Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting in California

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

msnbc and cnn reporters made their way into the suspects apartment and had a mosy around, live on air. there's 17 minutes of footage, that was apparently shown live, of them just wandering about the apartment rifling through photographs and looking at photo id's

oh, and the police weren't done with their investigation yet so the crime scene is most likely insanely compromised

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

strelok wrote: »
    msnbc and cnn reporters made their way into the suspects apartment and had a mosy around, live on air. there's 17 minutes of footage, that was apparently shown live, of them just wandering about the apartment rifling through photographs and looking at photo id's

oh, and the police weren't done with their investigation yet so the crime scene is most likely insanely compromised

I doubt it will affect the couple though, seeing as they are em ............ dead n stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

WTF this is just bizarre. Would they not have had people guarding the place? How could this happen? Seems like there's a lot of potential evidence still there which has now been tampered with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Not going to happen of course, but I would love to see some people face charges for this. Recklessly idiotic and irresponsible carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

FBI said they were finished investigating at the terrorists home, so they didn't care that the media was going through a boarded up house.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

RobertKK wrote: »
    So the female terrorist had pledged her allegiance to ISIS online.

Anybody could do that of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Anybody could do that of course.

Anyone can, it was on Facebook that she declared her allegiance. It was said on CNN that ISIS are happy to give membership posthumously if people carry out terrorism in their name.

It was the landlord who let the media into the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

RobertKK wrote: »
    It was the landlord who let the media into the house.

Ker*ching!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

Waste money on a database that might not even help. Great idea.

No explanation on how a database would even help.

But it's not a waste of money.
    The nephew of the wife of some Congressman has a company. He purchases a server for 5 grand and loads MS Excel onto it. He then charges the US Government $1 million for this piece of crap and an ongoing support and supply contract of $50,000 a month to have his friend's two teenage sons enter in bullcrap names that they cut and paste from an online phone book.

The program is named some retarded acronym that sounds like a reptile or scary animal, e.g. Strategic Harnessing and Analysis of Reconnaisance Knowledge (S.H.A.R.K.)

Then the taxpayer pays for this pile of shit.

Profit for the company boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

But it's not a waste of money.
    The nephew of the wife of some Congressman has a company. He purchases a server for 5 grand and loads MS Excel onto it. He then charges the US Government $1 million for this piece of crap and an ongoing support and supply contract of $50,000 a month to have his friend's two teenage sons enter in bullcrap names that they cut and paste from an online phone book.

The program is named some retarded acronym that sounds like a reptile or scary animal, e.g. Strategic Harnessing and Analysis of Reconnaisance Knowledge (S.H.A.R.K.)

Then the taxpayer pays for this pile of shit.

Profit for the company boy.

I think you're getting confused. This thread is about a mass shooting in America, not Irish Water. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

Billy86 wrote: »
    It's funny that they didn't seem to learn from the last two election cycles - the race for the Republican nomination is a race to see who can get the most right-wing extremist, and then after that they need to get back to the center to stand a chance of winning the election itself.

They're in a catch 22. Republicans can't win on a rational debate of the issues. Their fiscal policies do not benefit a large majority of the population. Their only strategy is for the very small but very wealthy minority who do benefit to use their resources to try to whip up populist fervor over social issues to get not-very-bright people to vote on nonsense issues and against their own economic self interest. The problem is that now they have to reap that whirlwind. Once they stir up the rabble they can't always control the direction it will take as precisely as they might like.

There are some rational elites in the party who see exactly what's happening, but seeing the problem doesn't mean they're capable of stopping it from happening. The elites have the money, but the irrational social conservatives are the ones with the numbers they need to vote. Dropping the crazies at this point means they've lost, so the only option is to tolerate the disadvantages of working with them. The candidates themselves (most of them anyway), may see that veering far right hurts their party's chances with the general election, but as individuals they know they'll lose the primary if they don't, so they have to try to get the nomination however they can and proceed as best they can from there. It's a prisoner's dilemma situation, where their individual chances of becoming president are maximized by pandering even at the expense of their party's chances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    WTF this is just bizarre. Would they not have had people guarding the place? How could this happen? Seems like there's a lot of potential evidence still there which has now been tampered with

First thing I thought was a massive intrusion on personal privacy. Then again I'd say if your engaging in terrorism you lose the right to have any privacy. The American Civil Liberties groups will be on this like all the previous examples of terrorism in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

The king is speaking live now :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 Yosef.coen

US foreign policy! Racism! Donald Trump! White People! The Confederate Flag! Islamophobia! Fox News! Gun Laws! Guns!

Pick one, it'll to be wheeled out in the coming days:rolleyes:

Don't forget about Israel!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Orangebrigade

Possibly of winning the primaries, though I wouldn't count on it myself because if he did win the primaries he would be absolutely slaughtered in the election itself, and the higher ups in the GOP are surely well aware of that. I would imagine many voters do as well, and while the Republican voter is not the world's smartest person, I am guessing enough will see that too.
    Democrat voters voted in Obama who has the spine of a jelly fish.

Democrat voters will try to vote in Hillary Clinton who should not even be allowed to run due to the email scandal.

Calling it but Trump would beat Hillary.

Democrat voters voted in Obama who has the spine of a jelly fish.

Democrat voters will try to vote in Hillary Clinton who should not even be allowed to run due to the email scandal.

Calling it but Trump would beat Hillary.
    If by "Democrat voters" you mean the majority, then yes you are correct.

If you're sure of it, then let's put a bet on it. It can be something silly like a temporary username change, or the loser having to donate a sum of money to a charity of the winners choosing. I'll even give you 2/1 odds in the event of the latter and the added caveat that both need to pass their primaries (because Trump isn't the bookies favourite to even do that, while Clinton is 1/12 odds on), just to be extra nice.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Trump is a bloody joke and it's scary how many seem to support him.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭JPNelsforearm

Wibbs wrote: »
    He's a hero, a pushback against the whole pc, "you cant say that",pro mass immigration, anti free speech pro marxist etc etc culture that has sprang up the past few years. If Europe had Trumpism there would be no "refugee crisis".
    He's decisive and pugnacious, whats not to like, he doesnt grovel and prostrate himself for approval, he just says what he wants and thats admirable in this era where "taking offence" is considered a virtue.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Orangebrigade

If by "Democrat voters" you mean the majority, then yes you are correct.

If you're sure of it, then let's put a bet on it. It can be something silly like a temporary username change, or the loser having to donate a sum of money to a charity of the winners choosing. I'll even give you 2/1 odds in the event of the latter and the added caveat that both need to pass their primaries (because Trump isn't the bookies favourite to even do that, while Clinton is 1/12 odds on), just to be extra nice.
    If you hate PC correctness and want someone who just says what he thinks, then you will vote trump. The bent Clintons can be beaten.

Obama has been a ****e President. Putin walks all over him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Wibbs wrote: »

He's been on TV, he knows how to get ratings. Hence you'll see a lot of support by the "anti PC" brigade and little mention of any of his actual plans.

Although you see him pandering to his support base rather than saying what he thinks. Remember his favorite bible verse?

• Advertisement

He's been on TV, he knows how to get ratings. Hence you'll see a lot of support by the "anti PC" brigade and little mention of any of his actual plans.

Although you see him pandering to his support base rather than saying what he thinks. Remember his favorite bible verse?

he's a breath of fresh air in the era of perfectly (or the attempt anyway) managed political candidates and lots of people are responding to that, it's just unfortunate that he's also a loud moronic retard.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVbGkJNWIAEsu5P.jpg

i just...

what can you do but sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭RandomName2

He's a hero, a pushback against the whole pc, "you cant say that",pro mass immigration, anti free speech pro marxist etc etc culture that has sprang up the past few years. If Europe had Trumpism there would be no "refugee crisis".
    He's decisive and pugnacious, whats not to like, he doesnt grovel and prostrate himself for approval, he just says what he wants and thats admirable in this era where "taking offence" is considered a virtue.

Ok that's great and all, but he still appears to be an idiot: and an idiot that "can get things done" is sometimes the worst of all solutions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    First thing I thought was a massive intrusion on personal privacy. Then again I'd say if your engaging in terrorism you lose the right to have any privacy. The American Civil Liberties groups will be on this like all the previous examples of terrorism in the US.

So if I just say that you're a terrorist then its ok to have your gaff ransacked? You ok with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

Burr explains Trump and Hillary pretty well IMO

but Trump is one of the biggest assholes on the planet, would love to see him beat Hillary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

nokia69 wrote: »

but Trump is one of the biggest assholes on the planet, would love to see him beat Hillary

"cutting off your nose to spite your face" is all well and good, but when its the leader of the US theres far more noses than yer own involved.

If you hate PC correctness and want someone who just says what he thinks, then you will vote trump. The bent Clintons can be beaten.

Obama has been a ****e President. Putin walks all over him.
    So do you want to take up my offer, or do you not feel confident enough to back up what you were claiming?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

So do you want to take up my offer, or do you not feel confident enough to back up what you were claiming?

You've already been busted on claims (re: crime and race), none of which you've admitted you were wrong on btw ;) So why are you badgering him?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭mid fifties

Looking up on the history of the second amendment of the united states of America the right to bear arms it was written into their constitution in 1791 and seemly it has been subjected to a good few court cases probably because the weapons of modern times are far more powerful than the weapons of 1791, i mean the people of America are not just allow to buy your normal hand gun or hunting rifle they are walking out of gun shops with weapons you would normally see been use in battle grounds of war, crazy.

Also i presume those buyers names are register onto some data computer file along with the type of weapons they buy so surely the law enforcement agencies can give them a call and say "ah come mate what the hell do you need that AK47 for"

As for the president what do you want him to do bring in martial law and interments, the only solution i see is control the right to bare arms by removing the likes of the AK47 weapons and just let them have the right to buy your normal hand gun or hunting rifle and yes they still kill but not so many at the same time, sad and im sure for many families worrying times over there.

• Advertisement

Amazingfun wrote: »
    You've already been busted on claims (re: crime and race), none of which you've admitted you were wrong on btw ;) So why are you badgering him?
    Which claims were they again? The FBI's official statistics? Like I said, they are the ones who compiled them so feel free to write to the FBI about it. Still waiting on your breakdown for every individual state by the way.

On the subject of being busted on claims though, you still haven't admitted you were wrong that "Trump is dominating every poll and will , inshallah, be President". You wouldn't want to be a hypocrite, now would you?

But hey, if the guy is sure of it, then surely he would be willing to put his money where his mouth is at 2/1 odds, with the loser giving to a charity of the winner's choosing. Actually since you said Trump will be president also, I'll give you the option too... or were you just being a keyboard warrior that didn't even believe what you were typing, yourself?

Advertisement