Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 11 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Have 2 FT and amn't too sure how to use them.

Myhill- Hennesey

Kol bellerin Evans souare Francis

Mahrez kdb Sanchez payet wanyama

Pelle bony vardy

5.3m in the bank. Francis out will probably be one of my transfers. Can anyone see something I'm missing. Any opinions on what I should do?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »

Myhill- Hennesey

Pelle bony vardy

5.3m in the bank. Francis out will probably be one of my transfers. Can anyone see something I'm missing. Any opinions on what I should do?

You could upgrade Wanyama to a strong front 8, but yup Francis out is likely my transfer this week and I'm rolling my other one over.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Myhill- Hennesey

Pelle bony vardy

Id do francis to smalling or alderwerield and play him over evans or francis to moreno and play evans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Just did Martial out Bony in ahead of the former dropping tonight.

Still another free transfer. But team looks solid so might bank it again.

Think I'll captain KDB or Bony. On Kevin currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Just did Martial out Bony in ahead of the former dropping tonight.

Still another free transfer. But team looks solid so might bank it again.

Think I'll captain KDB or Bony. On Kevin currently.

not sure if you can carry the ft over to another week if you dont use it this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

not sure if you can carry the ft over to another week if you dont use it this week

he can

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Final transfer. Martial > Bony. Going to bring in Payet next week for Wanyama.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'd plough through. Myhill could still pick up save points like he has done in the past.

I have him and won't be transferring him out.
    Pulis has over 50 % clean sheets at wba over a 30 game period. He kept clean sheets against Liverpool utd and chelsea toward's the end of last season. I wouldn't be in a hurry to get rid maybe if you had transfers to spare.

Thanks guys! Yeah I think Pulis will only raise his game in terms of defence against tougher opposition. The Arsenal match would be very hard to fight through however!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Kompany or Sagna?

Id do francis to smalling or alderwerield and play him over evans or francis to moreno and play evans.

I think I'll do the first one. Don't want to go double wba this week.

• Advertisement

You could upgrade Wanyama to a strong front 8, but yup Francis out is likely my transfer this week and I'm rolling my other one over.

I don't think I could handle a strong front 8:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Got BUIB in for Martial, might captain him.

Myhill- Hennesey

Pelle bony vardy

Decided to do Francis to alder. Will roll the other one over unless something major comes up.

lougal88 wrote: »
    Kompany or Sagna?

I have the same option and depending on the extent of Zabaleta's injury it'll be Sagna for me. I know Kompany may have more scoring potential but I think he is more injury prone so Sagna might be less of a transfer headache in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I think I'm going to get Lukaku. Not expecting him to run riot this week but his form and stats are decent given they've played last season's top 8 in their first 10 games. He will deliver points over the next 8 or 9 games and can be left alone in the 'never bench, never captain" role.

Really torn now between Eriksen and Sterling. Eriksen much more reliable but something drawing me to Sterling for the next 2 weeks. Part of that something is a fear of only having one City attacker v Norwich.

But if i go for Lukaku and Sterling to add to my BUIB I'll have to change the name of my team to Flakey FC

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Anyone considering Jones instead of Smallibg for the saving? Or is he too injury prone??

Apologies if its the wrong thread guys but does anybody have the press conference times for today?

Hoping to get word on Zabaleta before making my Naughton-> Kompany/Sagna transfer.

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    Anyone considering Jones instead of Smallibg for the saving? Or is he too injury prone??

There are definitely a few considering this and Jones/Smalling seem to be LVG's favorite pairing. If I'm not mistaken he actually said this in preseason but Jones has been injured. Should hopefully stay fit for the nice run.

I would make this move but have made VVD and a City def my priority due to Utds amount of away games.

He is very injury prone and I'd be fearful of blind or rojo playing alongside smalling as lvg says he likes a left and right footer at cb

• Registered Users Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Bar Smalling, any Man United defender is too risky IMO with injuries/rotation.

LVG could change it up at anytime, look at Darmian subbed twice after 45mins.

Better value elsewhere with Everton & Southampton having very favourable fixtures coming up.

• Advertisement

Coleman a MAJOR doubt for weekend due to a stomach bug which has caused him to lose a lot of weight!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,046 ✭✭✭✭CSF

km79 wrote: »
    Coleman a MAJOR doubt for weekend due to a stomach bug which has caused him to lose a lot of weight!

People will have brought him in this week for sure.

Apologies if its the wrong thread guys but does anybody have the press conference times for today?

Hoping to get word on Zabaleta before making my Naughton-> Kompany/Sagna transfer.
    Times are on the sky sports app city is 1245.

There are definitely a few considering this and Jones/Smalling seem to be LVG's favorite pairing. If I'm not mistaken he actually said this in preseason but Jones has been injured. Should hopefully stay fit for the nice run.

I would make this move but have made VVD and a City def my priority due to Utds amount of away games.
    He paired Jones and blind for every game in pre season it was shaping up to be smalling on the bench until Jones got injured just before the season started. Smalling through his performances has made himself undroppable now though.

CSF wrote: »
    People will have brought him in this week for sure.

early transfers this week were not a good idea alright glad I held off

• Registered Users Posts: 33,046 ✭✭✭✭CSF

km79 wrote: »
    early transfers this week were not a good idea alright glad I held off

I try to hold off whenever possible. It's worth a few points over the course of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Valencia out so Darmain will play 90 this week , well worth holding off selling him this week IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

I have two FTs and 3.5 ITB (Aguero return fund). I can't see any obvious changes and want to make one so I don't lose a transfer. First on my list out is Martial but I'm willing to give him another week to see if LVG playing him centrally. Any other options?
    Myhill, (Hennessey)
    Kolorov, Evans, Cedric, (Souare, Francis)
    KDB, Payet, Mahrez, Sanchez, (Wanyama)
    Martial, Pelle, Vardy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

John83 wrote: »
    I have two FTs and 3.5 ITB (Aguero return fund). I can't see any obvious changes and want to make one so I don't lose a transfer. First on my list out is Martial but I'm willing to give him another week to see if LVG playing him centrally. Any other options?
    Myhill, (Hennessey)
    Kolorov, Evans, Cedric, (Souare, Francis)
    KDB, Payet, Mahrez, Sanchez, (Wanyama)
    Martial, Pelle, Vardy

Hold tough I would think. Don't worry about the transfer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

CSF wrote: »
    I try to hold off whenever possible. It's worth a few points over the course of the season.

Second half of the season I always think so. First half not so sure as building team value is a priority for me then.

Advertisement