Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 13 transfer Fred....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I'm wondering if Lanzini would be a good replacement for Payet.

Assuming 3-4-3 formation, with an eventual front line of Aguero - Kane - Vardy, and 2 out of Silva/KDB/Sanchez/Ozil, I'll need at least one relatively cheap midfielder.

There's not many good options under 6.0m

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

I'm wondering if Lanzini would be a good replacement for Payet.

Assuming 3-4-3 formation, with an eventual front line of Aguero - Kane - Vardy, and 2 out of Silva/KDB/Sanchez/Ozil, I'll need at least one relatively cheap midfielder.

There's not many good options under 6.0m

I think he could be a decent option. Take a look at Bolasie for Palace also. @ 6.1, the position he plays in (false 9, in the hole) and their upcoming run of games he could be excellent.

Yeah palace have some good options in that price range. I think I was steering clear of them earlier in the season as their preferred line up didn't seem to concrete. But looking at Bolasie's game time, he seems to be pretty much nailed on to start now.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Jaggo

Hi,

Anyone considering Cabeye (C Pal, £6.6) as a Payet replacement, a good string of fixtures, penalty and freekick taker. Had a few 2 pointers in a row but a quality player.

Also, I bought Payet at £7.7, he is now worth £8.3, leaving me with a resale value of £8.0. If he drops in value tonight, does his resale value go to £7.9,

(PS - I don't want to lose the .1 million, my Aguero plan will leave me with zero)

Jaggo wrote: »
    Hi,

Anyone considering Cabeye (C Pal, £6.6) as a Payet replacement, a good string of fixtures, penalty and freekick taker. Had a few 2 pointers in a row but a quality player.

Also, I bought Payet at £7.7, he is now worth £8.3, leaving me with a resale value of £8.0. If he drops in value tonight, does his resale value go to £7.9,

(PS - I don't want to lose the .1 million, my Aguero plan will leave me with zero)

Yes you're resale value will drop. I'm in a similar position. So I'd like to decide on my replacement relatively soon.

He's currently at -83% on Fpl stats, so could drop fairly soon. FFFix have him dropping tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭LostArt

I'll probably buy Bolasie or Cabaye to replace Payet, Cabaye is probably more consistant but Bolasie could score big in the next couple of fixtures

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Word of warning:
    Cabaye is one yellow from a suspension.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Aguero' imminent return and Payet's injury means the end of having a strong front 8 for me.
    Looking at the likes of Alli, Lingard, Wanyama and Gosling as a cheap 5th midfielder to replace Payet.
    Leaves me with more than enough to get Aguero in maybe for gw14 or 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭loadwire

Gonna go Payet -> Ozil. Have already done Bony -> Lukaku and only had 1 FT so am -4 even before the internationals.

Will downgrade either Hazard (I know...) or De Bruyne to make cash for Sergio in a couple of weeks. Prob gonna go 3-5-2 next gameweek and give both of them a last chance to impress.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

iroced wrote: »
    Wouldn't you have ditched Sanchez or Sterling instead?

I'm not ready to drop Sanchez yet especially with their fixtures and his penchant for a goal after international breaks.

Sterling wouldn't have given me much options on Pelle replacement, couldn't have afforded Kane and would be probably needing an extra transfer to get Aguero. Plus Sterling is gonna score against his old club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Think I want Kane for his next two at home and then will decide if it's him or Lukaku that make way for Kun. Still have Ayew stinking out my team but will give him the Bournemouth game and then try fit Ozil in for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

FHFC wrote: »
    I'm not ready to drop Sanchez yet especially with their fixtures and his penchant for a goal after international breaks.

Sterling wouldn't have given me much options on Pelle replacement, couldn't have afforded Kane and would be probably needing an extra transfer to get Aguero. Plus Sterling is gonna score against his old club.

Keeping Sterling over KDB is not a bad shout, frees up much needed cash but requires alot of patience having him in your team.

dahat wrote: »
    Keeping Sterling over KDB is not a bad shout, frees up much needed cash but requires alot of patience having him in your team.

Sterling will probably make way to get Aguero in. Then its a decision on whether double City with Aguero and Silva/KDB or double Arsenal mids Sanchez and Ozil. In the meantime Arsenal have some nice games as do Spurs.

Selection headache for this week again though.

Sterling, Sanchez, Mahrez, Mané, Ozil
    Lukaku, Kane, Vardy

Sterling will probably make way to get Aguero in. Then its a decision on whether double City with Aguero and Silva/KDB or double Arsenal mids Sanchez and Ozil. In the meantime Arsenal have some nice games as do Spurs.

Lukaku, Kane, Vardy

I haven't seen Silva mentioned. He's close to a return. Down to 9.9m. My resale on KDB is 10.6 (which may be slightly higher than most), so could make a very handy 0.7m there. KDB returns have eased off, so there's probably not much between the two. Of course Sterling is even better value at 8.9m, but he wouldn't fill me with the same confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

I haven't seen Silva mentioned. He's close to a return. Down to 9.9m. My resale on KDB is 10.6 (which may be slightly higher than most), so could make a very handy 0.7m there. KDB returns have eased off, so there's probably not much between the two. Of course Sterling is even better value at 8.9m, but he wouldn't fill me with the same confidence.

I've been thinking of downgrading here also. The only thing is that with Silva and Aguero back KDB should probably see more points. Some people think he's a rotation risk but I don't think its a huge risk.

Colking wrote: »
    I've been thinking of downgrading here also. The only thing is that with Silva and Aguero back KDB should probably see more points. Some people think he's a rotation risk but I don't think its a huge risk.

Yeah I was thinking that KDBs returns have probably been diminished due to Silva and Aguero's absence. But I think the price difference now I think the swap to silva is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Waiting until after zzzzzzz internationals sorry.

for the moment its Payet to Barkley

Lukaku, Kane, Vardy

Front 8 is a nightmare, benched Mahrez and Lukaku last two weeks, won't be going to a front 8 again I'd say.

I'm on the double Arsenal as is and wary of a double City as I'm narrowing my options with Vardez in my team as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

km79 wrote: »
    pelle has Stoke next vardy may be suspended ......may be a stroke of genius :D

Too late.. i instantly took the -4 to bring him back in! I'm wild:D

Vardy won't be getting any ban now, referees reports have gone in and no action will be taken IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

So basically, in a very gentlemenish but viciously nasty way, you're telling me that Sterling should be my Payet replacement?

Lukaku, Kane, Vardy

Can't you go
    Sterling/KDB/Silva Sanchez Ozil Mahrez Wanyama
    Agüero Kane Vardy

I know it's double Leicester, Arsenal & City but considering the value and form of the former, the form and fixtures of the latter, and the fact there are no obvious much better candidates (I'd say there's "only" an, at best, equivalently appealing trio of Coutinho, Mata & Lukaku), it could pay great dividends.

Currently I'm £0.1m short to this team. Obviously this is not a GW13 team (more like GW15/16) so a lot can change cash-wise in the meantime but assuming everyone's fit, I kinda like it :p...
    28mfdsh.png

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

I've gone for Lanzini to replace Payet. I pulled the trigger because I can't afford to lose value on Payet.

It also frees up funds for Pelle to Ageuro and Myhill/Evans to DDG/Darmian.

The defensive switch is still up in the air but will probably take precedence over getting Aguero back for GW13.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

dahat wrote:
    Vardy won't be getting any ban now, referees reports have gone in and no action will be taken IMO.

Thank god for that.

iroced wrote: »
    So basically, in a very gentlemenish but viciously nasty way, you're telling me that Sterling should be my Payet replacement?

Can't you go
    Sterling/KDB/Silva Sanchez Ozil Mahrez Wanyama
    Agüero Kane Vardy

I know it's double Leicester, Arsenal & City but considering the value and form of the former, the form and fixtures of the latter, and the fact there are no obvious much better candidates (I'd say there's "only" an, at best, equivalently appealing trio of Coutinho, Mata & Lukaku), it could pay great dividends.

Currently I'm £0.1m short to this team. Obviously this is not a GW13 team (more like GW15/16) so a lot can change cash-wise in the meantime but assuming everyone's fit, I kinda like it :p...
    28mfdsh.png

I can go that way (once i downgrade nayghton) and my well do but depends on a number of things such as Sanchez waking the fck up.

What really tempts me is a Kane, Lukaku, Aguero front line which i can do with a midfield along the lines of Sanchez, Mahrez, Ozil, Wanyama and a nid up to around 8.3...which includes Mane, Bolasie/Cabaye, Ayew, Coutinho and the like. Given Busts analysis of Leicesters run of 5/6 games against his top 8 i can see myself dropping vardy, who in terms of the 'regression to the mean' theory is unlikely to maintain his value and returns, while Mahres who i got at 5.5 would still be good value even at lower returns.

Its a very flexible kinda shape too which is important. Benteke could come in if Liverpool start scoring.

And not a spreadsheet in sight. .... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Did Payet to Barkley. Was planning in getting him in anyway so may as well avoid the drop on Payet in the process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Is Deulofeu nailed?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Gary Gurny

Anyone considering Ryan Bennett of Norwich at 3.9 he is dirt cheap and has played 4 90 mins in a row i think now? They seemed to have been leeking goals at the start of the season but slightly better since he has come into the side!?

Is he nailed on for norwich would anyone know now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Went Payet -> Ozil, makes sense fixture wise and Ozil has been playing extremely well as of late.

Might need to get rid of Bony too but willing to take the drop in value on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

Is Deulofeu nailed?

Thats who i thought of straight away, Evertons fixtures are too good and he has looked impressive, never seems to play the full 90 though, D and L combo for me.

The extra money can be used for Aguero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,665 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

So Payet out but who for....
    Have Ozil, Mata, KDB and Hoolahan already. Thinking of bringing back Mahrez but tempted by Barkley and Sterling either

Advertisement