Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 13 transfer Fred....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

If I sell Sako for Simpson this gw I can do my Aguero plan for 2 x -4 rather than a -8 in GW14.

Seems a far better plan to me, spread the risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Lingard in for Redmond. Coutinho in for Payet. To be done by the end of the break barring any other injuries. Might even throw my AOA chip into the mix to lineup as follows:

Hennessey

VVD Kolarov

Mahrez Sanchez Sterling Lingard

Kane Vardy Pelle

Bench of Schwarzer, Richards, Cathcart and Targett with 5.3ITB to draft aguero back in for BUIB.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Aguero being available throws a massive spanner in my transfer plans for this week

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

Rikand wrote: »
    Aguero being available throws a massive spanner in my transfer plans for this week

looking at option there
    -4 payet and pelle out
    aguero in and was going to go for bench fodder like Darren fletcher to keep a million or so
    but 2 interesting names jumped out at me
    lanzini 5.3......poor fixtures though
    delle ali 4.9.....more of a holding mid but he does get in the box
    I already regret buying moreno over Bertrand though so it may be prudent to keep some cash

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

I have exactly the right amount of money to do Mata & Pelle > Lanzini & Aguero.

I'm nervous of the international breaks, but also of Mata/Pelle losing value over the period.

Should I hold off or pull the trigger now?

My front 8 would be Sanchez, Ozil, KDB, Mahrez, Lanzini & Vardy, Ighalo, Aguero.

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    looking at option there
    -4 payet and pelle out
    aguero in and was going to go for bench fodder like Darren fletcher to keep a million or so
    but 2 interesting names jumped out at me
    lanzini 5.3......poor fixtures though
    I already regret buying moreno over Bertrand though so it may be prudent to keep some cash

I kept all my cash from the Aguero sale before and could do

Pelle to Sergio
    Payet to wijnaldum

And still have some change left over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

no need to worry about Pelle dropping this GW, he's still on 31% and they're home to Stoke next.

Mata 10% to a rise as well so you should be safe enough for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Payet out, but for who....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Payet to Barkley
    Doubling up on Barkley & Lukaku for next few weeks

I have Barkley in fpl and 2 x Sky sports FF teams, he's doing little of note in the last 3 weeks. Have you seem anything to suggest he's going to get returns soon as I'm thinking of ditching him...

km79 wrote:

He ain't no holding MF. Dier is doing that job.

He was motm in his last 2 games (both were on sky who have a tendency to give it to English born players).
    He has 3 goals so far this season. Couple of assists too but they might if been in EL or cup games. He's found of a yellow card though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I have Barkley in fpl and 2 x Sky sports FF teams, he's doing little of note in the last 3 weeks. Have you seem anything to suggest he's going to get returns soon as I'm thinking of ditching him...

Agreed. Deulofeu looks the better pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Dempsey wrote: »
    Payet out, but for who....

I'm thinking either Delofeu or Lanzini. Leaning more towards the latter to accommodate Kun. Plus he'll be more focal in the Hammer attack now with Payet out.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Which striker will you move out for Aguero in 2-3 weeks time ?

Lukaku or Kane. Probably Lukaku.

He ain't no holding MF. Dier is doing that job.

He was motm in his last 2 games (both were on sky who have a tendency to give it to English born players).
    He has 3 goals so far this season. Couple of assists too but they might if been in EL or cup games. He's found of a yellow card though.

very good player and nice fixtures .......but prob better use of money can be found

• Registered Users Posts: 9,655 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Have 2 FTs this week and 2.6m in the bank....is Payet to Ozil a wise move at this stage??

Might hold off on Aguero for another couple of rounds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Have 2 FTs this week and 2.6m in the bank....is Payet to Ozil a wise move at this stage??

Thats the move I made yesterday evening, time will tell if it's wise or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Might just replace Payet with a cheapie like Lingaard. Also tempted to treble up on everton with Deulofeu.

Rest of MF is Mahrez, Barkley, Sanchez, De Bruyne

Would get Ozil but I'd have to take a hit

those are some tasty fixtures Everton have...... ..maybe kun can wait........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Payet is currently dropping at almost 10%/hour according to FFfix. Looks like he might make the first drop tonight. 1 drop wont affect my resale value but I don't want him to drop again and lose value. At the same stage I want to get Cabaye in to replace him but he is in the French squad for their 2 friendlies and I won't know if he gets through injury free until next Wednesday. Ugghhhh.

Kane is also due to rise tonight and that's not helping (I was planning to get him in as my second FT for Martial).

menoscemo wrote: »
    Payet is currently dropping at almost 10%/hour according to FFfix. Looks like he might make the first drop tonight. 1 drop wont affect my resale value but I don't want him to drop again and lose value. At the same stage I want to get Cabaye in to replace him but he is in the French squad for their 2 friendlies and I won't know if he gets through injury free until next Wednesday. Ugghhhh.

Kane is also due to rise tonight and that's not helping (I was planning to get him in as my second FT for Martial).

The sensible thing to do is to wait and see how the injuries / potential injuries pan out.

The risky option is to throw the dice on price rises and hope you don't get hurt.

Personally speaking I threw the dice yesterday and took a -4. Hopefully it doesn't come back to haunt me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Having not hugely thought it through I've done KDB to Ozil (last night before he went up) and Pellè to Kane with my 2 fts.

With mostly friendly internationals I'm hoping for the best. Plus I have a strong front 8 and a selection headache, as well as 4 good defence fixtures and another selection headache there so can stomach a couple of injuries.

I've been cautious about transfers lately and taken some damage to my team value as a result, but more importantly playing against my grain has seen me slump in points returns too. Decided against an early value saving Ozil transfer 2 weeks ago and went for sensible "on form with great fixtures" Pellè over Kane before that.

Getting rid of KdB majorly risky but I'm not gonna want him and Aguero i think and I'm now 2 transfers from lukaku/Kane to Aguero, or interestingly, 3 from a Lukaku, Kane, Aguero front line which is definitely more my style!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Yeah I don't think KDB will be having as much an impact anymore. That's my main gut feeling which is why I transferred him out last night. I wanted to get rid of both Mane and Pelle, but I might have to keep them with all the other concerns. I looked up a few stats and 30% of Stoke's conceded goals last year were from headers, which is a little more promising for Pelle.

Payet will have to go obviously, and I might consider a cheap, short term replacement that's in form. I'll probably get Butland in which means I'll be cheering for Pelle and Mane, while cheering for a Stoke clean sheet! Both sides covered anyways (wait till Tadic goal!). Berahino was meant to be gone already, and I don't think I could plough through several weeks of hard WB fixtures with him, plus Rondon is stepping up. Basically, I've no idea what to do lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,655 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Cartman78 wrote: »

Went Payet to Ozil and Bony to Kone....now have 5.5m in the bank for the inevitable Pelle to Aguero switch in the coming weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Gave in to Bony -> Kane.

Wanted to wait for internationals to be played but money's quickly becoming a huge problem for me and any saved £0.1m is gonna be vital now to avoid a massive hit for Agüero if the fecker is back firing sooner than (I) expected...

FHFC wrote: »
    Having not hugely thought it through I've done KDB to Ozil (last night before he went up) and Pellè to Kane with my 2 fts.

With mostly friendly internationals I'm hoping for the best. Plus I have a strong front 8 and a selection headache, as well as 4 good defence fixtures and another selection headache there so can stomach a couple of injuries.

I've been cautious about transfers lately and taken some damage to my team value as a result, but more importantly playing against my grain has seen me slump in points returns too. Decided against an early value saving Ozil transfer 2 weeks ago and went for sensible "on form with great fixtures" Pellè over Kane before that.

Getting rid of KdB majorly risky but I'm not gonna want him and Aguero i think and I'm now 2 transfers from lukaku/Kane to Aguero, or interestingly, 3 from a Lukaku, Kane, Aguero front line which is definitely more my style!! :)

Wouldn't you have ditched Sanchez or Sterling instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'll be doing kdb to Ozil in the next gw or 2. Ozil getting a nice rest over the international break is good. With silva nasri Aguero on the way back I think kdb may see some rotation in the coming weeks.

That would be a very nice frontline.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

fucked up already! I was too eager to get my transfers in to beat price rises and was supposed to keep Vardy out of my 3 strikers, low and behold i only went and shipped Vardy and Bony out and left myself with Pellé:rolleyes -4 just to correct my mistake straight away (had 2 free transfers) my head has not been in the game this year at all :( lingering back down around 1.4mil again.

fucked up already! I was too eager to get my transfers in to beat price rises and was supposed to keep Vardy out of my 3 strikers, low and behold i only went and shipped Vardy and Bony out and left myself with Pellé:rolleyes -4 just to correct my mistake straight away (had 2 free transfers) my head has not been in the game this year at all :( lingering back down around 1.4mil again.

Ouch :( , should have put the drunk/too tired lock on the keyboard/phone.

pelle has Stoke next vardy may be suspended ......may be a stroke of genius :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Colking wrote: »
    Ouch :( , should have put the drunk/too tired lock on the keyboard/phone.

tell me about it. Although in fairness its just another case of me not paying attention this season. After my highest finish ever last year i've lost interest this season and im struggling in all my money leagues. :rolleyes: even if im trailing by this pint in the past my team value has been quite high to milk the Jan WC but that's not even the case this season.

Ah well... maybe i'll write this season off and plan for next yr! Like Chelsea and Liverpool ha

Advertisement