Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting in California

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

c_man wrote: »
    Trump wants to ban Muslims from coming to the US in response to this shooting. Headcase.

And preventing American muslims abroad to come back I assume ?

The guy is bat****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    And preventing American muslims abroad to come back I assume ?

Wonder does that include Muslims serving in the military?! It's gone beyond a joke at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭conorhal

Trump wants to ban Muslims from coming to the US in response to this shooting. Headcase.

Well I can't help but notice that Japan doesn't have an Islamist terror problem.....ever wonder why that is?

Why import a problem you don't need to? I'd happily draw up a black list of countries with a terrorism problem that presents a threat to national security and refuse a visa to anybody from that country.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

conorhal wrote: »
    Well I can't help but notice that Japan doesn't have an Islamist terror problem.....

Why import a problem you don't need to? I'd happily draw up a black list of countries with a terrorism problem that presents a threat to national security and refuse a visa to anybody from that country.

But what about Muslims that live in Europe? Or gulf state princes who probably spend millions in America?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Well I can't help but notice that Japan doesn't have an Islamist terror problem.....

ISIS had no problem beheading a Japanese journalist.
    Japan have also increased security measures as they fear an ISIS attack.

Also remember ISIS have also listed Ireland as one of the countries that they are against.
    So no problem today, doesn't mean we won't have a problem tomorrow.

• Advertisement

RobertKK wrote: »
    ISIS had no problem beheading a Japanese journalist.
    Japan have also increased security measures as they fear an ISIS attack.

Also remember ISIS have also listed Ireland as one of the countries that they are against.
    So no problem today, doesn't mean we won't have a problem tomorrow.

They didn't behead him in Japan though did they? There is little to no chance of a domestic terror attack there, why is that?

An external threat is another matter.

Ireland has 30 to 40 serious extremists here, (bar a couple of converts) we imported them. We really don't need to import other peoples problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Well I can't help but notice that Japan doesn't have an Islamist terror problem.....ever wonder why that is?

If anything Japan is probably an example of a country that would do well to get some migrants in.

They didn't behead him in Japan though did they? There is little to no chance of a domestic terror attack there, why is that?

An external threat is another matter.

Ireland has 30 to 40 serious extremists here, (bar a couple of converts) we imported them. We really don't need to import other peoples problems.

Japan has more Muslims than Ireland have, they have about 100,000. 10,000 of those are Japanese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

You're diverting. He's specifically targeting groups of people to bar from the country (including native born who happen to find themselves overseas at the moment). Do you really approve of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,800 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

So this would have included Ireland 20 years ago and we should have been blacklisted from going to e.g. England yes

Maybe we should let them in, but make them wear some kind of identifying marker, like I don't know, an armband, make it yellow yeah?

• Advertisement

You're diverting. He's specifically targeting groups of people to bar from the country (including native born who happen to find themselves overseas at the moment). Do you really approve of that?

I can't see how he can bar US citizens from returning to America, but then nobody takes Trump seriously, he's a moron.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    So this would have included Ireland 20 years ago and we should have been blacklisted from going to e.g. England yes

Maybe we should let them in, but make them wear some kind of identifying marker, like I don't know, an armband, make it yellow yeah?

No it wouldn't have included Ireland, their problem was domestic terrorism, or is N. Ireland not part of the UK? they can hardly refuse entry to their own citizens.
    Care to make an argument for an open boarders policy with active war zones with terrorist armies that explicity name you as a legitimate target?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

There are literally hundreds of millions of handguns in circulations and tens of millions of rifles and billions of rounds of ammo.

End of.

Heroin is available to anyone who wants it in the U.S. and is even available in high security prisons despite decades of a war on drugs.

So how could anyone imagine that a prohibition on fire arms could possibly work?

Possessing an illegal gun is a lot different to possessing illegal narcotics.
    There is no craving to having a gun. You can choose to break the law and possess one or you can obey the law and NOT possess one.

An addiction to drugs is a LOT different. Criminalising the drugs is not all of a sudden going to magically eradicate a user's cravings.

There are literally hundreds of millions of handguns in circulations and tens of millions of rifles and billions of rounds of ammo.

End of.

Heroin is available to anyone who wants it in the U.S. and is even available in high security prisons despite decades of a war on drugs.

So how could anyone imagine that a prohibition on fire arms could possibly work?

And for your information 85% of people (that includes gun owners) in the US want background checks.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Japan has more Muslims than Ireland have, they have about 100,000. 10,000 of those are Japanese.

The don't have any Islamic ghettos though, and a tiny number in proportion to their population, france has a 10% Muslim population and no end of trouble that would never be tollerated in Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,577 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

There is little to no chance of a domestic terror attack there, why is that?
    There could be one tomorrow, for all you know.

You're using the fact that there hasn't been one as evidence that there is little chance of one, but that is patent nonsense.
    The don't have any Islamic ghettos though, and a tiny number in proportion to their population, france has a 10% Muslim population and no end of trouble that would never be tollerated in Japan.

woohoo! There's next to no chance of any domestic threat to Ireland so, by that logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭Christy42

Curious as to how you conducted the threat assessment here. I would also be curious as to how much of any increased safety in Japan is due to a lack of action from the country in the middle east. I know ISIS would have no issue killing Japanese people but I imagine they hate the west more.
    No it wouldn't have included Ireland, their problem was domestic terrorism, or is N. Ireland not part of the UK? they can hardly refuse entry to their own citizens.
    Care to make an argument for an open boarders policy with active war zones with terrorist armies that explicity name you as a legitimate target?

I am also curious as to why we can't have something in between Open or Closed borders. Ajar borders we could call it. Potentially something like what we have but with a few additional security measures. Also Trumps point also closes the border to Muslims that aren't from an active war zone.

I seem to remember bombs going off in England..

Yeah the IRA bombing England..

So using your logic, the UK should have barred Irish people..

Or would you like to modify what you said to get around this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Does anyone else here believe that Donald Trump was planted in the Republican Party by the Democrats to sabotage their election campaign and guarantee a Democrat in power?

With the hilarity of how outrages Donald Trump, it must be an elaborate joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I don't think that Trump was planted. He's always been a complete egomaniac. The Republicans tend to have these kind of characters.

• Advertisement

I seem to remember bombs going off in England..

Yeah the IRA bombing England..

So using your logic, the UK should have barred Irish people..

Or would you like to modify what you said to get around this

You're just wilfully ignoring the point, England was bombed by UK citizens from the UK, or is N. Ireland not part of the UK?
    They can't exclude their own citizens and thus suffered incidents of domestic terrorism.

What we shouldn't be doing, and are doing, is allowing immigration from the Middle East which is a hot-bed of Islamic terrorism and thus replicating all the mistakes of the UK and France, which now also have a domestic terrorism problem that is a product of mass immigration. There is no good reason to import a problem so why do so?

Wonder does that include Muslims serving in the military?! It's gone beyond a joke at this stage.

It could be a bit of a meltdown moment. A lot of Trump's supporters (Tea-party nutjobs) think Obama is a Muslim.....so if they petition Trump to kick out Obama, Trump has to tell them that Obama isn't a Muslim ....cue exploding Tea-party heads :pac:

You're just wilfully ignoring the point, England was bombed by UK citizens from the UK, or is N. Ireland not part of the UK?]

Right, so no one from the south.. gotcha..
    What we shouldn't be doing, and are doing, is allowing immigration from the Middle East which is a hot-bed of Islamic terrorism and thus replicating all the mistakes of the UK and France, which now also have a domestic terrorism problem that is a product of mass immigration. There is no good reason to import a problem so why do so?

Since the attacks carried out by French nationals are a domestic problem (e.g. the Charlie Hebdo attacks) - as you have strictly pointed out.. they are therefore "ok"..

and those carried out by e.g. Belgian nationals (involved in the recent Paris attack) means that Belgians should be banned from entering France?

Along this same vein of logic does this mean that Middle Eastern countries should be banning Europeans because thousands of Europeans have traveled to the Middle East to join ISIS who are killing countless Middle Eastern civilians?

I'm just trying to get my head around how this would work..

(because it cannot be a ****wittingly stupid as "ban Muslims because terrorism")

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Orangebrigade

More publicity for Trump and in truth only preached to the converted, his support base.

Most of the Muslim refugees are not Muslim Jihadists. You just need a small handful of Jihadists to cause mayhem, in the case of San Bernardino it was just two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I don't think that Trump was planted. He's always been a complete egomaniac. The Republicans tend to have these kind of characters.

True, though they tend to be the "no-hopers" who go in the early stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Orangebrigade

Trump has no one to answer to and can get away with saying what he wants. He can easily go right over the line if he wants and it probably won't effect his run to be the Republican candidate for President.

Right, so no one from the south.. gotcha..

Since the attacks carried out by French nationals are a domestic problem (e.g. the Charlie Hebdo attacks) - as you have strictly pointed out.. they are therefore "ok"..

and those carried out by e.g. Belgian nationals (involved in the recent Paris attack) means that Belgians should be banned from entering France?

Along this same vein of logic does this mean that Middle Eastern countries should be banning Europeans because thousands of Europeans have traveled to the Middle East to join ISIS who are killing countless Middle Eastern civilians?

I'm just trying to get my head around how this would work..

(because it cannot be a ****wittingly stupid as "ban Muslims because terrorism")

You're just intent on putting words in my mouth aren'tcha?

I'll explain how it will 'all work out' Schengen will collapse, that's how it will work out. Preventing that will require an immigration policy that respects national soverignty. Mass immigration has been a boon for nobody but the multinationals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

A lot of Trump's supporters (Tea-party nutjobs) think Obama is a Muslim

I don't care what anybody says that POS is a muslim and he hates America.

Guess that makes me a nutjob

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

I don't care what anybody says that POS is a muslim and he hates America.

Guess that makes me a nutjob

You've been waiting for a year for your name to be perfect.

Advertisement