Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rotterdam Marathon 10th April '16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

I might have to save the Boards tee-shirt to put on after as I won't be standing around in it if I've just run in it!! I'm a sweater :eek::eek:

We will find each other, we always do... with Boards!!;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Notwork Error

tang1 wrote: »
    Boards AC t-shirt and shaved head.

;):pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

so cruel :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

I see no point in trying to hold onto it, not having a comb over at only nearly 37!!!

I see no point in trying to hold onto it, not having a comb over at only nearly 37!!!

is that a hint your birthday is coming up?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Firedance wrote: »
    is that a hint your birthday is coming up?

In denial about how close he is to 40 judging by other recent posts.
    You know 37 would have you running masters in XC tang? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

GREAT spot there RQ. Tang suspiciously quiet since?

aquinn wrote: »
    GREAT spot there RQ. Tang suspiciously quiet since?

he's gone to get his hair done for Sunday :D #aerodynamics

Fair enough as I did the same on Sunday for Raheny and the short, shorts :D

That's why I stick to road running, I'm still classified as Male Senior there plus you only get dirty running XC!!!

• Advertisement

he's gone to get his hair done for Sunday :D #aerodynamics

My haircut costs me nothing, unlike ye ladies with yer easy mesh highlights and what not costing €100 plus a go.

My haircut costs me nothing, unlike ye ladies with yer easy mesh highlights and what not costing €100 plus a go.

I wish it was that price but you pay for quality and I'll look fabulous from this evening :P. Easy mesh is correct though, well spotted.

Sorry, back to racing chat.

My haircut costs me nothing, unlike ye ladies with yer easy mesh highlights and what not costing *€100 plus a go.

you are NEVER going to live down knowing this terminology, n.e.v.e.r :D:D

*€100 holy cow, mine is €7.99

you are NEVER going to live down knowing this terminology, n.e.v.e.r :D:D

*€100 holy cow, mine is €7.99

No problem admitting I'm in tune with my feminine side at all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Urban Residence looks like a great option for accommodation (now to find a shack for Friday night!).

I got it for two nights for 216 using hotelscombined.com

Great location, kitchen area etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I really hope I'm not the only one, but my training is going terribly! No excuse, just really sick of running in rain and gale force winds. It's soul destroying!

I really should book flights but the ones at decent hours are ridiculously expensive...knew I should have booked at Christmas! :(

Manchester is the same weekend, also a flat course & cheaper flights / hotel...sometimes I wonder what the hec I'm doing travelling for this! :)

Manchester is the same weekend, also a flat course & cheaper flights / hotel...sometimes I wonder what the hec I'm doing travelling for this! :)

Go to Manchester so, we'll have LOADS of fun still........

..because why the f*ck would you want to go to *spit* Manchester *spit*

• Advertisement

Go to Manchester so, we'll have LOADS of fun still........

Of course you would! wouldn't make a whit of difference to anyone if I was there or not, another benefit to Manchester is I've family in London who could be my support team.. I'm just thinking out loud really.

..because why the f*ck would you want to go to *spit* Manchester *spit*

Crikey!,what did Manchester do to you!!

Oh I see tangs post, it's English soccer related....

Crikey!,what did Manchester do to you!!

Oh I see tangs post, it's English soccer related....

He deleted it when he remember Leeds are mighty. :cool:

Have yee all booked flights?
    We've an apartment booked for 4 of us through air b'n'b - another option if any of you haven't get anything booked. Air b'n'b stuff pops up all the time, so even if something isn't there now there might be something good next week.

I've the hotel booked but not flights yet, was going to do it after the 20 miler then I figured I'd wait till Trim.....

He deleted it when he remember Leeds are mighty. :cool:

Have yee all booked flights?
    We've an apartment booked for 4 of us through air b'n'b - another option if any of you haven't get anything booked. Air b'n'b stuff pops up all the time, so even if something isn't there now there might be something good next week.

He deleted cause he knew this wasn't the place for football discussion!! Stick to the thread, charter rules!! Flying out at 1.40pm Saturday and back at 8.40pm Monday evening. Return flights for the missus and myself for €110. Staying at the citizenM hotel, just off the Coolsingel.

tang1 wrote:
    He deleted cause he knew this wasn't the place for football discussion!! Stick to the thread, charter rules!! Flying out at 1.40pm Saturday and back at 8.40pm Monday evening. Return flights for the missus and myself for €110. Staying at the citizenM hotel, just off the Coolsingel.

You so and so. Stayed there two years ago. Very very good. Jealous.

You get a tablet that operates everything, from lights to the curtains to the extensive movie collection. Perfect for the marathon runner!

The marathon route goes right by the door so a good place if you have anyone to give you drinks etc.

The metro is right outside the door. It was free on marathon day. Just make sure to get on it early as it's manic!

You so and so. Stayed there two years ago. Very very good. Jealous.

You get a tablet that operates everything, from lights to the curtains to the extensive movie collection. Perfect for the marathon runner!

The marathon route goes right by the door so a good place if you have anyone to give you drinks etc.

The metro is right outside the door. It was free on marathon day. Just make sure to get on it early as it's manic!

It was cause of your recommendation that I booked it!!

Haha. I'll get you the place of the local Italian are you are set. It was brand new when I visited. The reviews say it all. It's a place that's too kool for skool.

I choose somewhere closer to Paddy Murphys because it took me over an hour to get back that night. Should have taken us 15 minutes. Nightmare! Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

I really hope I'm not the only one, but my training is going terribly! No excuse, just really sick of running in rain and gale force winds. It's soul destroying!

I hear ya brah, i hear ya

• Advertisement

Flights booked :eek: no going back..

Advertisement