Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting in California

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Amazingfun wrote: »
    Anyways: these are the reasons Trump is dominating every poll
    Hate to break it to you, but he's really not - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationwide_opinion_polling_for_the_United_States_presidential_election,_2016

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    His name was mentioned very early on in the investigation. Practically as soon as the shooting occurred his name was heard multiple times on the police scanners and posted online. The police were able to trace him fairly quickly, he was caught going back too his house where the police were already waiting.

Seems well co-ordinated to me. Obviously the database they already have works pretty well

Care to retract your supposed "memory" of Trump and the "badges" for Muslims?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

No, I didn't say anything of the sort, because no one knows the effect such action would have.......yet. And that includes you.

Waste money on a database that might not even help. Great idea.

No explanation on how a database would even help.

He's certainly popular amongst idiots. The US has no shortage of those

Do you also agree with Trump's suggestion and plan to kill family members of suspected ISIS operatives?

You are just clueless. The guy openly supported ISIS on his social media pages, and despite the billions spent on intel every year by US agencies, they failed to identify him as a threat. How would a database of muslims change that?

Yes, and you're clearly a genius, lol.

As for the results of such a database, I guess we'll find out when President Trump takes office ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Yes, and you're clearly a genius, lol.

As for the results of such a database, I guess we'll find out when President Trump takes office ;)

Keep telling your deluded and paranoid self that

You can't even answer a direct question. Pathetic

How would a database help? You're the one extolling the virtues of the idea so explain how it'd help

And do you agree with Trump's idea to kill family members of suspected ISIS operatives?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Seems to me a database would just be modern version of a yellow badge, but yes I retract it.

Care to comment on the fact that these two were traced pretty quickly after the event. How would a separate database have helped? Unless they regularly inspect the premises of Muslims on it or insert tracking chips under their skin, which I think everyone would agree is not going to or should happen, then I don't see the point. Wouldn't put it past Trump to suggest those things though. Anything for headlines.

Are you American or live in America? If not I really don't understand your fervent trump support considering it will have no impact on you whatsoever

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Seems to me a database would just be modern version of a yellow badge, but yes I retract it.

Care to comment on the fact that these two were traced pretty quickly after the event. How would a separate database have helped? Unless they regularly inspect the premises of Muslims on it or insert tracking chips under their skin, which I think everyone would agree is not going to or should happen, then I don't see the point. Wouldn't put it past Trump to suggest those things though. Anything for headlines.

Are you American or live in America? If not I really don't understand your fervent trump support considering it will have no impact on you whatsoever

1. Good for you on the retraction.

2. How do I know how a separate database would help? I am not law enforcement and I am sure there is more detail on this proposal to come, perhaps one the is more efficient and replaces existing structures.

3. No and no, but I can ask you and the many anti-Trumpers on this thread the same thing as to why you are so against him? I love him, for a multitude of reasons.

**It has been noted elsewhere that Trump's anti TPP stance is in fact very good for Ireland, btw ;)

Care to retract your comment that Trump is dominating the presidential polls? :pac:

**It has been noted elsewhere that Trump's anti TPP stance is in fact very good for Ireland, btw ;)

Why would his position on the Trans-Pacific Partnership have any bearing on Ireland?

Billy86 wrote: »
    Care to retract your comment that Trump is dominating the presidential polls? :pac:

No, because he is. He is the front-runner among the Republicans and in the Fox poll this week was 5 points ahead of Hillary :)

How's your study of the crime stats coming along, you dropped it very quick ;)

• Advertisement

Why would his position on the Trans-Pacific Partnership have any bearing on Ireland?

Go and find out. This is the "Shooting in California" thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,392 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I don't think it's such a mad thing to say that Trump could win the republican nomination, Carson is nearest to him and he is pretty hopeless in comparison.

Americans don't want to take in Syrians and him saying he will sent them all back is always going to win him votes.

Go and find out. This is the "Shooting in California" thread.

You're the one that brought it up.

Funny how you get pissy whenever anyone questions something you yourself have said on the thread :)

Ireland has nothing to do with the TPP, so how would his position on it affect us?

Are you confusing it with TTIP? Confusion seems to be a theme in your posts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

No, because he is. He is the front-runner among the Republicans and in the Fox poll this week was 5 points ahead of Hillary :)

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html#polls

Republican winning in Fox poll shocker.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

The only polls he's dominating are for the Republican primary, but a big part of that is that there are around 300 Republican candidates this year, so the slightly less crazy vote is pretty watered down. He has a solid plurality, but no majority. Once it narrows down to fewer candidates, the remaining candidates pick up supporters from former candidates. None of them will endorse Trump, so it will be everyone but Trump who makes gains at that point. The majority don't support Trump now, and they will continue supporting a non-Trump.

You're the one that brought it up.

Funny how you get pissy whenever anyone questions something you yourself have said on the thread :)

Ireland has nothing to do with the TPP, so how would his position on it affect us?

Are you confusing it with TTIP? Confusion seems to be a theme in your posts

You have used "idiots" "clueless" and regularly post in the pissiest of ways possible so what are you on about? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

Anachrony wrote: »
    The only polls he's dominating are for the Republican primary, but a big part of that is that there are around 300 Republican candidates this year, so the slightly less crazy vote is pretty watered down. He has a solid plurality, but no majority. Once it narrows down to fewer candidates, the remaining candidates pick up supporters from former candidates. None of them will endorse Trump, so it will be everyone but Trump who makes gains at that point. The majority don't support Trump now, and they will continue supporting a non-Trump.

He's doing fantastically well to be fair to him. Plus, I find him tremendously entertaining! I'm surprised he actually lasted this long.

Oh look, we're neighbours!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

So the female terrorist had pledged her allegiance to ISIS online.

Friday night smiles:

CNN poll just in:
    Donald Trump is once again alone at the top of the Republican field, according to the latest CNN/ORC Poll, with 36% of registered Republicans and Republican-leaning independents behind him, while his nearest competitor trails by 20 points.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/12/04/politics/donald-trump-poll-cnn-orc-national/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationwide_opinion_polling_for_the_United_States_presidential_election,_2016

Verified polls: Clinton 16, Trump 1.
    Individuals polls from Oct 28 - present: Clinton 28, Sanders 10, Carson 8, Rubio 6, Trump 5.

He's not even in the top two in his own party ffs, come back to reality would you! :pac:
    Actually, I went to sleep. Until you can source all the data for every state, then you cannot talk about the US as whole. You clearly have no interest in doing that despite claiming that you would, and have no interest in talking about the reasons why minorities might be more likely to face crime and poverty. All you seem interested in there is proclaiming some weird concept of the inherent superiority of the white man over others. Frankly, I'm not remotely interested in that discussion but I can direct you to where you can find others who would be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

Looks like a circus at the perpetrators' house.
    Media and ordinary joes walking through the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

How convenient for Obama

Anachrony wrote: »

It's funny that they didn't seem to learn from the last two election cycles - the race for the Republican nomination is a race to see who can get the most right-wing extremist, and then after that they need to get back to the center to stand a chance of winning the election itself. Basically, by design they leave themselves with the worst possible chance of winning that they could.

Red King wrote: »
    How convenient for Obama
    How is this in any way convenient for him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

How is this in any way convenient for him?

Think about it

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Orangebrigade

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationwide_opinion_polling_for_the_United_States_presidential_election,_2016

Verified polls: Clinton 16, Trump 1.
    Individuals polls from Oct 28 - present: Clinton 28, Sanders 10, Carson 8, Rubio 6, Trump 5.

He's not even in the top two in his own party ffs, come back to reality would you! :pac:

Actually, I went to sleep. Until you can source all the data for every state, then you cannot talk about the US as whole. You clearly have no interest in doing that despite claiming that you would, and have no interest in talking about the reasons why minorities might be more likely to face crime and poverty. All you seem interested in there is proclaiming some weird concept of the inherent superiority of the white man over others. Frankly, I'm not remotely interested in that discussion but I can direct you to where you can find others who would be.
    Trump stands a great chance of becoming the candidate to be President. The Southerners will vote for him. The Yankees won't.

Red King wrote: »
    Think about it
    I have, now tell me why.

Trump stands a great chance of becoming the candidate to be President. The Southerners will vote for him. The Yankees won't.
    Possibly of winning the primaries, though I wouldn't count on it myself because if he did win the primaries he would be absolutely slaughtered in the election itself, and the higher ups in the GOP are surely well aware of that. I would imagine many voters do as well, and while the Republican voter is not the world's smartest person, I am guessing enough will see that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

One of my American friends over here just shared something on Facebook that stated "Guns are not responsible for the San Bernadino Shooting. Muslims are"

And it's got a picture of the suspects brother...the decorated veteran. Oh, Arizona. It's a dry hate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

ISIS have said that the attack was done by supporters of ISIS.

Advertisement