Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rotterdam Marathon 10th April '16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭aero2k

On reflection I'd say at least 2 min quicker than Dublin- I ran both in 2015 in similar times but the conditions in Dublin were much more difficult - on the other hand my legs were in much better shape for DCM. The long drag up Stoneybatter last year did slow the pace noticeably - it would take a braver man than me to be giving that a lash so early in the race.

The smooth roads in Rotterdam are lovely to run on. It's a much easier race to pace than Dublin - just get up to target pace on the way down from the bridge and engage the cruise control:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭MacSwifty

Quick question is the water in bottles or cups?

Thanks

MacSwifty wrote: »
    Quick question is the water in bottles or cups?

Thanks

Cups, but not as you'd normally know them. I think there's some info on the race website. The cups have a sponge in the top with a couple of small notches so you can drink without choking or drowning yourself. It takes a couple of goes the first time you try but after that it's way better than the usual cups which I could never manage at all - to the extent that I wouldn't run a marathon which used standard cups. (But then, I'm never doing another one - right RQ?!)

aero2k wrote: »
    Cups, but not as you'd normally know them. I think there's some info on the race website. The cups have a sponge in the top with a couple of small notches so you can drink without choking or drowning yourself. It takes a couple of goes the first time you try but after that it's way better than the usual cups which I could never manage at all - to the extent that I wouldn't run a marathon which used standard cups. (But then, I'm never doing another one - right RQ?!)

Cheers for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Colly8

Sorry, this question may have been asked or addressed already but does anyone know what times the pacers start at and how long the intervals are between the pacers (i.e. every 10 minutes or every 15 minutes).
    Thanks

• Advertisement

IIRC swaps are allowed up to a certain deadline - in too much of a hurry to check now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

aero2k wrote: »
    IIRC swaps are allowed up to a certain deadline - in too much of a hurry to check now.

I found this on the website:
    The starting permit is strictly personal and cannot be transferred.

I assume that the transfer deadline has now passed and number transfers are not allowed. Unless someone can point out that this is wrong the following applies:

<mod>Any further offers or requests for number transfers will result in a ban.</mod>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Colly8 wrote: »
    Sorry, this question may have been asked or addressed already but does anyone know what times the pacers start at and how long the intervals are between the pacers (i.e. every 10 minutes or every 15 minutes).
    Thanks

3hrs to 4.30hrs last year so I'd imagine the same this year. Going on previous years threads though the pacers weren't the best. Not speaking from experience.

I found this on the website:

I assume that the transfer deadline has now passed and number transfers are not allowed. Unless someone can point out that this is wrong the following applies:

<mod>Any further offers or requests for number transfers will result in a ban.</mod>

Sorry Thomas,

I may have been imagining it from last year. They did have some pretty cool options like paying an extra €5 which allowed you to get a refund of the entry fee up to a certain date if you had to withdraw.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Yet another LSR ticked off. 31.5k picking up pace towards the end.
    Great conditions for a run in Co Wicklow this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

Yet another LSR ticked off. 31.5k picking up pace towards the end.
    Great conditions for a run in Co Wicklow this morning.

That's a good run Slogger. I dont know if you've done Rotterdam before but the surface through the park on the last (10k) is generally very very good. If you have the endurance to be there in reasonable shape you'll be able to at least hold pace. Its one race where there is a nice bonus for having the endurance side of the training in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭The Davestator

My training has been a disaster - one long run per week. 2 x 30 k so far. Just going to go over and enjoy it at this stage! Doing the Carlingford Half marathon this Saturday as a break from the long stuff for this week only.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Got the official "Confirmation of Entry" email today with the confirmation to download for collecting bib no

#F2692 its getting very real now!!! :D I'm really looking forward to this!!

My training has been a disaster - one long run per week. 2 x 30 k so far. Just going to go over and enjoy it at this stage! Doing the Carlingford Half marathon this Saturday as a break from the long stuff for this week only.

nothing disastrous with 2 x 30k runs!! Good luck in Carlingford, you racing it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Name Bib no
    Firedance F2582
    Youganne F2692
    tang1 6844

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Younganne wrote: »
    nothing disastrous with 2 x 30k runs!! Good luck in Carlingford, you racing it?

Ha! Nope - just going to go ever so slightly faster than normal!

Had gone into this with sub 3:30 in mind, but the last two years of chasing my dreams have left me broken mentally and physically! Actually enjoying running without a goal time for a change

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Firedance wrote:
    Name Bib no Firedance F2582 Youganne F2692 tang1 6844 dublin runner 10762

Happy enough so far. Paces have slowed down to MP and some 10km work. Endurance is good with a far few 20+ mile runs. Hard to know but feel pretty confident.

Bohermeen next week and a 10k tbc in late March. Other than that one or two races as sessions. If I can get myself in any way fresh for Bohermeen it should provide a good indicator of form.

Name Bib no
    firedance F2582
    youganne F2692
    tang1 6844
    dublin runner 10762

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭mbarr

Name Bib no
    firedance F2582
    youganne F2692
    tang1 6844
    dublin runner 10762
    mbarr 9650

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

MacSwifty wrote: »
    Or Unlucky!!!!

Well we got halfway there with televised match!

• Advertisement

Name Bib no
    firedance F2582
    youganne F2692
    tang1 6844
    dublin runner 10762
    mbarr 9650
    slogger jogger 2154

I'm pencilled in for Bohermeen too to see how the form is before the big day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,756 ✭✭✭corny

Name Bib no
    firedance F2582
    youganne F2692
    tang1 6844
    dublin runner 10762
    mbarr 9650
    slogger jogger 2154
    corny 9544

Someone remind me how you separate columns in the table?

tab, not spaces. copy from a previous row.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,756 ✭✭✭corny

corny wrote: »
    Name Bib no
    firedance F2582
    youganne F2692
    tang1 6844
    dublin runner 10762
    mbarr 9650
    slogger jogger 2154
    corny 9544

Thanks Slogger Jogger

Name Bib no
    firedance F2582
    youganne F2692
    tang1 6844
    dublin runner 10762
    mbarr 9650
    slogger jogger 2154

I'm pencilled in for Bohermeen too to see how the form is before the big day.

I'm doing Bohermeen @ MP

Younganne wrote: »
    I'm doing Bohermeen @ MP

ooh I'll be out cheering! must organise to hook up :) you too Slogger Jogger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Can someone stick my number on the list

Please and thanks

corny wrote: »
    Name Bib no
    firedance F2582
    youganne F2692
    tang1 6844
    dublin runner 10762
    mbarr 9650
    slogger jogger 2154
    corny 9544
    MacSwifty 6973

I hope i didn't feck it up!

Name Bib no
    firedance F2582
    youganne F2692
    tang1 6844
    dublin runner 10762
    mbarr 9650
    slogger jogger 2154
    corny 9544
    MacSwifty 6973
    thomas anderson 7610