Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rotterdam Marathon 10th April '16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭mbarr

Name Bib no
    firedance F2582
    youganne F2692
    tang1 6844
    dublin runner 10762
    mbarr 9650
    slogger jogger 2154
    corny 9544
    MacSwifty 6973
    thomas anderson 7610
    martyboy48 9604

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

another long run ticked off. Bohermeen half next week. Not long to go now.

Will see how I'm fixed on the day for Bohermeen, whether to give it Half Marathon race effort or something nearer to PMP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Kinvara Half under the belt yesterday, although not the time I had hoped it was a great workout none the less. Next race is the BIG ONE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

tang1 wrote:
    Kinvara Half under the belt yesterday, although not the time I had hoped it was a great workout none the less. Next race is the BIG ONE!!

Half marathons mean very little in the run up, just a helpful mini-target. You'll nail it on the day.

Will see how I'm fixed on the day for Bohermeen, whether to give it Half Marathon race effort or something nearer to PMP

Four weeks out so race it I would say. That's my plan anyway. Just make sure to recover after and play it smart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Carlingford Half Marathon on Sat - a tough enough route with hills and lots of headwind for the last 5 miles meant it was a good training run. Did it a little faster than PMP and felt ok. Beautiful scenic run too.

2 x 20 milers for the next two weeks and wing it from there!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Bawnmore_Ent.

Just after discovering this thread today, and spent last two hours reading all 24 pages of comments, a marathon effort in itself.

I also intended running in Rotterdam if I can stay injury free etc.

Last week was my first week back to full training after being off for 3 weeks with overtraining fatigue, extremely bad timing when training for a marathon.

So the A plan is still to get to the start line.

I hope the training is going well for everyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

First 20miler for me last Sunday totalling 55 for the week. Had some pretty tough 12milers,think I might have been dehydrated.

Can't wait for this to be over. Training has been extremely hard with the weather. Can only remember 2 days that have nice over the last 3 months.

All I want is 6 pints, 2 drops and a cigar

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Rawhead

I know this is a long shot, but a friend of mine is desperatly looking for a race entry for this race. He has emailed the organisers already, but no joy.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rawhead wrote: »
    I know this is a long shot, but a friend of mine is desperatly looking for a race entry for this race. He has emailed the organisers already, but no joy.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Friend of mine looking to sell hers. Not sure what the rules are, but I'll PM you her number now and leave ya to it!

• Advertisement

Crappy 20 miler today. Nice weather but found it hard towards the end. Another next week will be better hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Crappy 20 miler today. Nice weather but found it hard towards the end. Another next week will be better hopefully

Don't worry about it, only 3 more weeks before we start to taper 😂😂

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Don't worry about it, only 3 more weeks before we start to taper 😂😂

Sure you started taper after the Donadea 50k!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,432 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Name |Bib no
    firedance| F2582
    youganne| F2692
    tang1|6844
    dublin runner| 10762
    mbarr |9650
    slogger jogger |2154
    corny |9544
    MacSwifty |6973
    thomas anderson |7610
    martyboy48 |9604

Very poor table-building skills in here. :p

Edit:oops, I see mbarr got there first. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Murph_D wrote: »
    Name |Bib no
    firedance| F2582
    youganne| F2692
    tang1|6844
    dublin runner| 10762
    mbarr |9650
    slogger jogger |2154
    corny |9544
    MacSwifty |6973
    thomas anderson |7610
    martyboy48 |9604

Very poor table-building skills in here. :p

Good man, D. I was tempted to do the same. Do we think they will be able to add in PBs and target times all on their own :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

FBOT01 wrote: »
    Good man, D. I was tempted to do the same. Do we think they will be able to add in PBs and target times all on their own :)

No bostonian s allowed in here, you wanna run it for us too?? (Please!!)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

My new plan is to bank time over the first 16 - 18 miles and then crawl home :cool::cool:

Sub 1:25 for me today in Bohermeen. Decided to go faster than MP and it worked out. Happy with result and lessons learned for big day.

Sub 1:25 for me today in Bohermeen. Decided to go faster than MP and it worked out. Happy with result and lessons learned for big day.

Nice going. Sub 3 on the cards?

Nice going. Sub 3 on the cards?

That is the ambition. Everything is pointing towards that, its just the doing of it :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

Fun fact from the marathon Wikipedia page...

“ The 2007 event was stopped after the three and a half hours because of extreme weather conditions; the KNMI meteorological institute described conditions as "unseasonal" and race day was the warmest ever recorded in the city for the month of April, with temperatures reaching a high of 34 °C ”

Heat is my kryptonite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

paulers06 wrote: »
    Fun fact from the marathon Wikipedia page...

“ The 2007 event was stopped after the three and a half hours because of extreme weather conditions; the KNMI meteorological institute described conditions as "unseasonal" and race day was the warmest ever recorded in the city for the month of April, with temperatures reaching a high of 34 °C ”

Heat is my kryptonite.

yup, me too :( we can't control the weather though so no point stressing about it!! If that happens my plan will be to jog around and enjoy it although if they close the course after 3 hours.......!

The heat was getting to me last Saturday as it was approaching double figures:eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

The heat was getting to me last Saturday as it was approaching double figures:eek:

I found Sunday very warm and humid...though I had breakfast before my 'long' (long, ha!) run and I wouldn't normally do that so that could have been part of the problem. :)

Yeah, it can get warm. Best to prepare for it (and hope it doesn't happen!). Diet, sodium and electrolyte intake, clothing should all be prepared inadvance. Best to be prepared! There's usually a cool breeze so that does help.

It's hard coming from cold Ireland to even 18 degree weather. All you can do is be smart and prepare accordingly. Ye can't change the weather! No point worrying about it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Number transfers are not permitted.

Read the forum charters.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,756 ✭✭✭corny

Have to say I've taken my eye off the prize recently. Started a new job and have a sick family member on my mind. Really hate when real life gets in the way of running:-)

Last long LSR for me this morning. Coach said 35k but I was happy to get 33 done. Last 1/3 done at MP and where I live its a task to find that stretch where its relatively flat to make that pace. Not easy but got the job done. Glad thats over. A confidence builder for sure. Hope you are all ticking that last LSR box this weekend okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

Last 20 miler for me this morning. Did about 15k on a bog trail and loved it. 10k race next week then taper.

• Advertisement

20 miles for me this morning along the Royal Canal, Thomastown Harbour to Mullingar and back. Last two miles @MP and felt good. Should be on the wind down from here on in, the hard work is done, it's all down to what the day gives us now.

Advertisement