Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 13 transfer Fred....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Gary Gurny

I dunno if you are serious or taking the p1ss. There's not a lot wrong with your team. Your defense has a good mix of players from the teams with the best defensive records in the epl so far - united, arsens, Spurs and Southampton.

Sure you could move Dier and Saylor but unless you've got budget to play with then any transfer is likely to be a sideways move.

lol no i am not taking the piss at all. perhaps i am just panicking a bit because currently i have 5 players as doubtful. Probably bank it this week tho and make 2/3 transfers next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Should I get Lukaku in for Berahino for another (-4) with Sanchez being out, or should I chance Sanchez playing and then have Berahino as my player to come on if he doesn't play? Probably my hardest transfer week yet, so many players suddenly off form/ have bad fixtures/ injured.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

I think the big headache people are going to have in the coming weeks is who to choose from between Lukaku and Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

I think the big headache people are going to have in the coming weeks is who to choose from between Lukaku and Kane

Currently have Lukaku Kane Vardy, but will have to move one of them for return of Kun

Thinking Lukaku at the moment (in about 2 weeks)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

Currently have Lukaku Kane Vardy, but will have to move one of them for return of Kun

Thinking Lukaku at the moment (in about 2 weeks)

That will be hard to do especially if he maintains his form, I'm comtemplating not getting in Arguero at all and going with Kabe Lukaku and Vardy, apart from that explosion against newcastle Aguero did very little in the first 7 gameweeks, it was only 19 points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

That will be hard to do especially if he maintains his form, I'm comtemplating not getting in Arguero at all and going with Kabe Lukaku and Vardy, apart from that explosion against newcastle Aguero did very little in the first 7 gameweeks, it was only 19 points

If the prices don't move too much, can downgrade Kompany and go with Kun/Kane/Lukaku

Tempted !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm tempted by dumping Lukaku and bringing in Delofeu for Payet in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm tempted by dumping Lukaku and bringing in Delofeu for Payet in the coming weeks.
    So you'd reckon the young spaniard is the "best" Payet replacement (considering Ozil/Mata should be too expensive options for my team)?

I still think Bolasie or Willian are the better value Payet replacements.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Oh! More yellow flags! Let's hope this clears up over the next two days so I can figure out who I actually need to transfer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

With maximum 5.5 to spend on a defender (Finally getting Muniesa out of my team), which would people consider to be the best choice over the next couple of GWs?

I'm going with Arsenal, Everton or a Crystal Palace DF as they seem to have best run of fixtures over next few GW's

Palace: (SUN, NEW, eve, SOT, sto, bou)

Dann 5.2
    Kelly 4.3
    Delaney 4.4

Arsenal: (wba, nor, SUN, avl)
    Mertesacker 5.3
    Debuchy 5.2

Everton: (AVL, bou, CPL, nor, LEI, new)
    Galloway 4.5
    Stones 5.5
    Funes Mori 5.5

• Registered Users Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I've already done a minus 8 bringing in Willian, Ozil and Williams

I have Martial and Vardy. What's the likelihood that both will be out this weekend? I'm more hopeful for Vardy playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Nalz wrote: »
    I've already done a minus 8 bringing in Willian, Ozil and Williams

I have Martial and Vardy. What's the likelihood that both will be out this weekend? I'm more hopeful for Vardy playing.

Why Williams? Swansea have only kept one clean sheet all season and have City and Pool away in the next few weeks. Bertrand is only .3 more expensive and is a better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

hogey143 wrote: »
    With maximum 5.5 to spend on a defender (Finally getting Muniesa out of my team), which would people consider to be the best choice over the next couple of GWs?

I'm going with Arsenal, Everton or a Crystal Palace DF as they seem to have best run of fixtures over next few GW's

Palace: (SUN, NEW, eve, SOT, sto, bou)

Dann 5.2
    Kelly 4.3
    Delaney 4.4

Arsenal: (wba, nor, SUN, avl)
    Mertesacker 5.3
    Debuchy 5.2

Everton: (AVL, bou, CPL, nor, LEI, new)
    Galloway 4.5
    Stones 5.5
    Funes Mori 5.5

From those options, I'd go Souare for 4.5m or Delaney. Neither of the Arsenal defenders there are nailed and Everton haven't kept a cleanie in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Why Williams? Swansea have only kept one clean sheet all season. Bertrand is only .3 more expensive and is a better option.

I bought him first with the money I had, he's got home games vs Leicester and Bournemouth coming up... with Liverpool in between. Can't completely justify the transfer now though having subsequently made more.

Anyways, re Vardy and Martial... are people confident one or both will start? I reckon United will play Mata---Herrera---Lingard\Depay with Rooney up top.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Nalz wrote: »
    I bought him first with the money I had, he's got home games vs Leicester and Bournemouth coming up... with Liverpool in between. Can't completely justify the transfer now though having subsequently made more.

Anyways, re Vardy and Martial... are people confident one or both will start? I reckon United will play Mata---Herrera---Lingard\Depay with Rooney up top.

Hopefully we'll get more news from the press conferences on Friday so I'd hold off making any more changes before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Brought Kane and Alli in for Payet and Pelle.

Have 5.8m in the bank, will be tempted to go Lukaku Kane Aguero when he is back.

iroced wrote: »
    So you'd reckon the young spaniard is the "best" Payet replacement (considering Ozil/Mata should be too expensive options for my team)?

Looks the best of the likely lads to me. I see people mentioning Bolasie but Pardew loves shifting those mids of his around, a bit too much for my liking.

I won't be replacing Payet until after this weekend. I used my two transfers and want to give the possible replacements another week of auditioning.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Looks the best of the likely lads to me. I see people mentioning Bolasie but Pardew loves shifting those mods of his around, a bit too much for my liking.

I won't be replacing Payet until after this weekend. I used my two transfers and want to give the possible replacements another week of auditioning.

I know! One week Cabaye was modding the soccer forum; next week it was Atheism and Agnosticism!

I know! One week Cabaye was modding the soccer forum; next week it was Atheism and Agnosticism!

Now edited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Martinez also hìstorically loves to rotate his widemen. I'd be reluctant to consider delefeou until he plays a few more games .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I'll be selling Payet this week to a 4.4 mid, and playing Wijandum who I'll likely sell next week. (Maybe to Ozil?) Just waiting for my flags to clear so I know if anyone else needs to go!

Martinez also hìstorically loves to rotate his widemen. I'd be reluctant to consider delefeou until he plays a few more games .

That's a good point but it's slim pickings trying to find a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Jesper

CP have an excellent run of fixtures coming up. I'm going to change Martin (Norwich) to a CP defender. Kelly, Soure, Ward? who would people suggest?

I have kept to transfers this week to put Kun back in... but with 3 good strikers and strong midfield I think I might hold off a week and upgrade my defense.

Then next week Pelle & Mane -> Kun + 5th mid.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Jesper

That's a good point but it's slim pickings trying to find a replacement.

Tom Cleverley is back and 'fully fit' again as well. If Everton go ahead there is a big danger of Duf coming off and a more defensive midfielder (TC) coming in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,665 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Bellerin out this wkd

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Bellerin out this wkd

No. He's back. Was there meant to be a question mark at the end of that statement?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,665 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

FHFC wrote: »
    No. He's back. Was there meant to be a question mark at the end of that statement?

According to Wenger he's out, see 10:07 here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

they made a mistake, it's WALCOTT, Ramsey & Ox still injured.
    Bellerin is definitely fit to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Bellerin in is massive.

Advertisement