Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rotterdam Marathon 10th April '16

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

No longer accepting a blank for postal code. It's like a sign that I should not enter. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,471 ✭✭✭✭28064212

No longer accepting a blank for postal code. It's like a sign that I should not enter. :)
    It'll accept Eircodes

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and dark mode). Now available through the extension stores

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

No it doesn't....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,471 ✭✭✭✭28064212

No it doesn't....
    All caps, no spaces? Just tried a couple of different ones, all worked. Are you sure the error message (in red at the top) is about the postcode? It also weirdly requires a housenumber in the address field

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and dark mode). Now available through the extension stores

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

Yes. I can read. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Eircode worked for me.... Didn't finalise it yet though :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Payment take from me yesterday.

Something to kick off the new year to :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Yeah I'm going to sign up but can't seem to put in my payment details. Maybe as its a sterling account (currently living in England) and they request euro details, I've emailed them to ask.

Looking forward to getting back into it, will need to be realistic about my aims. Flights and accommodation all booked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

CONFIRMED:

Firedance
    Notwork Error
    thomas anderson.
    tang1
    The Davestator
    Corny
    younganne
    martyboy48

POSSIBLES:

menoscemo
    shels4ever
    dekbhoy
    Mr Jinx
    paulers06
    sydneybound

just updating the confirmed list to include martyboy :) anyone else made the decision?? 17 weeks next week..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

CONFIRMED:

Firedance
    Notwork Error
    thomas anderson.
    tang1
    The Davestator
    Corny
    younganne
    martyboy48

POSSIBLES:

menoscemo
    shels4ever
    dekbhoy
    Mr Jinx
    paulers06
    sydneybound
    snailsong

Just adding snailsong to the possibles list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

CONFIRMED:

Firedance
    Notwork Error
    thomas anderson.
    tang1
    The Davestator
    Corny
    younganne
    martyboy48
    paulers06

POSSIBLES:

menoscemo
    shels4ever
    dekbhoy
    Mr Jinx
    sydneybound
    snailsong

Just upgrading me to the confirmed list

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

Got an email to say they already have over 10,000 entries.

Not sure what they cap the entry at but the folks sitting on the fence i wouldn't wait too long.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Notwork Error

CONFIRMED:

Firedance
    Notwork Error +1
    thomas anderson.
    tang1
    The Davestator
    Corny
    younganne
    martyboy48
    paulers06

POSSIBLES:

menoscemo
    shels4ever
    dekbhoy
    Mr Jinx
    sydneybound
    snailsong

Might as well add this as it's another for a boozeup, one of the lads is in as well. Now, to introduce him to a load of people who know about eachother but I've never met, know what they look like or even know their names. "Well, This is 28064212 and Menoscemo". Even talking in real life using boards handles to other boardsies weirds me out a little, can't imagine what it will be like for him!:pac:

corny wrote: »
    Got an email to say they already have over 10,000 entries.

Not sure what they cap the entry at but the folks sitting on the fence i wouldn't wait too long.;)

Cheers for that, haven't entered yet but must get around to it tomorrow.

CONFIRMED:

Firedance
    Notwork Error +1
    thomas anderson.
    tang1
    The Davestator
    Corny
    younganne
    martyboy48
    paulers06

POSSIBLES:

menoscemo
    shels4ever
    dekbhoy
    Mr Jinx
    sydneybound
    snailsong

Might as well add this as it's another for a boozeup, one of the lads is in as well. Now, to introduce him to a load of people who know about eachother but I've never met, know what they look like or even know their names. "Well, This is 28064212 and Menoscemo". Even talking in real life using boards handles to other boardsies weirds me out a little, can't imagine what it will be like for him!:pac:

Note to self call Notwork Error Notwork Error all weekend in Rotterdam!!!

CONFIRMED:

kudos to you if you can pronounce that :D:D are you doing the Kinvara half NE? the timing is perfect for Rotterdam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

CONFIRMED:

Firedance
    Notwork Error +1
    thomas anderson.
    tang1
    The Davestator
    Corny
    younganne
    martyboy48
    paulers06

POSSIBLES:

shels4ever
    dekbhoy
    Mr Jinx
    sydneybound
    snailsong

Sorry guys, but I've decided I won't be doing a Spring Marathon this year :( Gonna concentrate on shorter stuff for the first 6 months anyway and see how it goes.

menoscemo wrote: »

Sorry guys, but I've decided I won't be doing a Spring Marathon this year :( Gonna concentrate on shorter stuff for the first 6 months anyway and see how it goes.

:( that's a shame

Firedance wrote: »
    :( that's a shame

+1 to that, best of luck with concentrating on the shorter stuff meno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Thanks guys, I just don't really have the fire in the belly for the big winter long runs at the moment and the old hip probably wouldn't let me anyway. I'm just not in the shape I need to be now to be giving sub 3 a crack in 4 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Cheers for that, haven't entered yet but must get around to it tomorrow.

Same as..... Better get my skates on :)

What's the capacity? http://www.nnmarathonrotterdam.org/report-2015/race-report/ says 40,000 ran between all the races last year?
    I think it's about 16000 for the marathon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Glad to say I'm officially in.

Not done a marathon in over a year so feeling up for the challenge. Did 20k on Sunday trying to get back into it and felt ok-ish, did another 10k tonight. Might do another 20k on the weekend too. Can't say I'll follow any plan just try to run 3-4 times a week at different distances and speeds with one 20k plus run on the weekend and listen to the body in between if I need a break.

Hoping for sub 3:15, but really fair too early to talk about times. I felt in previous marathons a lack of LSD runs of around 20 - 22 miles let me down, hope to improve on this area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

I felt in previous marathons a lack of LSD runs of around 20 - 22 miles let me down, hope to improve on this area.

At least you'll be able to envisage a fast marathon on these runs even if it's not reality :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

menoscemo wrote: »
    Sorry guys, but I've decided I won't be doing a Spring Marathon this year
    :( Gonna concentrate on shorter stuff for the first 6 months anyway and see how it goes.

Pity you've already run one so :D
    What about 2016? :pac:

yaboya1 wrote: »
    At least you'll be able to envisage a fast marathon on these runs even if it's not reality :D
    yaboya1 wrote: »
    Pity you've already run one so :D
    What about 2016? :pac:

someone took their multivitamins this morning :pac:

Firedance wrote: »
    kudos to you if you can pronounce that :D:D are you doing the Kinvara half NE? the timing is perfect for Rotterdam.

May-no-shay-mo;)

Haven't made up my mind yet, It's either going to be Kinvara or Tralee I'd say. Depends on which weekend suits me best.

What's the capacity? http://www.nnmarathonrotterdam.org/report-2015/race-report/ says 40,000 ran between all the races last year?
    I think it's about 16000 for the marathon?

I think they cap the full at 12,000 RQ, open to correction on that one.

have just watched last years video on their website, is it too early to be nervous! :pac:

• Advertisement

Done and dusted, I'm in. I picked pen C and just put in 2:54:59 so hopefully they just won't notice and let me in there without proof.

Advertisement