Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rotterdam Marathon 10th April '16

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

martyboy48 wrote: »
    It couldn't be that bad now could it :D
    What has Amsterdam to offer that you can't get in Rotterdam :pac:

In general after a decent marathon effort I'm fairly wiped out, and in no form for a full on "visit a new city and see everything, now go go go" experience. A bit of a potter about for a look-around, some nice food here and there, few drinks in the evening, you know, OAP style :D:D

Is Rotterdam that boring a place where everybody is outta there straight after the marathon and heading to Amsterdam??
    If that is the general consensus, I'll take that advise with thanks.

So, what is everyone's thoughts, what have ye in mind...
    1 Pre race in Rotterdam and off to Amsterdam straight after

2 Pre race in Rotterdam, stay in Rotterdam marathon night, and then off to Amsterdam on Monday

3 Stay in Amsterdam altogether and travel to Rotterdam marathon morning, and leave straight away after

Is there a beverage consumption gathering in the planning post race at all, or is that just one or two beers straight after and we all drift away in our own direction :D:D

I'm staying in Rotterdam too & surely we can put together a night out !!! Where's the Dutch mcgrattans :)

I'm not carrying anyone home though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Firedance wrote: »
    I'm not carrying anyone home though :D

Oh that's charming, after me helping you in Longwood.........

tang1 wrote: »
    Oh that's charming, after me helping you in Longwood.........

Did you carry me ????? No - despite the begging :D

There's two Irish pubs just off the Coolsingel, O' Sheas and Paddy Murphys, we could meet in one of those after? FD can you create a link to the websites for both or Facebook pages please?

http://www.osheasrotterdam.nl/

http://www.paddymurphys.nl/

will have a look later & see if there's anything 'on' anywhere the night of the marathon, a bit of ceol maybe so martyboy can sing the fields of athenry...

O'Sheas seems to have proper food if that's of interest & Paddy Murphy's seems to have music on a Sunday night :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

In Rotterdam for the whole weekend and plan on having to be carried home I'll be getting that drunk after!!!! Which may only take two pints!! Surely with so many going from here we can all meet for few drinks after the race?

Goes without saying. Paddy Murphys was my plan. Few from tri club going, few from athletics club going and I know a couple of others going. If both pubs are near each other I could be going from one to the other :p

I was thinking of saying in Amsterdam for a few days after the race, but think I'll just come home and stick around Berlin after the marathon there in September instead. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Taken from Paddy Murphys website :pac::pac: .......
    PADDY MURPHY
    So come along and join in the Craic, but be careful... Paddy Murphy's is famous for several romances and more than it's share of weddings, so much so that our slogan is actually "Paddy Murphy's, where love stories begin....."

Not sure if I'm frightened by that, or intrigued :D:D

Ummm...on second thoughts...

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Taken from Paddy Murphys website :pac::pac: .......

Not sure if I'm frightened by that, or intrigued :D:D

I saw that too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Found Rotterdam to the be a nicer city to go out in than Amsterdam, all the clas with none of the sleaze

• Advertisement

all the class

Off to Amsterdam with you so Marty.......

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

Staying in Rotterdam Sat & Sun, Amsterdam Mon & Tues. Would deffo be up for a few pints after! Post marathon pints are the tastiest :-)

Found Rotterdam to the be a nicer city to go out in than Amsterdam, all the class with none of the sleaze

that's younganne, RQ and me sorted so, but what are the lads going to do???...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

I'm in. First week of training plan ticked off. Lovely 23k run this morning admiring the snowy hills around Aughrim Co Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭mbarr

Money just came out of the account there for Rotterdam, it's starting to feel a bit real!

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

Finding training tough going myself. The Long and easy runs are fine but finding it near impossible to hit my speed work targets whereas I had no problem for the Dublin training cycle. Think it may be because I have 5 days running on my plan versus 4 for Dublin. For Dublin I had the day before speedwork off so my legs were ready for it. Might revert back to 4 days and see how I go. Funny how mad I get when I don't hit my numbers!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭ASIMON0V

paulers06 wrote: »
    Finding training tough going myself. The Long and easy runs are fine but finding it near impossible to hit my speed work targets whereas I had no problem for the Dublin training cycle. Think it may be because I have 5 days running on my plan versus 4 for Dublin. For Dublin I had the day before speedwork off so my legs were ready for it. Might revert back to 4 days and see how I go. Funny how mad I get when I don't hit my numbers!

Just a thought but why not keep your 5 days, and reduce your immediate aspiration on target pace for your speedwork. The goal isn't to hit your paces in speedwork - its to optimise the training load....

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭MacSwifty

CONFIRMED:

Firedance
    Notwork Error +1
    thomas anderson.
    tang1
    The Davestator
    Corny
    younganne
    martyboy48
    paulers06
    snailsong
    Mr Jinx
    MacSwifty

POSSIBLES:

shels4ever
    dekbhoy
    sydneybound

I'm in now aswell!

MacSwifty wrote: »
    I'm in now aswell!

Might get the Leeds match moved to the Sunday evening and on telly if we're lucky :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

CONFIRMED:

Firedance
    Notwork Error +1
    thomas anderson.
    tang1
    The Davestator
    Corny
    younganne
    martyboy48
    paulers06
    snailsong
    Mr Jinx
    MacSwifty
    Slogger Jogger

POSSIBLES:

shels4ever
    dekbhoy
    sydneybound

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭MacSwifty

Might get the Leeds match moved to the Sunday evening and on telly if we're lucky :D

Or Unlucky!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

CONFIRMED:

Firedance
    Notwork Error +1
    thomas anderson.
    tang1
    The Davestator
    Corny
    younganne
    martyboy48
    paulers06
    snailsong
    Mr Jinx
    MacSwifty
    Slogger Jogger
    sydneybound

POSSIBLES:

shels4ever
    dekbhoy

I've been in this last while not sure why my name was still on the possibles. Anyway can't say training is going well, tweaked my back after a 20k run in December and have done more less nothing since as I've been away travelling. Anyway time to get back on the horse still a good 10 weeks of training left I suppose...

how many of the Rotterdam crew are doing Trim on Sunday?

Firedance
    Tang
    mbarr
    younganne
    Racoon Queen

anyone else? we might try to arrange a meetup in the hall afterwards if it suits.

Firedance
    Tang
    mbarr
    younganne
    Racoon Queen

anyone else? we might try to arrange a meetup in the hall afterwards if it suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭mbarr

Firedance wrote: »

Firedance
    Tang
    mbarr
    younganne
    Racoon Queen

Good plan!

I only know younganne out of all of ye so we'd have to strand ourselves together and hope for the best :D

I only know younganne out of all of ye so we'd have to strand ourselves together and hope for the best :D

And to sound like a perv, what you wearing Sunday RQ?

And to sound like a perv, what you wearing Sunday RQ?

A f*cking disguise :P

I'll be in my Donore getup. I should look for that...

should also have cake/cookies

A f*cking disguise :P

I'll be in my Donore getup. I should look for that...

should also have cake/cookies

Boards AC t-shirt and shaved head.

• Advertisement

we'll figure it out :) meet in the hall afterwards where the spread is on, tang can be the beacon in his boards shirt

Advertisement