Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 11 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

John83 wrote: »
    I have two FTs and 3.5 ITB (Aguero return fund). I can't see any obvious changes and want to make one so I don't lose a transfer. First on my list out is Martial but I'm willing to give him another week to see if LVG playing him centrally. Any other options?
    Myhill, (Hennessey)
    Kolorov, Evans, Cedric, (Souare, Francis)
    KDB, Payet, Mahrez, Sanchez, (Wanyama)
    Martial, Pelle, Vardy
    Francis out
    if you want to raise a bit of cash get Simpson of leic in but he may not hold his place for the season
    maybe nyom of Watford ? they are very solid
    or you could risk Sunderland getting more resilient under big Sam
    I would certainly take this opportunity to get rid of Francis anyway
    I know I am !

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

When's Clichy back? I might need to reconsider Kolarov soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

I've just noticed that I have Vardy and Mahrez going up against Myhill and Evans.

They're all just going to cancel each other out, aren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I have two FTs and 3.5 ITB (Aguero return fund). I can't see any obvious changes and want to make one so I don't lose a transfer. First on my list out is Martial but I'm willing to give him another week to see if LVG playing him centrally. Any other options?
    Myhill, (Hennessey)
    Martial, Pelle, Vardy

Francis to Simpson would be my move. Big Sam factor means Billy Jones could be a cheap option too but if Simpson keeps his place I think having a playing 3.9 defender to warm the bench and play in emergencies is quite valuable elsewhere.

Probably going to do Sterling to KDB later. If Sterling is announced fit I'll have a tougher choice to make & will either bank it or move Francis on to someone cheaper (already have Simpson). Willing to give Mata & Martial another chance but if Martial is on the wing again then I'll likely be selling both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

I've just noticed that I have Vardy and Mahrez going up against Myhill and Evans.

I haev the same problem. I'm dropping mahrez to the bench

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Myhill, (Hennessey)
    Martial, Pelle, Vardy

Maybe Francis to Simpson, he's played last 3 games and is only 3.9m. Would free up some extra funds

• Registered Users Posts: 33,046 ✭✭✭✭CSF

jpboard1 wrote: »
    Second half of the season I always think so. First half not so sure as building team value is a priority for me then.

Id do it where I'm likely looking at a .2 or a .3 swing or a situation where I wouldn't be able to make my desired transfers if I don't do them before the changes.

Not so inclined to do them early in the week just to get that .1 rise that I may never even translate into .1 real resell value.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Fant11

Just looking for some advice re possible Lukaku transfer. Have already made one so will cost me minus 4. Have Ighalo and Mahrez starting, would need to drop one. Hold off till next week?

Fant11 wrote: »
    Just looking for some advice re possible Lukaku transfer. Have already made one so will cost me minus 4. Have Ighalo and Mahrez starting, would need to drop one. Hold off till next week?

Who would you be transferring out? Post needs more detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

CSF wrote: »
    Who would you be transferring out? Post needs more detail.

Indeed it does, going on what we have I'm not so sure it's worth a -4 this week, personally I'd go with Ighalo or Mahrez +4, both have decent fixtures next week as well, better than Lukaku's anyway.
    I'm not as firm a believer in Pulis as others, I can see Leicester scoring a couple. Ighalo is in great form and home to West Ham could be fruitful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Fant11

Indeed it does, going on what we have I'm not so sure it's worth a -4 this week, personally I'd go with Ighalo or Mahrez +4, both have decent fixtures next week as well, better than Lukaku's anyway.
    I'm not as firm a believer in Pulis as others, I can see Leicester scoring a couple. Ighalo is in great form and home to West Ham could be fruitful

Be getting rid of Gomis. Been waiting to get rid of him for a while now. Pelle the other striker.

Be getting rid of Gomis. Been waiting to get rid of him for a while now. Pelle the other striker.

I'd be inclined to make that transfer unless you have 4 great midfielders to go with your Mahrez.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

7a8ea98ff666eb177ba68da608c4a677.png

Your defence is in heavy need of surgery even ignoring the doubtful flags

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

I've gone Martin -> Bellerin. Was in two minds about whether to make a transfer at all but Arsenal's fixtures from here to Christmas look too juicy.

Leaves me with a defence of -

Bellerin (swa), Moreno (che), Nyom (WHU), Dawson (LEI) and Bertrand (BOU).

Bellerin and Berty have to play, and at the moment I'm shunning Pulisball at home to Leicester and going for Nyom home to the Hammers instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Ok lads I've gone Whittaker >>>> Alderweireld & Costa >>>> Kane

Team line up looks like....

Myhill

Kol, Alder, Clyne (Morgan, Richards)

Mahrez, KDB, Sanchez, Payet (Sinclair)

Pelle, Kane, Vardy

I've used my 2 FT's, my concern is that I have two Leicester players up against Pulisball, basically does anyone think it's worth taking a -4 to upgrade Sinclair to Mane and then benching Mahrez. This will in turn create major headaches going forward of who to bench, I think that's the main stumbling block at this point for me, thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Ok lads I've gone Whittaker >>>> Alderweireld & Costa >>>> Kane

Team line up looks like....

Myhill

Kol, Alder, Clyne (Morgan, Richards)

Mahrez, KDB, Sanchez, Payet (Sinclair)

Pelle, Kane, Vardy

I've used my 2 FT's, my concern is that I have two Leicester players up against Pulisball, basically does anyone think it's worth taking a -4 to upgrade Sinclair to Mane and then benching Mahrez. This will in turn create major headaches going forward of who to bench, I think that's the main stumbling block at this point for me, thoughts?

Unless you want to have a strong front 8 for a while I wouldn't, and I've got the same two playing against WBA. I can see Leicester causing them a few problems, to the extent that I'm playing Nyom instead of Dawson at the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Francis to Moreno done after my flirtation with Jones. Keeps my team structure more in check and gives me multiple downgrade options for Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

Bony and Lukaku in, Costa and Ighalo out for -4. Mightnt be worth the -4 but didn't want to end up picking the wrong choice between Bony/Lukaku!! Pelle is my other striker so could end up with 6 or 30 from those three!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

De Gea, Myhill

Francis, Nyom, Kolarov, Van Dijk, Bellerin

Sanchez, Hoolahan, De Bruyne, Payet, Mahrez

Vardy, Ighalo, Pelle

1 FT & 4.9m ITB

Thoughts on a transfer? I have a few ideas but would like to hear other opinions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Dempsey wrote: »
    De Gea, Myhill

Vardy, Ighalo, Pelle

1 FT & 4.9m ITB

Thoughts on a transfer? I have a few ideas but would like to hear other opinions

I'd contemplate holding. We probably have 9 of the same starting XI (Begovic for DeGea and Dawson for Bellerin) and I'm thinking of rolling the FT over.

I am happy with my forwards and don't want BUIB and Lukaku (too much flake). Getting a strong 5th mid means dropping Ighalo and complicates the Aguero re-acquisition.

I need to sort my subs but not sure I want to transfer in a player I won't use this GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

What about changing Hennessey in case you haven't considered the GK position?

Benimar wrote: »
    I'd contemplate holding. We probably have 9 of the same starting XI (Begovic for DeGea and Dawson for Bellerin) and I'm thinking of rolling the FT over.

I am happy with my forwards and don't want BUIB and Lukaku (too much flake). Getting a strong 5th mid means dropping Ighalo and complicates the Aguero re-acquisition.

I need to sort my subs but not sure I want to transfer in a player I won't use this GW.

I'm happy to wait until the January wildcard for Aguero tbh because he wont be firing on all cyclinders when he returns so spending the cash is not an issue but I'm not spending it for the sake of it.

I'd be looking to sell Hoolahan for a cheaper midfielder rather than get a strong 5th! Ighalo is holding his own and I dont see why his points would dry up because Watford are doing quite well.

I was about to bank my transfer last week but I flogged Richards for Van Dijk (last minute u-turn on Alderweireld :o) I hope it will be the better decision over the next few weeks.

When you see Spurs vs Aston Villa and ManC v Norwich, you feel that they will be routs but I'm not convinced about Kane yet. I was pining for Costa last week and look how that turned out!!

I have 2 ManC players already and I'm reluctant to get in another unless there is a convincing argument to do so

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Still can't decide on whether to bring in Mane for Sinclair. Would mean benching Mahrez as part of a strong front 8.
    Head is wrecked. Will probably mull over it til midnight and do it then. Mane looked so sharp last week.

Somebody convince me it's a poor decision.

lougal88 wrote: »
    Still can't decide on whether to bring in Mane for Sinclair. Would mean benching Mahrez as part of a strong front 8.
    Head is wrecked. Will probably mull over it til midnight and do it then. Mane looked so sharp last week.

Somebody convince me it's a poor decision.

I feel you broseph!

Posted about the exact same predicament earlier, do you have to take a hit to make the transfer?

I feel you broseph!

Posted about the exact same predicament earlier, do you have to take a hit to make the transfer?

Yeah it would be a -4 but could easily more than pay for itself with a rampant Mane.

Can't possibly imagine Leicester away to W Brom outscoring Soton home to Bournemouth.
    Pulisball possible cleanie vs a shocking Bournemouth def.

What did you decide?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Dempsey wrote: »
    De Gea, Myhill

Vardy, Ighalo, Pelle

1 FT & 4.9m ITB

Hoolahan to wijnaldum or mane

Hoolahan to wijnaldum or mane

I rather not have the headache of a strong front 8, who do I drop?

lougal88 wrote: »
    Yeah it would be a -4 but could easily more than pay for itself with a rampant Mane.

Can't possibly imagine Leicester away to W Brom outscoring Soton home to Bournemouth.
    Pulisball possible cleanie vs a shocking Bournemouth def.

What did you decide?

I haven't decided yet!

• Advertisement

I haven't decided yet!

Let me know lol.
    My head is melted with this decision.

Might abandon altogether and bring in VVD

Advertisement