Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting in California

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

20 injured and gun man/men still at large apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭.45auto

Whosthis wrote: »
    Its San Bernardino's turn today. Reports of between one and three shooters. Its at the stage now that I don't think gun controls will be of any use in the US.

"A well regulated militia,being neccessary for the security of a free state, the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

TheDoctor wrote: »
    20 dead and gun man/men still at large apparently

I read up to 20 injured ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

My bad, should have said injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

.45auto wrote: »
    "A well regulated militia,being neccessary for the security of a free state, the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

Good thing the militia is well regulated. I can only imagine the amount of deaths there'd be if they just didn't regulate the militia at all. They'd end up killing each other rather than securing the free state.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

LDN_Irish wrote: »
    Good thing the militia is well regulated. I can only imagine the amount of deaths there'd be if they just didn't regulate the militia at all. They'd end up killing each other rather than securing the free state.

Its the 2A, the US constitutional right to arms

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

.45auto wrote: »
    Its the 2A, the US constitutional right to arms

Oh howdy neighbourino. I'm in 2B.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

If they armed everyone and trained them to use the guns, this won't ever happen again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Hostages apparently being held

• Registered Users Posts: 30,035 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

LDN_Irish wrote: »
    Oh howdy neighbourino. I'm in 2B.

Hey nieghbour you got spare screwdriver i can "borrow" and never give back?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I glanced at Reddit and reports are confused but generally include 3 shooters with rifles, wearing vests. Seems to be at a facility for people with learning disabilities but people are also suggesting it is close to a Planned Parenthood. The bomb squad is there attending to a device. The police on the scanner seem to be discussing hostages or people who are otherwise trapped in a building. Pretty desperate situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Because 'Murica, and to think Trump is looking like a serious contender over there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

ABC news just said 12 dead, 3 confirmed shooters, multiple hostages. http://abc7.com/live/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭jaykay74

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Seems to be at a facility for people with learning disabilities but people are also suggesting it is close to a Planned Parenthood.

Could be christian terrorists again. Didn't they shoot up an abortion clinic a few days back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

The most shocking thing to me is how numb I am to the whole thing. If this happened anywhere else in the world it would be a 'holy sh*t' moment. But because it's America and has become so regular over there it's just another one on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lights On wrote: »
    The most shocking thing to me is how numb I am to the whole thing. If this happened anywhere else in the world it would be a 'holy sh*t' moment. But because it's America and has become so regular over there it's just another one on the list.

Sad but true unfortunately, this seems to be a regular occurrence in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Sounds like a terrorist effort if there's three of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Could be christian terrorists again. Didn't they shoot up an abortion clinic a few days back?

It has nothing to do with planned parenthood, there just happens to be one nearby.

3 shooters and possible explosive devices sounds a bit more organized than the usual 'lone wolf' scenario seen in the US

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭jaykay74

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    It has nothing to do with planned parenthood, there just happens to be one nearby.

3 shooters and possible explosive devices sounds a bit more organized than the usual 'lone wolf' scenario seen in the US

true, lone wolf is much more typical.

Three shooters confirmed by the authorities. Seemingly it's a centre that deals with people of development disabilities that is being attacked.

Reddit Live Thread here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

But if everyone was Armed this would never have happened. More guns solves gun Crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

More guns prevents gun violence, gotta love America and their logic regarding guns.. Something really needs to change or this will go on and on and on.

Cops have mentioned that one of the suspects was run through PD (Police Department?) system last week. What I find crazy is that this keeps happening; it was the same in France, where one of the terrorists was known already to the authorities.

Reports of "man down".

Code 4 (No further assistance needed) on detained person.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Apparently some police units are having trouble getting to the scene because of vehicular and pedestrian traffic. Put on the news a few minutes ago and the overhead shot was showing a road totally blocked with seemingly abandoned cars. What is wrong with people?!

Suspects described as middle eastern or Hispanic males.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Apparently some police units are having trouble getting to the scene because of vehicular and pedestrian traffic. Put on the news a few minutes ago and the overhead shot was showing a road totally blocked with seemingly abandoned cars. What is wrong with people?!

What do you really expect people to do when they are in the area with three people shooting at random people? I mean, if it were me, I'd get out of my car and run the hell away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ah Christian terrorists on the rampage. The only type the USA has. Lucky them eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

There have been 350+ mass shooting in the US so far this year. I got this crazy feeling that these mass shootings would stop if we took away everyone's guns, maybe that's just me though.

Advertisement