Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 11 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Colking wrote: »
    Thanks, I hadn't been considering him tbh but with Southamptons fixtures he's a definite possibility

My full team atm is :

Begovic McCarthy
    Bertrand Dawson Francis Coleman Bellerín
    Drinkwater Payet Mahrez De Bruyne Sánchez
    Pellè Vardy Costa

Going with Stekelenburg will give me 3 Southampton (not a huge digfficulty for me as I'll probably move BUIB along after their nice run finishes)

Before the Jagielka injury I was looking at Howard as a possibility also but the Everton fans seem to have great confidence that Funes Mori will come in and fill his shoes very well.

Good solid team!

Even with the Everton fans confidence I wouldn't be doubling up on their defence. They haven't looked that solid, granted they've had a very tough run. But for me Jags out of that team will have the same effect as a Kompany-less City. Coleman though will get attacking points no doubt.

If you want a cheaper alternative Panti might become an option under Big Sam. But that's a bit of a gamble. Stekelenburg a safer pair of hands.

Only downside to the double Saints def is BUIB and no Mane.
    I also have BUIB and I am feeling trigger happy on him. He didn't get that nickname for being consistent...

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

lloris and van djik
    or
    stekenlberg and kolarov?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Is it madness bringing in Galloway for 1/2 matches? You'd imagine Baines come straight back into the team, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

km79 wrote: »
    lloris and van djik
    or
    stekenlberg and kolarov?

Or stekelenberg coleman ?

I really like the look of Van Dijk and if I hadn't pulled the trigger on Bertrand I'd definitely be putting him in.

Or stekelenberg coleman ?

that was the plan before jagielka injury now I'm really not sure on it
    van djik is a MASSIVE goal threat from corners which is why I'm leaning towards him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭steve_r

Who would people chop first from this list?:

• Fabianski
    • Azp
    • Martial
    None are delivering points and there's better options available. Martial will probably drop first so I've a slight preference for him, however on the flip side I think the replacements at DK/ DEF are much more reliable than the ones at striker level (Bar Vardy and Ighalo who seem to always deliver).

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Is it madness bringing in Galloway for 1/2 matches? You'd imagine Baines come straight back into the team, yeah?

Unless you have a FT to burn I wouldn't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

steve_r wrote: »
    Who would people chop first from this list?:

• Fabianski
    • Azp
    • Martial
    None are delivering points and there's better options available. Martial will probably drop first so I've a slight preference for him, however on the flip side I think the replacements at DK/ DEF are much more reliable than the ones at striker level (Bar Vardy and Ighalo who seem to always deliver).

Considering you can likely do without Fabianski and Azpi on your XI and have them on the bench, I'd pick Martial. As long as you have a decent second GK and three decent defenders, it won't be too damaging having both of those in your team. You can also keep Azpi until another week just in case Chelsea's form returns.

My defence is in quite a mess atm. My front 8 is really strong, but I have this defence:

Myhill, McCarthy
    Williams, Davies, McAuley, Bellerin and Souare

The only one that I'd want to start is Bellerin. The rest have tough fixtures or aren't starting anymore. Thinking of getting rid of Davies and going AOA and avoid a (-4).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Front 8 of:
    Mane, Sanchez, KDB, Payet, Mahrez
    Vardy, Igahlo, Costa

Somebody in for Costa seems the obvious one but can't settle Bony, Lukaku or Kane. Probably have them in that order at present.

As for who to bench, edging towards Igahlo as his home form is fairly poor (1 goal vs 4 goals & 2 assists). But playing 2 attackers against Pulisball is a risky move too.

Any thoughts folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,665 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Need to clear up my defence this week, have Cedric, Darmian, Sagna, Zouma and Gomez. Darmian, Zouma and Sagna are likely to be getting rotated and Gomez is injured. Thinking of getting in Dier and an other for -4, any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Need to clear up my defence this week, have Cedric, Darmian, Sagna, Zouma and Gomez. Darmian, Zouma and Sagna are likely to be getting rotated and Gomez is injured. Thinking of getting in Dier and an other for -4, any suggestions?

I'd prefer Alderweireld to Dier. Bellerin and Van Dijk are probably the best expensive ones, Moreno is good value at 4.7m, or a Watford defender

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Jaggo

I am in the same boat: two guys I am looking at are Ward (Cpl - 4.4) and Moreno (Liv - 4.7).
    But in both cases their fixtures get much better after GW 13.

I have:
    Bellerin;
    Zouma; (Moreno???)
    Zabaleta; (Ward)
    Evans;
    Tagertt. (Simpson 3.9million Leicester City player)

I'd prefer Alderweireld to Dier. Bellerin and Van Dijk are probably the best expensive ones, Moreno is good value at 4.7m, or a Watford defender

Yeah looking at next 5 fixture Watford could keep a few clean sheets so will prob go Nyom/Cathcart for Gomez and then I might go Darmian->Bellerin in a couple of weeks

PARlance wrote: »
    Front 8 of:
    Mane, Sanchez, KDB, Payet, Mahrez
    Vardy, Igahlo, Costa

Somebody in for Costa seems the obvious one but can't settle Bony, Lukaku or Kane. Probably have them in that order at present.

As for who to bench, edging towards Igahlo as his home form is fairly poor (1 goal vs 4 goals & 2 assists). But playing 2 attackers against Pulisball is a risky move too.

Any thoughts folks?

I'm going to go with Lukaku. Everton have great fixtures and while Tottenham have decent enough fixtures I'm just not convinced by Kane after 1 good showing so far this year. That could be harsh of me but "one swallow does not ...."

I'm going to go with Lukaku. Everton have great fixtures and while Tottenham have decent enough fixtures I'm just not convinced by Kane after 1 good showing so far this year. That could be harsh of me but "one swallow does not ...."

Spurs have a heavy run coming up as well with Europa league fixtures so can see them hitting their usual "europa league hangover" slum over the next month/6 weeks

lougal88 wrote: »
    Need to get rid of Naughton. He has been a complete FPL troll tbh.

Ideal replacement?
    Already have Bellerin. I'm thinking either City or Saints def cover as I don't have any.
    Bear in mind I did Kol->Bellerin early last week thinking Kol was out injured.

Anybody got some advice?
    Kompany maybe? If he keeps his place...

Anybody got some advice?

You'd have to think that Kompany is safe they're just noticeably better with him in the side.

Having said that 6.3 is a lot to pay for him.

Van Dijk, Coleman, are looking tempting with nice runs. Alderweireld has a nice run too.

If you want to take a bit of a punt (some rotation risk here) Jones for Man U could be decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Yeah looking at next 5 fixture Watford could keep a few clean sheets so will prob go Nyom/Cathcart for Gomez and then I might go Darmian->Bellerin in a couple of weeks

I think Nyom is a safer option than Cathcart. Flores dropped Prodl for Britos in their last match. He said he did it to create competition and that he now has three centre backs fighting for two places.
    Anybody got some advice?

Kompany is a good choice if you can afford him. He should be a certain starter every week and City look better defensively with him.

Kolarov looks like he has two tasty fixtures coming up but I can see why you would be reluctant to re-sign him as he could be a rotation risk later on.

As people have pointed out, Southampton have a potentionally good run coming up so Bertrand or Van Dijk are good options too.

Didn't see the Bournemouth vs Spurs highlights. Were they that bad at the back to warrant bringing in Mane for a -4?

Are people expecting another rout?
    I already have BUIB so might be a waste of points...

might be silly to ask but whats BUIB?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

might be silly to ask but whats BUIB?
    its a description for pelle big useless italian b

• Registered Users Posts: 33,046 ✭✭✭✭CSF

We may need a BUIB sticky ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Looks like I made my second drunk transfer of the week last night. Richards out, van dijk in

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Lemlin wrote: »
    My team:

Myhill/Hennessy
    Kolarov Bellerin Bertrand (Nyom, Souare)
    Sanchez De Bruyne Payet Mahrez (Wanyama)
    Martial Vardy Pelle

I have two FTs. Martial will be one. I really can't pick a second. My defenders have decent fixtures so I'm dropping my thoughts of going AOA.

So I could go Martial to Bony, Lukaku or Kane?

I think I'll go Martial to Bony. I don't think I can bring myself to have Lukaku and Pelle in my team. Too much inconsistency for my liking.

Will roll over the banked transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Lemlin wrote: »
    I think I'll go Martial to Bony. I don't think I can bring myself to have Lukaku and Pelle in my team. Too much inconsistency for my liking.

Will roll over the banked transfer.

Bony is hardly the model of consistency!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Didn't see the Bournemouth vs Spurs highlights. Were they that bad at the back to warrant bringing in Mane for a -4?

Are people expecting another rout?
    Spurs game was 90% the keeper's fault. I'd say he'll be dropped and they'll be okay.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Spurs game was 90% the keeper's fault. I'd say he'll be dropped and they'll be okay.

the sub keeper played the game before as boruc was injured
    had a nightmare and conceded 5.......

Rikand wrote: »
    Looks like I made my second drunk transfer of the week last night. Richards out, van dijk in

Drunk you might be a better player than sober you.

Shedite27 wrote: »

Hold off on Mane then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

lougal88 wrote:
    Hold off on Mane then?

For a -4 was it? If so, then no. If its a FT then it makes more sense as they have a couple of favourable fixtures coming up...

Advertisement