Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2017

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I started a game with Charlton, as i wanted something a bit different from Spurs. Obviously, they'd be expected to be promoted in the first season, and i'm doing ok so far. Top of the league, though i lost in the 2nd round of the EFL to Norwich and to Leyon Orient in the other cup, which was annoying. Had no money at the start, but have around 500k now. Mostly relying on loans though, which makes things a lot easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I started a g game with Watford. Just finished my first season and finished 9th. I'm delighted with that as we got off to a shaky start but that was to do with serious unfamiliarity with the tactics.

I'm not joking when I say I never had a season that good in the whole of FM 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Update on my Southampton save where I was 4th after 27 games. Ended up tied first after Arsenal had a massive collapse, and had to play in a PL Title playoff, which I lost 3-2 having taken a two nil lead. Pretty gutted, but I far surpassed my expectations to get that far. Think there was only a 3-4 points from 1st to 6th, actually. Very close at the top.

Belotti who I signed for 16m at the start of the year scored 40+ goals in all comps. 29 in the PL. He's an absolute beast. Must say, Southampton are a ridiculously well run club, and the finances now in the PL make things a lot easier since I last played FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Started out with Limerick FC in the Irish First Division and had a rocky start to the league, even had the meeting with board and asked for a month. Luckily the tactic became fully fluid at the time and we went on an amazing run from 2nd from bottom to 2nd in the league, winning promotion in the playoffs. Won the Munster Senior Cup and Irish League Cup. Went on 15 match unbeaten run.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭racersedge

Made the plunge....

It has been a few years since I played and just keep getting an itch to go back to it. Tried scratching it with the likes of FIFA but just not the same. Just something about trying to get it right (or horribly wrong) that keeps a callin' me! I have to admit, it was the Brexit permutations that really peaked my interest to buy early. I know some people in this thread were not keen on it earlier, but I find it a fascinating crinkle to have to work around - that and the fact that it may vary on each game really will make each go about that bit different.

As someone posted before, it's going to be value for money by the time you put into it. FM is the kind of game that rarely drops on price either, particularly if you are looking to secure it from a legit enough source.

So just have to wait for her to download and then it's on to Hillsborough to get the Owl's back to the promised land.

• Advertisement

You'd really hate agents sometimes, one of my key players, I want him to re-sign and cant even talk to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Is this out on the 4th?

Edit: Just checked there didn't realise there was a pre purchase out. Happy days.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

****ing game is infuriating sometimes. Charlton season was going well, did really well in pre-season and won my first 3 games in the league, and then every single player decided to either get injured or sent off. 4 red cards in 2 matches (without get stuck in selected), with about 6 injuries, resulted in 7 losses in a row.

Started a new league with Reading (removed some leagues as my computer is struggling with the first season), great pre-season beating Feyenoord and Brugge, won my first two matches comfortably, and then a massive collapse with two red cards in the first 10 minutes of the next two matches and a 5 game losing streak. Bottom of the league, and probably getting sacked soon. Doesn't matter what i try, nothing is working for me.

Ugh! :mad:

Half my team is injured including two of my GK's and my star striker out for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭racersedge

Occasional injury here but nothing crippling (yet!).

A good start to the season with the Owls sees me in the lofty heights of a promotion place. Forestieri started like a beast with six goals. However has August went into September seems likes the goals have dried up.

Saying decent football but the final product is poor for me. Reminds me of stereotypical Arsenal! Starting to play around with the tactics to try to develop something of my own rather than relying on online ones as I might of years in past. If I can get the lads to get them in the back of the net I'll be sorted! :D

• Advertisement

Finished 4th with Watford in my second season. Beginning to roll in the cash now too!

In my second season with Limerick, won the Munster Senior Cup for second season in a row, in the League Cup final, and battling for top spot with Dundalk

• Registered Users Posts: 45,287 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I got Danilo in from madrid to Man United. Been first choice right back all season. Day before the Europa League final he says he wants to leave cause I haven't kept my promise to play him in the specific full back (defensive) role. Never mind he has become world class and had his best season ever (loads of assists and a few goals, rated massively) - no, he spits his dummy out cause I was asking him to attack more than he wanted.

Well Fcuk You buddy.

I got Danilo in from madrid to Man United. Been first choice right back all season. Day before the Europa League final he says he wants to leave cause I haven't kept my promise to play him in the specific full back (defensive) role. Never mind he has become world class and had his best season ever (loads of assists and a few goals, rated massively) - no, he spits his dummy out cause I was asking him to attack more than he wanted.

Well Fcuk You buddy.

Haha Don Cowan is the same in my game, only here a wet week and is complaining I'm not playing him in his preferred role ffs.

Had that issue with two players. Saved the game before one of the conversations and tried to see what happens for each answer. The one where you tell them to get over it as you're not selling them worked for me.

You can then play them wherever for the rest of their time at the club without them ever being unhappy with the broken promise etc.

Funny thing is, I had actually thought that I was playing them in the preferred position! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,287 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Knex. wrote: »
    Had that issue with two players. Saved the game before one of the conversations and tried to see what happens for each answer. The one where you tell them to get over it as you're not selling them worked for me.

You can then play them wherever for the rest of their time at the club without them ever being unhappy with the broken promise etc.

Funny thing is, I had actually thought that I was playing them in the preferred position! :pac:
    chelsea offered me 40million for him, i think i paid 7 so he can go. Along with Blind to 40million to PSG, Mata at 80million to Madrid and a few other sales - bringing in Renato Sanches, Fleix Passasomething from Dortmund, Douglas Costa for left back and Dybala to replace the retired Zlatan.

A lot of money passing through the United accounts this summer!

Will go for a CL win then start over with a smaller club.

De Gea
    Darmian-Smalling-Bailly-Shaw
    -Pogba-Schneiderlin-Sanches
    ---Rashford-Dybala-Martial

Johnstone
    Passalack-FosuMensah-Keane-Costa
    ---Herrera--Booerz--Cook
    --Memphis-Mkhitaryan-Januzaj

Would I could do with all that money at Limerick, if only! Going to see if I can replicate my previous glory in FM17 with Limerick winning the CL!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,066 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Think I'll get it on Friday.

Is it worth getting?

So far so good

Infinitely better than 16 so far for me anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

Easter egg if you are playing/managing a team and its 1st of nov and the 1st in game too

I'm enjoying it far more than I thought I would.

New update today folks, has made the AI defence a lot lot stronger, I've found tonight. My players look like amateurs next to them. Was doing so well too :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

A team in my game this is FM16 called Hapoel Be'er-Sheva keep buying loads of older who have had better playing days players for some reason.

In 2020 there team
    Leonardo Ulloa
    Iker Casillas
    Jonathan Biabiany
    Salomon Kalou
    Stephan Lichtsteiner
    Luca Antonelli
    Marko Marin
    Juan Carlos Paredes
    Sebastian Boenisch
    Eljero Elia

Have no idea whats going on over in Israel :O.

Managed to win the Premier Division, although it was a close run in, lost my 4th last game against Boh's, and had to face my title challengers Dundalk and St.Pats in my last three games, and Pats had a game in hand, so we had to beat them. Won 2-0 against Dundalk, and then 3-2 vs Pats, and fortunately other results went in our favour and we won our last match.

League Cup
    Munster Senior Cup
    Premier Division

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Mc Love wrote: »
    Managed to win the Premier Division, although it was a close run in, lost my 4th last game against Boh's, and had to face my title challengers Dundalk and St.Pats in my last three games, and Pats had a game in hand, so we had to beat them. Won 2-0 against Dundalk, and then 3-2 vs Pats, and fortunately other results went in our favour and we won our last match.

League Cup
    Munster Senior Cup
    Premier Division

Change of a screenshot of your squad?

Split into two, some players will leave when contract is up. But hoping to strengthen some areas

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Mc Love wrote: »
    Split into two, some players will leave when contract is up. But hoping to strengthen some areas

Rob Lehane doing well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Rob Lehane doing well

any chance of a screenie of your transfer in/out section?

• Advertisement

Rob Lehane doing well

He scored so many goals against me, I couldnt understand why Cobh werent signing him up. He's a decent player
    any chance of a screenie of your transfer in/out section?

It's all been free transfers, raiding the bargain bucket

Advertisement