to reflash

Just for anyone else wondering, installing LE on the NAND does void your warranty.

http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/29432/nand-installation-failed

But I am not sure how they would know anyway if you just factory reset and reinstall the wetek OS.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Our box seems to have got a glitch. When we turned it on today it first came up with an error message at top of screen. Then unplugged and it got stuck on the Openelec screen. Unplugged again it passed the open elec but is now flashing up the Kodi screen & wont do anything else. Anyone know what night be wrong?

Error message says:
    Starting debugging shell...type exit to quit
    Can't access tty: job control turned off

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

Hi all. Looking for quick advice or pointing in right direction. Is there a how to turn the wetek play into an android box

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

You have openelec on the box at the moment ?
    Go to the wetek web and you can download android for it.
    And install android to the box instead of your openelec
    It's fairly straight forward

battser wrote: »
    Hi all. Looking for quick advice or pointing in right direction. I am getting a bit sick of Kodi esp for sport and I have mobdro on my phone which is always solid yet most add ons on kodi are brutal.

Is there a how to turn the wetek play into an android box so I can get showbox and mobdro etc on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

GY A1 wrote: »
    You have openelec on the box at the moment ?
    Go to the wetek web and you can download android for it.
    And install android to the box instead of your openelec
    It's fairly straight forward

It is indeed. I was more looking for the links before having to sieve thru the whole thread alas I only needed to go back four pages to get what I needed.

Had it all sorted in less than half an hour. Cheers bud.

Advertisement