Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 11 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,152 ✭✭✭Invincible

km79 wrote: »
    2 FT and I've myself completely confused now
    begovic Elliot
    bellerin darmian nyom francis targett
    Sanchez yaya mata payet mahrez
    vardy ighalo pelle
    5.5 ml in the bank and wont be tranferring any of the 3 strikers this week
    so suggestion greatly appreciated

Begovic or Targett out.
    Southampton defender in.
    Looking at your team again, no KDB, Mata or Yaya out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Had planned on banking but I'll wait until tomorrow to hear if Costa is fit or not first. That being said, I might just switch him for Bony anyway, Pool look a good bit more solid under Klopp already and Chelsea aren't exactly lighting it up.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Finally got around to getting Gomez out, with Alderweireld coming in. Had a mare with injuries and underperformers recently, Aguero Memphis and Coutinho all making way in the last couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Igahlo out Bony in, -4, benching Mahrez.

Likely silly transfer but need to make ground on a League that ends at Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,184 ✭✭✭✭km79

Invincible wrote: »
    Begovic or Targett out.
    Southampton defender in.
    Looking at your team again, no KDB, Mata or Yaya out?

pretty much exactly what I'm thinking!
    begovic out was initail plan but I think I'm going to go something like this now
    francis out van djik in
    and then the killer choice
    kdb in but for which one of the 2.........I've stuck so long with yaya at this stage id be annoyed if he put up a big score BUT united have a lovely run and i could end bringing mata back in which would be a waste of a transfer and loss of money too as I bougt him at 8.5 I think ..........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Bony or Kane?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

After pretty much being set on bringing Moreno in all week, I'm now considering Phil Jones :pac:. Who wants to talk me out of it? I'm aware of all the injuries but I'd be ok risking that for those fixtures

What do you think of DDG instead of Myhill?
    Good looking D that needs a WBA downgrade for a while is probably what your thinking.
    But I would be looking at the 4.5m ish and lower bracket long term.
    Moreno ahead of Jones for me but would wait unless his price is going up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

km79 wrote: »
    2 FT and I've myself completely confused now
    begovic Elliot
    bellerin darmian nyom francis targett
    Sanchez yaya mata payet mahrez
    vardy ighalo pelle
    5.5 ml in the bank and wont be tranferring any of the 3 strikers this week
    so suggestion greatly appreciated

One defensive transfer and carry over the other FT.
    Bertie VVD coleman sagna moreno or maybe even simpson (lei)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

ElTel wrote: »
    What do you think of DDG instead of Myhill?
    Good looking D that needs a WBA downgrade for a while is probably what your thinking.
    But I would be looking at the 4.5m ish and lower bracket long term.
    Moreno ahead of Jones for me but would wait unless his price is going up.

DDG and Smalling are the best routes, but I have Howard+Myhill so am all set on keepers. We'll see, I may risk Jones just because of his next three fixtures and then go back to Moreno GW14

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I might get smalling next week I think it will be at least 4 gws before I get aguero and will move from a strong front 8 to get him in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Looking at:

Begovic (McCarthy)
    Kolorov, Van Dijk, Dawson (Martin, Francis)
    Sanchez, KDB, Mahrez, Payet (Westwood)
    Pelle, Vardy, Ighalo

Have 1 FT and a boatload of cash but am happy enough with my starting XI so might hold it.

Long term I have to sort my keepers and this weeks subs, but not sure a transfer is warranted this week. Any views?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Just done STaylor > Simpson. Thinking Wanyama > Payet and holding onto Martial for this week to see how he does. Can transfer him out for Ighalo which will then give me funds for Aguero in the next few weeks..all looks good on paper :D

Myhill/McCarthy
    Bertrand/Bellerin/Martin/Simpson/Souare
    KDB/Sanchez/Payet/Ayew/Mahrez
    Pelle/Martial/Vardy

• Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Can't see why people would be getting Bony in now. He will be going soon. Before Bournemouth was the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

CSF wrote: »
    Can't see why people would be getting Bony in now. He will be going soon. Before Bournemouth was the time.

2 plum fixtures in NOR and villa.

Kun MAY be back for the 2 home games after the break but even so he may be eased back into the team again for fear of another injury.
    Iheanacho had a good game last night but people are getting carried away with that a bit.

Boney will play most of the next 4 games IMO.
    I think its not a bad move. Particularly as Martial is going to drop tonight for 2nd time this week and that is the most popular move for Boney.

lougal88 wrote: »

Kun MAY be back for the 2 home games after the break but even so he may be eased back into the team again for fear of another injury.
    Iheanacho had a good game last night but people are getting carried away with that a bit.

I think its not a bad move. Particularly as Martial is going to drop tonight for 2nd time this week and that is the most popular move for Boney.

I don't know if 2 plum fixtures is a great reason to commit to 2 mandatory transfers, especially when the most plum fixture of all for him came 2 GWs ago. Doesn't seem like the greatest planning in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

But Pelle and Lukaku have equally plum fixtures. And they are first choice players, so there'll be no need to transfer them out in the next 4 weeks (form or injuries aside).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

I don't fancy Lukaku that much personally and I already have Pelle. Regardless of who I get in I'll be transferring them out for Aguero pretty instantaneously when he becomes available. I think City are best team at putting teams to the sword, Norwich have the worst defence and just don't rate Everton that highly. I wouldn't be making the transfer to Bony if I didn't think that he'd do a lot better than Lukaku, which I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

It wasn't good planning on my part. I went for Pelle two weeks ago. Should have gone Bony.

I'm carrying a spare transfer and am happy with most of my team:

Myhill/Hennessy
    Bellerin Kolarov Bertrand Nyom Souare
    Sanchez KDB Mahrez Payet Wanyama
    Martial Pelle Vardy

Wanyama, Martial and Pelle are the only players I would consider transferring this week. Martial is the one to go and I've gone to Bony because I think he could get a great score against Norwich.

Pelle gets another week because he has Bournemouth. I couldn't bring myself to have both him and Lukaku together in my team!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Bony in for Sturridge. Have Kolarov, KDB, & Bony for City coverage this weekend which I'm happy about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Is there much point in keeping Ben Davies since it seems he lost his place against Rose? I want to shuffle my defence and get rid of Williams and Davies but will only transfer one this week. Spurs are playing Villa at home so it would be a treat if Davies did somehow manage to get into the starting XI. Williams hasn't been sharp at all recently and Swansea don't look like they'll be bagging a CS soon.

I think I might do Williams to a So'ton defender possibly this week and next week Davies to Moreno. Sounds like a plan, as long as everyone else stay constant!

Edit: I just realised that West Brom have a horrible run and I have Myhill and McCarthy in goals. That needs fixing as well! Unless I plow through and pray for Pulisball!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Is there much point in keeping Ben Davies since it seems he lost his place against Rose? I want to shuffle my defence and get rid of Williams and Davies but will only transfer one this week. Spurs are playing Villa at home so it would be a treat if Davies did somehow manage to get into the starting XI. Williams hasn't been sharp at all recently and Swansea don't look like they'll be bagging a CS soon.

I think I might do Williams to a So'ton defender possibly this week and next week Davies to Moreno. Sounds like a plan, as long as everyone else stay constant!

Edit: I just realised that West Brom have a horrible run and I have Myhill and McCarthy in goals. That needs fixing as well! Unless I plow through and pray for Pulisball!

I'd plough through. Myhill could still pick up save points like he has done in the past.

I have him and won't be transferring him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Pulis has over 50 % clean sheets at wba over a 30 game period. He kept clean sheets against Liverpool utd and chelsea toward's the end of last season. I wouldn't be in a hurry to get rid maybe if you had transfers to spare.

I don't know if 2 plum fixtures is a great reason to commit to 2 mandatory transfers, especially when the most plum fixture of all for him came 2 GWs ago. Doesn't seem like the greatest planning in the world.

It's a fair argument I got him a weeks ago myself. Just trying to weigh it up.
    I still believe that he is gonna play a lot of minutes over the next 3-5 gwks. Kun will not be rushed back.

I can definitely see the logic in getting him in for Martial as he is dropping fast and oop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Have 2 free transfers and thinking of martial and zouma out & lukaku and Coleman in..

But Pelle and Lukaku have equally plum fixtures. And they are first choice players, so there'll be no need to transfer them out in the next 4 weeks (form or injuries aside).

This is true. My own personal opinion on it is that City have that extra attacking threat and are FAR more likely to hit teams for 4,5,6 goals.

It's a fair argument I got him a weeks ago myself. Just trying to weigh it up.
    I still believe that he is gonna play a lot of minutes over the next 3-5 gwks. Kun will not be rushed back.

I can definitely see the logic in getting him in for Martial as he is dropping fast and oop.

Don't get me wrong, I have Bony. But I wouldn't be getting him in now unless I had a really good squad in need of no other surgery, which isn't a likely scenario for most of the people who didn't see them badly needing Bony 2 weeks ago when Aguero was first injured.

Of course there are exceptions to every rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Gary Gurny

Am i mad captaining lukaku this weekend??

I have a feeling this weekend could either be absolutley unreal for points maybe even a few 100 plus scores ..or just a plain 40/50 score .. captaincy choice is going to be vital this week as there is quiet a few players that stand out . Torn between Lukaku, KDB and Mane.. Would defintley be captaining Bony if I owned him but two transfers already made .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'm thinking maybe Mata -> Eriksen

I may roll over my 2nd transfer as I'm willing to give Davies another week to see if he plays. I'm happy for Moreno to sub in if not.

Gary Gurny wrote: »
    Am i mad captaining lukaku this weekend??

I have a feeling this weekend could either be absolutley unreal for points maybe even a few 100 plus scores ..or just a plain 40/50 score .. captaincy choice is going to be vital this week as there is quiet a few players that stand out . Torn between Lukaku, KDB and Mane.. Would defintley be captaining Bony if I owned him but two transfers already made .

On paper he has great potential but he has a horrible habit of screwing it all up when you would most expect him to succeed, followed by 2 goals away to Southampton or something mad like that.

People often have these 'different' captain choices and it's amazing when they work out, but more often than not you'll find that the people who go with the most popular captain choice more often than not end up doing better.

Personally I think Kane is the captain to have this week, but given most of us won't want him in our teams going forward I think it's between Bony, KDB and Pelle as the sensible choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

BUIB or Bony for Martial? Thinking Bony as he got 16 points vs Bournemouth and Norwich conceded 6 vs Newcastle in their last away game.

Advertisement