Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting in California

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭josephryan1989

There are literally hundreds of millions of handguns in circulations and tens of millions of rifles and billions of rounds of ammo.

End of.

Heroin is available to anyone who wants it in the U.S. and is even available in high security prisons despite decades of a war on drugs.

So how could anyone imagine that a prohibition on fire arms could possibly work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

There are literally hundreds of millions of handguns in circulations and tens of millions of rifles and billions of rounds of ammo.

End of.

Heroin is available to anyone who wants it in the U.S. and is even available in high security prisons despite decades of a war on drugs.

So how could anyone imagine that a prohibition on fire arms could possibly work?

The gvt want a register. Answer the question, don't deflect.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭mid fifties

KingBrian2 wrote: »

Haha spoken like a true Irishman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs8QKXtCN9w

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭leavingirl

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    WTF this is just bizarre. Would they not have had people guarding the place? How could this happen? Seems like there's a lot of potential evidence still there which has now been tampered with

Look, who do you think you are to question this? CNN guy who was in the house said they got the ok to look through the items. So all ok. They were Muslim ISIS and radicalized. You seen the muslim stuff in all the rooms. Shocking wasn't it? Why weren't these terrorists stopped is the question you should be asking. We need more surveillance, tougher gun laws and complete transperancy when the police need to access private info about people. Right?

The questions you ask put you in the category of a conspiracy theorist and thus a terrorist sympathiser.

With some luck new laws will now be drawn up to indite people like you who question anything the MSM says. Thought crimes will possibly result in you being detained in a mini Guantanamo Bay.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I'm I correct in saying the gvt wants a register of gun owners while the gun owners distrust any gvt with lists of named individuals. Fear the gvt will clampdown on peoples right, is that the heart of the issue.

You are correct that some in government want such a thing. Attempts in the past have failed miserably, with compliance rates ridiculously low in States like California and Connecticut, and the entire registry concept was written off as a bad lot (after a few million wasted dollars) in Canada.

That's before the issue that a lot of people don't want it anyway.

• Advertisement

You are correct that some in government want such a thing. Attempts in the past have failed miserably, with compliance rates ridiculously low in States like California and Connecticut, and the entire registry concept was written off as a bad lot (after a few million wasted dollars) in Canada.

That's before the issue that a lot of people don't want it anyway.

People vote with their money Americans support the current laws on gun ownership. They do not want any change so they will continue to see blood shed on their streets. This is a societal problem that needs to be addressed by townships across America.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭josephryan1989

A register is a non-starter. It's a joke and will not stop a single shooting or save a single life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

leavingirl wrote: »
    Thought crimes will possibly result in you being detained in a mini Guantanamo Bay.

Those evil/backward Americans huh?

Very amusing post. You do realize that people are in prison (or about to be) in Europe for "thought crimes"? The most recent being an 87 year old woman, Ursula Haverbeck, in Germany:

(lots more like her as well).

What kind of a threat does an 87 year old woman pose that she must be imprisoned for speaking words?

• Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

such a thing couldn't happen in berlin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

XR3i wrote: »
    such a thing couldn't happen in berlin

Or " I am Charlie and love free speech" France ;)

Vincent Reynouard, French thought criminal.
    http://balder.org/judea/Vincent-Reynouard-France-Persecuted-Revisionist-Historian.php

• Advertisement

Amazingfun wrote: »

http://balder.org/judea/Vincent-Reynouard-France-Persecuted-Revisionist-Historian.php

i agree berlin is next, it has to be

although maybe "they" are a bit to sly to do it, take easy targets first(by that i mean berlin has a serious police force)

either way, i'll tell you from 15 years experience in berlin ,that there isn't a ****ing german left in berlin that can stand any ground, "excepting the few 70 80 year olds that have seen it all ready"

/rant over

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

I have a friend from Galway who is residing in Germany he needs to know of this news.

Take a step back the Charlie Hebdo cartoonists were deliberately provoking an action by the works they were drawing. Not the law abiding Muslims still they generated a lot of anti Muslim sentiment in Paris with all the horrible drawings they made.

Take a step back the Charlie Hebdo cartoonists were deliberately provoking an action by the works they were drawing. Not the law abiding Muslims still they generated a lot of anti Muslim sentiment in Paris with all the horrible drawings they made.

you obviously have skin in the game, and should be taken seriously

not

#clueless

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

the people working in the WTC probably had it coming too did they? that's what they get for partaking in the american capitalist global empire

• Registered Users Posts: 17,800 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

I sincerely hope you are being sarcastic

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

MOD
    This thread has gone wwwaaaaaaayyyy off topic at this stage.

Please get it back to discussions on the shootings in California.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Those evil/backward Americans huh?

Very amusing post. You do realize that people are in prison (or about to be) in Europe for "thought crimes"? The most recent being an 87 year old woman, Ursula Haverbeck, in Germany:

(lots more like her as well).

What kind of a threat does an 87 year old woman pose that she must be imprisoned for speaking words?

It's the law in Germany, and let's be honest: It's not just words is it ?

She has in the past told Jews that there will be another pogrom if they don't stop interfering with German matters.
    That goes a little bit further than 'I don't believe the Holocaust ever happened'.

Germany has something called Volksverhetzung, she is well aware of this since she's been punished under that law in the past.

Who cares if she's 87, she is not some old demented woman who doesn't know what she's talking about.

And to bring it back on subject of the shooting in California ;)

Since then there have been 2 more shootings that in the US can be classed as 'mass shootings'.

Some of the arguments I read against gun control baffle me.
    Even bringin in rules to ensure that people with known mental issues (depression, psychoses,...) have no possiblity to buy a gun (or at least make it a lot harder) are met with resounding hostility. Because apparently it's unheard of that someone who is prone to violent outbursts or whatever may use a gun on themselves or others.

Because, and I quote someone who I spoke to that about: 'Who will say who is qualified or not ?'.

They genuinely believe their government is out to get them it seems, and they will make up false medical files to make sure people can't get guns anymore :pac:

It's a lost cause imo, they will never want more rules about gun ownership, and the fact that kids are being shot up while going to school is worth it to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭JPNelsforearm

https://embed.gyazo.com/f07dab87164e293e8a94272bc61d947a.png

Picture of the lovely couple, never would have seen it coming....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

https://embed.gyazo.com/f07dab87164e293e8a94272bc61d947a.png

Picture of the lovely couple, never would have seen it coming....

Might I ask what distinguishes them in that particular picture? Not seeing the firearms meself.

• Advertisement

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    I sincerely hope you are being sarcastic

People are being given a license to run down an entire religion which is also causing Muslims to live in an atmosphere of distrust and resentment. Free speech is being abused to bash a minority group.

Nodin wrote: »
    Might I ask what distinguishes them in that particular picture? Not seeing the firearms meself.

What do firearms have to do with anything? Firearms aren't dangerous, Islamists are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

What do firearms have to do with anything? Firearms aren't dangerous, Islamists are.

Troll on! Troll on!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,038 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I know people who have been effected by one of the deaths and it is hard for them to tell their kids that their friends father is no longer about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

I dont know. If you got a small enough one you could throw him/her at someone and do some harm.

I would probably still choose the firearm if I wanted to do more damage. The Islamist tend to get a bit pissed after being thrown.

I dont know. If you got a small enough one you could throw him/her at someone and do some harm.

I would probably still choose the firearm if I wanted to do more damage. The Islamist tend to get a bit pissed after being thrown.

How do you get a gun to kill someone of its own volition? You could wave pictures of mohammed and talk about Israel all day(as the chaps co worker did on the day he flipped) in front of a gun and it would just sit there, an attractively formed piece of engineered metal, nothing more. The odds of the Islamist attacking you, clearly, are far far greater in the same scenario.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

How do you get a gun to kill someone of its own volition? You could wave pictures of mohammed and talk about Israel all day(as the chaps co worker did on the day he flipped) in front of a gun and it would just sit there, an attractively formed piece of engineered metal, nothing more. The odds of the Islamist attacking you, clearly, are far far greater in the same scenario.

If you pick up a gun and pull the trigger it can kill someone. If you pick up an Islamist and give them a bit of a pull they look at you confused. They may even enjoy it.

It all depends what you are planning on doing with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Right then. What has them marked out as "Islamists" in that picture?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

My personal feeling about gun control is that I'd take the chance of not being able to have a gun in a situation that requires one so that almost nobody has one when they go out of their mind or are simply enraged. I just think the odds are better that way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Trump wants to ban Muslims from coming to the US in response to this shooting. Headcase.

Advertisement