Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OnePlus X Invite Thread *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Take me off the list please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 keanep1

Used 2nd email address yesterday and received invite today. not sure if linked to email but can share. Its a great phone...

keanep1 wrote: »
    Used 2nd email address yesterday and received invite today. not sure if linked to email but can share. Its a great phone...

Sorry - just read email now and says invite is linked to my email address... Gonna use it to buy for m8 so ignore above.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I've gotten an invite but its linked to my email address, not sure if it can be shared out somehow?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭delta214

Can someone confirm the total price with shipping? I've searched the thread a few times now but cant find it

Edit: Found it in another thread
    OnePlus X Onyx (UK) €269.00
    Shipping & Handling €24.49
    Grand Total €293.49

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

delta214 wrote: »
    Can someone confirm the total price with shipping? I've searched the thread a few times now but cant find it

Edit: Found it in another thread

293.50 or thereabouts

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭stanley1980

Can you take me off the list please.

I got my invite today-applied on Saturday. Just ordered now. They have cases back in stock too- ordered the bamboo though they all look nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Looks like this thread could be a bit pointless really. Almost everyone on the list has received an invite from Oppo.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Mister-M5

Jayop wrote: »
    Looks like this thread could be a bit pointless really. Almost everyone on the list has received an invite from Oppo.

Is there any reason OnePlus wouldn't send you one? I only applied Sunday night so hopefully mine should be here over the next few days.

Some people on Adverts selling them for €15-20. Bit rough.

Mister-M5 wrote: »
    Is there any reason OnePlus wouldn't send you one? I only applied Sunday night so hopefully mine should be here over the next few days.

I doubt it. I applied for one the day they came out but I spent a wad on my OP2 that same week so I couldn't get it. I'd say if you applied for one then just sit tight for a few days and you'll either get one here or from OPPO for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭stanley1980

Some right scabby people out there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I would love an invitation, so can I be put on the list please? Have just decided I am upgrading from a creaking iPhone 4s to the +2….looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Skidmcmarx

Could I be taken off the list please. Mine phone is on the way

As soon as I get an invite i'll come back for anyone who needs it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 CK701

To anyone who has already received their Oneplus X:

Is it worth it or should I pay a bit extra for the Oneplus Two?

I have read some reviews which say the camera is disappointing, have you found this to be the case?

Off the lost please…I am going for the oneplusone.

• Moderators Posts: 12,369 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

CK701 wrote: »

I have read some reviews which say the camera is disappointing, have you found this to be the case?

They're not comparable phones. The OnePlus 2 is a flagship high end phone. The OnePlus X is a well spec'd, mid range, no fills phone.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

My previous phone was a HTC One M8

The One Plus X appears a bit brittle- in comparison to my previous phone
    The lock button on the left hand side- has a little bit of give that is unexpected- but does work well

Initial setup failed 3 times- until I skipped the suggested route and manually input a Wifi router etc later (when it did work fine). It immediately insisted on downloading a 196Mb update file- which suggested it improved the camera.
    After installing the update I tried the camera- to see what the story was. I was in a low light situation (multiple 40 Watt equivalent bulbs)- and tried to focus on my wife (less than 3 feet away). It failed miserably to even attempt to focus on her- the resulting image could best be described as a brown coloured blur that resembles a cup of tea with a dash of milk in it.

Photographs in daylight- it tried to use low light settings @ 11AM this morning- including the flash- which gave a washed out image.

Two SIM card symbols- present- representing its two available SIM slots. Putting a SIM in one and a 128Gb Micro SDHC in the other- leaves a missing SIM message- despite the slot being taken up with the memory card.

Swiping down to activate controls- and the other changes- are not intuitive- and annoyed me- they will take some getting used to.

The screen and picture quality- is really good.

Sound- poor incomparison to the HTC I'm used to

Build quality- not on par with HTC- though the phone itself does look very well.

Power button on the side beside the volume rocker- is annoying- I accidentally turned off the phone when trying to lower the call volume

Speaker phone usage- crap- avoid (keep in mind I'm used to a HTC with dual 'boom sound' speakers- these ones are tinnie and sound quality- at volume- is not satisfactory.

It is a good phone- I'm being quite critical with the above- but I'm happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SeanyG94

Have an invite to give away. How do I go about?

SeanyG94 wrote: »

If you could shoot a PM to nixmix who's next on the list and get them to send you their email.

Cheers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Mister-M5

SeanyG94 wrote: »

Just wondering, what was the turnaround time from the time you applied and the time you received the invite?

• Advertisement

Just wondering, what was the turnaround time from the time you applied and the time you received the invite?

5 days for me. Registered on the 9th of this month and got the invite on the 14th. Was expecting a much longer wait so wasn't prepared to buy the thing yet. My brother used it. He can invite me when I'm in the position to purchase can't he? Well in this case it's me that will be inviting him for me to get it...if that makes sense

Sold my OnePlus 2 as just too big, finding no fault with OnePlus X since using it past few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭boardtc

It looks like invites are scare now but please send one on if you can to me, I can but immediately. Thanks!

OK, I realise I coming off as flakey, but I would like to be added back on to the list please. I spent hours watching reviews etc today, and I am now officially in the market to buy the OnePlusX. It just has the design feel that excites me enough to switch from iPhone after all these years.

FM Radio too! :-)

Apologies for flakiness…on the list for good please!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭delta214

Please take me off the list guys. Ordered mine tonight with a sign up invite (came within a few days). I'll share any invites I get on here :)

Sorry - just read email now and says invite is linked to my email address... Gonna use it to buy for m8 so ignore above.

Ok. M8 got his own invite. I have an invite and it says tied to email address, the email isn't registered to a OP account, the email is just used to sync a contact list, how can I share it as it expires today.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭vigos

Hi all,

I looking to buy a OnePlus X soon, could I get added to the list?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Just got an invite. Has nixmix been sorted yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭fungie

I am not sure but it should probably go to the next person because they had their chance.

Also, If you cant get in contact with people next on the list I can take it off you hands :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,369 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Not sure. Move onto jimmad though. I'll PM Seanie to see did he sort out nixmix.

EDIT: Ah. Seanie has 2 posts, and hasnt logged in since asked where to go with his invite.

EDIT2: I've PM'd nixmix asking was he sorted out with an invite yet.

Advertisement