Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WETEK Play/OPENELEC user discussion, tips n' tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Raoul

Take that stuff down lads will ya. Don't want to get the thread closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ruddock25

Hi just wondering if anyone has a wetek box that they don't use and are willing to sell it on?Pm me if interested.I am in cork

• Registered Users Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭dodzy

Post #1642. Bobby was off loading his on New Year's Day. Might be worth sending him a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ruddock25

dodzy wrote: »
    Post #1642. Bobby was off loading his on New Year's Day. Might be worth sending him a PM.

Hi Got sorted thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Hey guys

I have a Wetek play with Libreelec installed on the nand memory for watching movies.

Im looking for something to install on the micro Sd card that will allow me to watch live TV.

I tried TVheadend but didn't like it.

Are there any stable enigma 2 images for this box?

Are openATV and PBnigma any good? (and are they still actively being developed?)

Thanks guys :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Hey guys

I have a Wetek play with Libreelec installed on the nand memory for watching movies.

Im looking for something to install on the micro Sd card that will allow me to watch live TV.

I tried TVheadend but didn't like it.

Are there any stable enigma 2 images for this box?

Are openATV and PBnigma any good? (and are they still actively being developed?)

Thanks guys :)

Good few here use PBnigma and swear by it. I had it on my nand for a while and it's a bit smoother than Libreelec with tvheadend, such as channels switching faster and it's overall a bit easier to set up and arguably better looking. However, I found recording hit and miss and as I seldom watch live tv, that was a real pain for me. Also couldn't figure out how to keep recording while on Kodi but maybe that's down to me. I reverted back to Libreelec after messing around with a couple of other setups including openATV and am happy to stick with it. For all it's faults in the set up, tvheadend is very reliable if you don't mind spending a couple of hours configuring it the way you want.
    The best thing about Libreelec and tvheadend for me is having Spotify, Plex, YouTube, a couple of IPTV addons and Live TV with recording all on the one setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

jakdublin wrote: »
    Good few here use PBnigma and swear by it. I had it on my nand for a while and it's a bit smoother than Libreelec with tvheadend, such as channels switching faster and it's overall a bit easier to set up and arguably better looking. However, I found recording hit and miss and as I seldom watch live tv, that was a real pain for me. Also couldn't figure out how to keep recording while on Kodi but maybe that's down to me. I reverted back to Libreelec after messing around with a couple of other setups including openATV and am happy to stick with it. For all it's faults in the set up, tvheadend is very reliable if you don't mind spending a couple of hours configuring it the way you want.
    The best thing about Libreelec and tvheadend for me is having Spotify, Plex, YouTube, a couple of IPTV addons and Live TV with recording all on the one setup.

You've convinced me to give TV Headend another shot

Thanks fella :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Had this working fine with pbnigma2. I disconnected the twin sat cables feeding it yesterday to test a sky box, plugged them back in and the tuners are no where to be seen now.

Reset the box, removed and reseated the s2 dual sat module in the wetek play but still no sign of the tuners.

Anyone have a similar problem they were able to solve or have any pointers?

Thanks in advance folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Tuners are fierce hit and miss I find.

They work eventually after plugging in and out a few times, be persistent.

cheers, I'll do the hokey cokey with the tuner a few times and see how I get on.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know where to get a hold of a dvb-s2 tuner for the wetek?

They only seem to have the tuners for the Play 2 on the wetek site and that's not compatible with the Play apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

You'll have to get it from one of wetek agents or resellers
    The don't sell from there own web anymore.
    Remember looking before but there dear enough.
    There was tubers on adverts a few months back.
    iPhone. wrote: »
    Does anyone know where to get a hold of a dvb-s2 tuner for the wetek?

They only seem to have the tuners for the Play 2 on the wetek site and that's not compatible with the Play apparently.

Libreelec 8 proper now available for these. Installed it and switched to confluence skin. Theres some actions on the remote I don't like now like how the back button behaves and generally more button presses over all to navigate the new skin with a remote.

I'm usually an early adopter when it comes to upgrades but I think I'll hold back on this one. I don't like the feel of Kodi 17 and one of my favourite addons doesn't work properly with it. Also, t took me long enough to get this box working nice so I'm reluctant to mess around with it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 foxyboy

jakdublin
    I recently tried latest librelec on wetek and found it hung a few times so ditched it. I revert to latest OpenELEC which i liked and setup a few movie addons, i then gave tvheadend a go. It did take a while but i got my stations decoding in the end, one thing i really didnt like was the inability to have nicely grouped channels like in enigma2 and also a decent EPG from which i could record easily.

It sounds like you have all this and more setup, could you possibly share how ?
    if your willing to post a de-personalised backup image even better :-)

[font=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rgs[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭dodzy

RossieMan wrote: »
    Tuners are fierce hit and miss I find.

They work eventually after plugging in and out a few times, be persistent.
    Unlikely but just an FYI for owners of these boxes. The stock power supply is 12v 2Ah. But they will power on fine and appear to work with a lesser power supply. I'd ran into problems with a Wetek play 1 not tuning for love nor money. Flashed & reflashed. Pbnigma. openspa, OpenATV, the lot, and nothing. Reseated the tuners, no joy. Turns out there was a 5V 200ma power supply plugged into the damn thing; appeared to work fine. GUI all good after successful flashing. Daughter swapped it over by mistake. Reinserted the correctly rated power supply and all good. Unlikely to be an issue for the majority; just something to be aware of!

foxyboy wrote: »
    jakdublin
    I recently tried latest librelec on wetek and found it hung a few times so ditched it. I revert to latest OpenELEC which i liked and setup a few movie addons, i then gave tvheadend a go. It did take a while but i got my stations decoding in the end, one thing i really didnt like was the inability to have nicely grouped channels like in enigma2 and also a decent EPG from which i could record easily.

It sounds like you have all this and more setup, could you possibly share how ?
    if your willing to post a de-personalised backup image even better :-)

[font=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rgs[/font]

For the EPG, go to the TVheadend GUI and select Configuration > Channel/EPG > EPG Grabber Modules. Check EIT: DVB Grabber (for now and next I think) and then just Open TV: Sky UK. Leave all the others blank. In the default settings, the EPG only kicks in at about 2am and 2pm so you'll either have to wait until then to see the EPG working or change the default. This messed me up for ages at the beginning as I didn't know about the 2am/2pm refreshing. I've not bothered ever changing the default times. The less tinkering, the better IMO.

To get channel groupings, you create tags. Go to Configuration > Channel/EPG > Channel Tags. There's a few default ones, and you can create more. To get them showing up on the Wetek box, go to System > Settings > Live TV > and check the Synchronise channel groups with backend button. Then when you're in TV > Channels, press the left button and you can select your group of choice from the view options. You should see these changes after a reboot.

It won't affect you now that you've rolled back, but I eventually updated to LibreElec 8 (was just bored one afternoon and took the plunge) and one quirk about Kodi 17 is that suddenly TVheadend needs a username and password. I had to create one to get it going but it's all good now. Hate the new Kodi default skin so reverted back to Confluence so it looks the same as before. Not much point in updating to be honest :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 foxyboy

jakdublin much appreciated, i will give this a go and report back

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Have Wetek OpenELEC Box running OpenELEC 6.0.3 and Kodi 15.2. What would be the easiest option to upgrade to OpenELEC Stable 7.0.1 and Kodi 17.0 Krypton?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Raoul

I am using LibreElec on an external sd card on the Wetek. However, if I leave the box on and the TV off. The box will eventually turned the TV on. It is obviously doing something that wakes up the HDMI CEC. Anyone got any ideas? Or have they had this problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Noticed an issue over the past month, if im watching something on the box and pause it then swap to my other HDMI output(eg. to check an download on XB1) and change back then I cant get the box back on screen until I restart the box. Very annoying! Anyone else had this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

tommycahir wrote: »
    I'm currently putting together a guide on setting up pbnigma on a msd card on the following forum, if that is the route you are taking any feedback on the guide would be appreciated as it is currently a work in progress.

http://forum.kodicommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=499

Thanks Tommy for this

Would be great if the Mod could put a link to this guide in the first post of this thread.

Thanks Tommy for this

Would be great if the Mod could put a link to this guide in the first post of this thread.

That link is to a different website.
    Did u have a look.
    There's even loads videos on u tube

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Box seems to be losing wireless connection a lot lately.. and needing a reboot.
    Anyone else seeing this?

what system are you running,
    Basq wrote: »
    Anyone else seeing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Basq wrote: »
    Anyone else seeing this?

I'm finding pbenigma running really slow the last couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

LibreElec running really smooth on SD.

Also planning to install WeTek on NAND using these steps:

Download these files:
    https://mega.nz/#F!c9sVXASB!5d2GgZdZ-91qH-7PQsTWcg
    Extract it until you get 4 files listed like this (Do not need to be in the same order)

[font=monospace, serif, EmojiFont][font=Consolas, Menlo, Monaco, "Lucida Console", "Liberation Mono", "DejaVu Sans Mono", "Bitstream Vera Sans Mono", "Courier New", monospace, serif, serif, EmojiFont].zip file
    aml_autoscript
    factory_update_param
    recovery
    [/font][/font]

Copy them to a formatted (FAT32) SDcard
    After you have copied the files to your SDcard, follow these steps:

[font=monospace, serif, EmojiFont][font=Consolas, Menlo, Monaco, "Lucida Console", "Liberation Mono", "DejaVu Sans Mono", "Bitstream Vera Sans Mono", "Courier New", monospace, serif, serif, EmojiFont]Insert the SDcard with the files in your device.
    Power Off your device
    Disconnect your power supply.
    Underneath your Device, you have an update button (Small Hole)
    With the update nail provided in your package, press and hold that update button
    While pressing, connect your power supply
    Keep pressing the button for 10 more seconds.
    [/font][/font]

After the 10 seconds the installation will start automatically.
    You can follow this video to help you apply the steps I mentioned above,
    http://tutorials.wetek.com/tutorial/9

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

GY A1 wrote: »
    what system are you running,
    Just OpenELEC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭branners69

Anyone running a newer version of Pbnigma than 5.3?

Is there anyway to get 5.3 to update without having to flash a newer image?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

No.

Advertisement