Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rotterdam Marathon 10th April '16

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Firedance wrote: »
    have just watched last years video on their website, is it too early to be nervous! :pac:

I think I'm 5% nerves and 95% excitement.

Currently doing fun stuff like sourcing new runners (asics nimbus 17) and planning a half marathon and 20 mile race beforehand. Also I have to plan out my life as the six nations is on in the lead up so need to factor in long runs on Saturday mornings when I normally play golf. Life as I know it will slightly change for a few months but hopefully it will be worth it.

You can't beat going overseas to a new place you've never been before to do a marathon, its what I've done for my three marathons so far.

Roll on April! eek!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

I think I'm 5% nerves and 95% excitement.

Currently doing fun stuff like sourcing new runners (asics nimbus 17) and planning a half marathon and 20 mile race beforehand. Also I have to plan out my life as the six nations is on in the lead up so need to factor in long runs on Saturday mornings when I normally play golf. Life as I know it will slightly change for a few months but hopefully it will be worth it.

You can't beat going overseas to a new place you've never been before to do a marathon, its what I've done for my three marathons so far.

Roll on April! eek!

I'm probably 50/50 nerves/excitement :) I did the Milan Marathon relay before but didn't have to worry about bringing gels, eating breakfast etc etc as my part was only 8 miles. Good to know you recommend it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Officially in....

The second I entered I thought to myself "What have you done that for" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

CONFIRMED:

Firedance
    Notwork Error +1
    thomas anderson.
    tang1
    The Davestator
    Corny
    younganne
    martyboy48
    paulers06
    snailsong

POSSIBLES:

shels4ever
    dekbhoy
    Mr Jinx
    sydneybound

I'm in!
    Now just to figure out how to get there, where to stay, can we get someone to take the kids so Mrs snailsong can come etc.

But I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭mbarr

CONFIRMED:

Firedance
    Notwork Error +1
    thomas anderson.
    tang1
    The Davestator
    Corny
    younganne
    martyboy48
    paulers06
    snailsong
    mbarr

POSSIBLES:

shels4ever
    dekbhoy
    Mr Jinx
    sydneybound

I'm in :) rather excited!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

CONFIRMED:

Firedance
    Notwork Error +1
    thomas anderson.
    tang1
    The Davestator
    Corny
    younganne
    martyboy48
    paulers06
    snailsong
    mbarr
    Sydneybound

POSSIBLES:

shels4ever
    dekbhoy
    Mr Jinx

Just updating the list to take my username off the possibles list. Now to hopefully stay injury free till April!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

Just updating the list to take my username off the possibles list. Now to hopefully stay injury free till April!

Hear, hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jahaco

CONFIRMED:

Firedance
    Notwork Error +1
    thomas anderson.
    tang1
    The Davestator
    Corny
    younganne
    martyboy48
    paulers06
    snailsong
    mbarr
    Sydneybound
    jahaco

POSSIBLES:

shels4ever
    dekbhoy
    Mr Jinx

I'm in too. The organisers did follow up by email to verify pen C and let me in despite not being sub-3...yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Notwork Error

What did you say to them jahaco?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭mbarr

Flights and accommodation booked! Staying in a hostel, hope I get the bottom bunk!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭irfrm

Trying to complete my entry today, what's the story with post code? Have tried leaving it blank but still getting an error. Any help appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

irfrm wrote: »
    Trying to complete my entry today, what's the story with post code? Have tried leaving it blank but still getting an error. Any help appreciated

I put in N/A when I entered and it worked for me.

Tried that still getting the same error :(

Tried that still getting the same error :(

It was few months back when I entered and used N/A so they mustnot be accepting it anymore. Don't know what others used.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

irfrm wrote:

0000 did the trick for me I think

Ended up using the Eircode which surprisingly worked, so happy days I'm in😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

As an extra slice of motivation I received my Berlin Marathon cert today.

Stoopid Berlin.......

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jahaco

What did you say to them jahaco?

I sent in evidence of 2 recent marathons where I'd hit 3:07 and also a half marathon result which was 1:26, hoping to demonstrate that on paper I ought to be capable. They took pity on me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

starting to get excited about this!! 10m run today instilled some confidence in me. felt good and strong and its been a while since I did any distance!! Long may it continue!!

Would love to put a few faces to the names before Rotterdam, let me know of any meet ups for runs although i'm slower that most of you. Think the aim will be to get as close as possible to current PB of 3.57, the dream would be to better it!!;)

I run during the week in Phoenix Park and at weekends in Meath but can and will travel for running company:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Younganne wrote: »
    starting to get excited about this!! 10m run today instilled some confidence in me. felt good and strong and its been a while since I did any distance!! Long may it continue!!

Would love to put a few faces to the names before Rotterdam, let me know of any meet ups for runs although i'm slower that most of you. Think the aim will be to get as close as possible to current PB of 3.57, the dream would be to better it!!;)

I run during the week in Phoenix Park and at weekends in Meath but can and will travel for running company:D

well you're not slower than me :) definitely should organise a PP weekend meet up maybe some day if your doing easy miles & I'm doing some @ mp. It'll be April 10 before we know it!!!

• Advertisement

Firedance wrote: »
    It'll be April 10 before we know it!!!

14 weeks today if my maths is correct.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

tang1 wrote: »
    14 weeks today if my maths is correct.

WTF? It was 18 weeks, like, a week ago? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,420 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Ended up using the Eircode which surprisingly worked, so happy days I'm in😀

At last, a use for the eircode!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Mr Jinx

CONFIRMED:

Firedance
    Notwork Error +1
    thomas anderson.
    tang1
    The Davestator
    Corny
    younganne
    martyboy48
    paulers06
    snailsong
    Mr Jinx

POSSIBLES:

shels4ever
    dekbhoy
    sydneybound

I'm in now aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Mr Jinx wrote: »
    CONFIRMED:

Firedance
    Notwork Error +1
    thomas anderson.
    tang1
    The Davestator
    Corny
    younganne
    martyboy48
    paulers06
    snailsong
    Mr Jinx

POSSIBLES:

shels4ever
    dekbhoy
    sydneybound

I'm in now aswell!

Anyone here from *ahem Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

No turning back now - flights booked!!:D
    Ryanair flights x 2 going early afternoon Friday, Back Monday evening - €117 Equivalent Aer Lingus flights €265!! madness

Hoping to book flights and hotel this weekend and get all that out of the way. Was considering adding a couple of days in Amsterdam, but now just thinking of a few days in Rotterdam itself. Still not 100% sure how long though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭The Davestator

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Hoping to book flights and hotel this weekend and get all that out of the way. Was considering adding a couple of days in Amsterdam, but now just thinking of a few days in Rotterdam itself. Still not 100% sure how long though :)

I've never been but Rotterdam looks like the most boring place on Earth! As soon as I'm finished the marathon - off to Amsterdam with me:)

I've never been but Rotterdam looks like the most boring place on Earth! As soon as I'm finished the marathon - off to Amsterdam with me:)

It couldn't be that bad now could it :D
    What has Amsterdam to offer that you can't get in Rotterdam :pac:

In general after a decent marathon effort I'm fairly wiped out, and in no form for a full on "visit a new city and see everything, now go go go" experience. A bit of a potter about for a look-around, some nice food here and there, few drinks in the evening, you know, OAP style :D:D

Is Rotterdam that boring a place where everybody is outta there straight after the marathon and heading to Amsterdam??
    If that is the general consensus, I'll take that advise with thanks.

So, what is everyone's thoughts, what have ye in mind...
    1 Pre race in Rotterdam and off to Amsterdam straight after

2 Pre race in Rotterdam, stay in Rotterdam marathon night, and then off to Amsterdam on Monday

3 Stay in Amsterdam altogether and travel to Rotterdam marathon morning, and leave straight away after

Is there a beverage consumption gathering in the planning post race at all, or is that just one or two beers straight after and we all drift away in our own direction :D:D

• Advertisement

In Rotterdam for the whole weekend and plan on having to be carried home I'll be getting that drunk after!!!! Which may only take two pints!! Surely with so many going from here we can all meet for few drinks after the race?

Advertisement