Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 13 transfer Fred....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

reluctant to sell pelle at home to stoke
    also think it's too early for aguero really
    beginning to look at getting Kane in and building towards a 343 with vardy Kane aguero up front
    means selling ighalo though...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Did Payet -> Ozil a few days ago and still have another FT.

I've many on the chopping block:

Richards, Sinclair, Ruddy, Pelle, Martial.

I want Aguero, Kane, Butland for definite.

Gonna wait until Friday week to make my mind up on the second transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Invincible

km79 wrote: »
    reluctant to sell pelle at home to stoke
    also think it's too early for aguero really
    beginning to look at getting Kane in and building towards a 343 with vardy Kane aguero up front
    means selling ighalo though...........

I'd hold Pelle for next week if I had him, following week he's away to City while Kane is home to Chelsea, know more on Aguero by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Beginning to look at my Kun contingency plan for the next week or 2.

I think KdB will be the one to go as his point-getting potential will probably drop upon Kun's return.

Option 1: Kane/Kdb -> Kun/6.7m mid i.e Cabaye.

Option 2: Vardy/Kdb -> Kun/4.3m mid bench fodder i.e. Watson.

Leaning towards option 2 as it would give me the premium front line of Kane/Kun/Lukaku backed up by a mid of Sanchez/Mahrez/Mane/Barkley.

Don't want to ditch Kane who seems to be back to form and Vardy might start to taper off a bit once the record business is settled and fixtures get tougher.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Jaggo

Invincible wrote: »
    I'd hold Pelle for next week if I had him, following week he's away to City while Kane is home to Chelsea, know more on Aguero by then.

With the number of people dumping Pelle, I am convinced that BUIB will add to his legend by getting a hat-trick next match.

I can feel their rage already!

PS: not sure of the fantasy football wisdom of holding a player just so I can be smug....
    but it will be funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Gonna hold pelle now I think for a Stoke and then look to ship him for Aguero after

Invincible wrote: »

I'm holding him alright
    I'm just now debating whether to bring in and captain Kane for ighalo
    gives me a problem getting aguero back then .......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

lougal88 wrote: »
    Beginning to look at my Kun contingency plan for the next week or 2.

I think KdB will be the one to go as his point-getting potential will probably drop upon Kun's return.

Option 1: Kane/Kdb -> Kun/6.7m mid i.e Cabaye.

Option 2: Vardy/Kdb -> Kun/4.3m mid bench fodder i.e. Watson.

Leaning towards option 2 as it would give me the premium front line of Kane/Kun/Lukaku backed up by a mid of Sanchez/Mahrez/Mane/Barkley.

Don't want to ditch Kane who seems to be back to form and Vardy might start to taper off a bit once the record business is settled and fixtures get tougher.

On the contrary, I think it'll increase. His returns have been poor with Aguero out.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

On the contrary, I think it'll increase. His returns have been poor with Aguero out.

I hear what you're saying but I think with Kun and Silva out he had a big opportunity to grab decent scores. He even had short spells up front.

But when City have all their attacking players back I think I wont be alone in downgrading KdB as a way of getting Aguero in.
    I still think the scores will be shared among Kdb, Silva Sterling et all.

Anyhoo, does anybody have any advice on which option was better?
    Too much money in a Forward Holy Trinity of Kun/Kane/Lukaku?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

KDB had his best returns when Aguero was in the team.

4 weeks playing with Aguero = 35 points.

4 weeks playing without Aguero = 16 points.

Your point about KDB and Silva makes more sense I think. They've only played in the one match together versus Newcastle. Silva coming back could diminish KDB's assists.

I'd take Vardy over Lukaku any day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Mother of God. Just logged in to see how my team fared in internationals. 5 yellow flags and a red. Think I might just log back out again and hope for the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Mother of God. Just logged in to see how my team fared in internationals. 5 yellow flags and a red. Think I might just log back out again and hope for the best!
    Wouldn't read much into it, mostly lads with "wink wink" niggles to get out of playing meaningless friendlies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Wouldn't read much into it, mostly lads with "wink wink" niggles to get out of playing meaningless friendlies.

Ah yeah I reckoned it was all only minor, if not! Granted, the last international break was cruel to me so hopefully this one shapes up better. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Would actually love if Vardy did miss one. Would be an advantage to strong front 8 people if such a highly owned player was out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

FHFC wrote: »
    Would actually love if Vardy did miss one. Would be an advantage to strong front 8 people if such a highly owned player was out

Not those of us with Payet as well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Not those of us with Payet as well :(

Even better. :D

at the moment I have nobody in the Sunday or Monday night game.......payet to bolasie is therefore tempting me !
    I'm .1 short of bringing in Kane for ighalo as well! of course if vardy is out injured .............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Pelle to Kane
    Payet to Evertonion Messi.

Will try and resist the urge to get Kun until the Stoke game.

lukaku is miles out in front on FFS captain poll
    combined with his high ownership he is becoming a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

km79 wrote: »
    lukaku is miles out in front on FFS captain poll
    combined with his high ownership he is becoming a problem
    We all know what happens when Lukaku tops a captain poll

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Villa looked a lot more organised against City. If Tim was still in charge, I'd go for Lukaku but not now I don't think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Might bank this week and reassess as i'm none the wiser on what to do with my defence

Vertonghen (WHU)
    Kolarov (LIV)
    Bellerin (wba)

Subs:
    Simpson (new)
    Prodl (MANU)

Long term I want Man U and Soton defensive coverage and with that I want Prodl & Vertonghen moved on. Utd away to Watford and Soton at home to Stoke - not good options for clean sheet to what I have.

Perhaps bank and then reassess Utd cover later.

Or move Payet on for Stanilas allowing for Aguero next week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Thinking Smalling, Bellerin,Payet, Mahrez, Ayoze and Pelle out for Coleman,O'Shea, Houlihan, Brady, Whelan and Walters for -24.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

better be quick, a Walters triple rise is imminent.

better be quick, a Walters triple rise is imminent.

thank God I sold begovic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Joking aside Walters isnt a bad option. Has been playing upfront for Stoke and if I recall has signed a new contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

patmac wrote: »
    Thinking Smalling, Bellerin,Payet, Mahrez, Ayoze and Pelle out for Coleman,O'Shea, Houlihan, Brady, Whelan and Walters for -24.

That's only a -20 unless you've already used up a FT or two. I'm guessing you used your FT before Friday with a Begovic -> Randolph.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Gary Gurny

Someone help me please I have about 4/5 that needs transferring out at this stage now but in spite of that I am loathe to take a hit.and I think I should have 11 this coming week to field so I am nearly sure I will bank .

DE gea. (McCarthy)

Bertrand. Bellerin. Dier. (Simpson) (Staylor)

KDB. Sanchez. Mahrez. Mane. (Westwood)

Vardy. Lukaku. Costa.

I know my defence needs a lot of work, with possibly Dier, and Taylor leaving. Depending of course whether bellerin is fit this weekend, any news of him being fit actually?

I am considering transferring out Sanchez for ozil to be honest..not only cos of funds but he seems to be a better option the last few weeks.
    Mane to Bolasie is a transfer I may make this week due to palaces nice run of games but I could see mane doing well against Stoke so that can wait a week more .
    Westwood obviously has to go for someone who plays .

Don't know if Vardy will be fit this week? Lukaku can stay. Costa has been absolutely rubbish since I got him in 3 weeks ago, but Chelsea's fixtures are just unreal so I am willing to give him probably another 2/3 weeks, especially since kun is not back yet..thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Did Payet --> Ozil last night before Payet's drop.
    On -8 for the week now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Gary Gurny wrote:
    Someone help me please I have about 4/5 that needs transferring out at this stage now but in spite of that I am loathe to take a hit.and I think I should have 11 this coming week to field so I am nearly sure I will bank .

I dunno if you are serious or taking the p1ss. There's not a lot wrong with your team. Your defense has a good mix of players from the teams with the best defensive records in the epl so far - united, arsens, Spurs and Southampton.

Sure you could move Dier and Saylor but unless you've got budget to play with then any transfer is likely to be a sideways move.

Advertisement