Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oneplus X

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Well I've been experiencing much improvement with this update. 1080p playback appears fine with the constant buffering and freezing gone. Keyboard still has a bit of lag, but definitely quicker then before. Phone screens appear to be more reactive and slightly smoother.

Still annoyed its taken this long for an official update to come out to address these issues. I'm seeing on a number of threads I was following users suffering my issues reporting back the same improvement.

So will keep tabs on how things go, havn't noticed any issues with battery life since upgrading, although I've always found the battery life to be poor on this, and considering I'm at a desk most of the day I typically always have it on charge

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

Zascar wrote: »
    Did anyone else have the problem with not being able to share or attach anything, some annoying warning about drawing over the screen?
    Yes, real PITA to to sort out... I'd solved it by going into Settings/Apps/Configure apps (ie the gear icon)/Draw over other apps, toggle each listed app setting from Yes to No, then, go relaunch the app that originally popped up the error and follow the prompts to grant whatever permission it looking for (eg to access Storage, Contacts, etc). Then go back to the Draw over other apps list and reset to Yes. You could either repeat this tedious routine each time you encounter an affected app for the first time after upgrading, or, leave the Draw etc settings to No for few days as you go through your apps until you're confident you've set permissions for all the ones that require it.
    jozi wrote: »
    I think generally updating is fine but when there are a lot of changes (like upgrading to a new android version with many chances) I would do a factory reset as there's to much junk from several updates that can cause problems.

You guys experiencing problems would do well to factory reset, I'm almost certain it will fix all your problems and issues with the one drawback of having to backup everything and restore again
    Much safer to do a Wipe Cache from Recovery menu as a first step (very effective at resolving such issues and does not affect any data or app settings) and only do a factory reset or system reinstall from full zip as second/last resorts...
    1. Power off.
    2. Press & hold Volume Down button and power back on. Then at recovery menu select:
    3. English/Wipe data and cache/Wipe cache/Yes/Reboot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

Utah wrote: »
    Battery life is shocking since update.
    50% lost overnight last night

yeah ****ty battery since the update.

is there a paticular rom that is noted for good battery usage.

think my 12 month old phone's battery is fading regardless of the rom.

Put a full charge in last night just to see, and left phone idle (as I normally do) overnight, not plugged in. A good 50% worn off. Since reading about battery issues have been conscious to not leave my phone on charge to see, and am seeing the battery drain like mad.

I typically leave geo location, bluetooth and wifi enabled, as I tend to use it a lot and can't be arsed constantly toggling.

It's no major deal considering I leave the phone charging most of the day, but I see a potential issue with some driving, as my car charger isn't really the most powerful, and I don't see it charging up the phone while I'm using GPS navigation or Spotify.(And in most scenarios, I'd be using both at once, or a podcast app instead of spotify)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

mine loses like 5-10% overnight. I really struggle to see how massive battery drain can be caused by a software update.

• Advertisement

mine loses like 5-10% overnight. I really struggle to see how massive battery drain can be caused by a software update.

I've seen it happen before with a bug introduced into an existing app or some of the phones functionality.

I know my Nexus 4 went through an awful update that when the Bluetooth was enabled battery would get drained like mad. There was another bug that the Wifi, even if connected, would keep like cycling to scan networks and eat battery. On a Samsung I had, using Microsoft Exchange as a mail provider in the default mail app would EAT battery due to how often it would fetch updates, introduced with a software release that made some UI improvements to the mail app.

I guess with issues like this you can only immediately say "when" it started happening, but until it gets narrowed down its tough to rule it out being potentially some of the base functionality, or a third party app being funny.

I know the Facebook app has caused issues on a number of Android phones in the past also, I'm in the beta programme on that and resource and battery usage goes through cycles of being a red flag issue on beta pilots from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Factory reset, solution to everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

Is it possible to do a factory reset without having to re download all the apps and lay them out again?! Really couldn't be arsed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭budgemook

Is it possible to do a factory reset without having to re download all the apps and lay them out again?! Really couldn't be arsed!

Don't the apps download automatically for you after the factory reset?

FWIW my phone seems fine after the update. I charged it up yesterday evening before bed and the battery is at 54%. I don't think I've been using it that much today but it still seems normal. i'll keep an eye on it over the next while and factory reset if I think I need to. Hoping this fella keeps me going until the next generation of Androids come out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Apps will download but you'll lose, pictures, text, app shortcuts, widgets etc unless you backup stuff. I think you can probably restore but I'm not sure what you would use.

Going to transfer pics etc to the sd card and do the reset tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Going to transfer pics etc to the sd card and do the reset tomorrow.

Install Google photos and they'll upload to your Google account

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭budgemook

Install Google photos and they'll upload to your Google account

Sure, but you either need to choose a lower quality for unlimited storage or pay Google when your free allowance (which is quite large) runs out. You're right though, I wouldn't bother backing up my phone photos now as I have them all up on Google and I still have a lot of storage left.

I didn't do a thing and last night I only lost 6% over 8 hours, that's what it was like before the update. Strange....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

I didn't do a thing and last night I only lost 6% over 8 hours, that's what it was like before the update. Strange....
    I switched to nova launcher and it resolved my battery issue. looking at the battery stats it was the one plus launcher consuming ~35% of the battery.

eoinf wrote: »
    I switched to nova launcher and it resolved my battery issue. looking at the battery stats it was the one plus launcher consuming ~35% of the battery.

I also use nova so that wasn't the cause.
    All is good now apart from the radio stopping working after 40 mins. Oneplus have raised the issue with their tech team, I won't hold my breath. Can just use radio apps instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭stanley1980

ever since the update the other week I've been getting this error message popping up: 'Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped'. Anyone any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭cgill

ever since the update the other week I've been getting this error message popping up: 'Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped'. Anyone any suggestions?

Disable Google+ in settings and then restart the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

Anyone know what is the best solution to fix the one plus x since this dodgy update a few days back??

I contacted one plus and they provided me with the following link to downgrade my sotware to the previous version in an attempt to resolve the issue but I'm not knowledgeable on rooting phones and installing new OS's and really don't know what I am doing:

https://boycracked.com/tag/downgrade-oneplus-x/

Since the update, my one plus x keeps stalling and lagging significantly and displaying the message that the one plus OS launcher has crashed. The battery life has also reduced by more than half. It drained by 65% in two hours this morning and usually it is pretty good for battery.

Any help with how to downgrade or revert to my previous software appreciated....or indeed a different solution??

• Advertisement

cgill wrote: »
    Disable Google+ in settings and then restart the phone

I can't find google+ in the settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭cgill

I can't find google+ in the settings?

Settings > Apps > Google + > Disable/Uninstall then restart your phone

cgill wrote: »
    Settings > Apps > Google + > Disable/Uninstall then restart your phone

It worked! Thanks a million!:)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I can't believe I never knew this, but if you press the power button twice quickly (when the screen is off) it bring you straight into the camera. Handy!

I can't believe I never knew this, but if you press the power button twice quickly (when the screen is off) it bring you straight into the camera. Handy!
    Easier to draw a circle on the locked, standby screen :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

True, but I find that often it does not work. You can double push the power button with just one hand, even while pulling it out of your pocket

True, but I find that often it does not work. You can double push the power button with just one hand, even while pulling it out of your pocket
    Fair point!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭delta214

Is anyone having problems with their SD card since the recent update? I keep getting 'Removed SanDisk SD Card' notifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭HoggyRS

Has anyone experienced this issue? My one plus x has issues picking up mobile data networks (3g, 4g etc). It can work grand (grand not great, dont think its great at picking up wifi signals either) but then when it loses the data signal (such as if im in a remote area) it wont be able to find this signal again, even if im in an urban area again, without restarting the phone. Anyone have any idea why this is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

HoggyRS wrote: »
    when it loses the data signal (such as if im in a remote area) it wont be able to find this signal again, even if im in an urban area again, without restarting the phone. Anyone have any idea why this is?

I've had this exact same issue since I got the phone a year or so ago: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97855806&postcount=438

I've had the issue on two devices on two networks (VF and Meteor) I think one or two others may have had the same issue. Never managed to get a fix for it and gave up looking months ago! :( Only happens every now and again for me, I can't find a pattern to it. I just keep an eye out for it and restart if needed.

Advertisement