Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 11 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Dempsey wrote: »
    Bony is hardly the model of consistency!

I agree but he hasn't burned me in the past like the other terrible twosome.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I think ppl are mad to consider getting rid of Pelle. If you have endured him for the last two blanks then now more than ever you should keep him and get the rewards. Most of his points come in the home games.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

For a -4 was it? If so, then no. If its a FT then it makes more sense as they have a couple of favourable fixtures coming up...

Would be a -4 yeah. Might wait now as Mahrez scored tonight.
    He would have been benched as part of a strong front 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

lougal88 wrote: »
    My other option is take a -4 and get a City/Saints def in for long term.
    Thinking Kompany/VVD.

If I do that though I have a headache of who to drop from front 8.
    Mahrez is jumping out at me due to the Tinkerman.

What about a defensive transfer only?

ElTel wrote: »
    What about a defensive transfer only?

This might be the best option now given that Mahrez scored tonight, I cant really drop him or anybody else in a strong front 7.

I just hope BUIB gets all of Saints attacking points and Mane blanks.

• Advertisement

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Think il move Martin this week and Bring in Van Dijk! 3 Southampton players might be over kill but Van Dijk has goals in him.. serious threat on set pieces

I'm waiting for Vardy to blow up .. Giroud could be an option! plenty of my players with home fixtures this week so might go with the defender move

Looks like you have a very good starting 11 this week.
    Would you consider banking the transfer for the chance to use 2 FTs the following GW? A bit boring I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Reckon Big Sam will troll all the new Lukaku owners by rocking up and keeping a clean sheet. Will go for Bony I think and may take a hit for a defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Colking wrote: »
    I'm going to go with Lukaku. Everton have great fixtures and while Tottenham have decent enough fixtures I'm just not convinced by Kane after 1 good showing so far this year. That could be harsh of me but "one swallow does not ...."

Ya Kane is def 3rd choice, Lukaku just worries me a tiny bit. Not much between himself and Bony, another few days to mull it over.

lougal88 wrote: »
    Anybody got some advice?
    Kompany maybe? If he keeps his place...

If he's fit then there's no fear of him losing his place. He has played 6 and City have kept a CS in all 6 of them. He missed 4 games, they conceded in all 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

iroced wrote: »
    Is Azpi to Kolarov as part of a -4 (other move will be Martial to Bony or Lukaku) a crazy transfer?

Azpi was a WC gamble that only worked last GW. He's using too much cash for a player I'm now not that happy to play every week (unlike Kolarov for example). Have Bellerin & Bertie and plan to get Moreno in at some point. So defence is OK overall.

On one hand I'm afraid of a Kolarov 15 pointer this week-end. On the other hand Chelsea have great fixtures (though their form is dire).
    Anyone?

Basically my problem is keep or sell Azpi?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Anyone?

Wouldn't do Kolarov for a -4 personally unless Pellegrini actually gives a timeline on Clichy. I heard he had ankle surgery, but no one knows when he's back

Anyone?

At 30% ownership and given the big point haul potential. It's a fairly big gamble not having him imo.

Anyone?

He's a hold imo.
    Certainly not worth a hit.(who will be your def. starters this week?)
    Some nice fixtures coming up too.
    Many teams will have spent some of their extra budget on defence and given themselves a tougher route back to a team with Aguerro in it.
    Some cheap defenders are now getting a look in (Simpson ay Lei. Ward now 4.4 etc)
    So hold 'till after GW13 (at least this week) and then downgrade if you're still of same opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

PARlance wrote: »
    Ya Kane is def 3rd choice, Lukaku just worries me a tiny bit. Not much between himself and Bony, another few days to mull it over.

The only thing keeping me away from Bony a bit is the chance that when Aguero comes back there will be a transition period where you will not be sure whether Bony or Kun will play. I know that might be only for 1-2 games but it's just something staying my hand.

Anyone?

Azpilcueta looks safe enough from a price drop for the moment. I had a few clean sheets with Kolarov and shipped him out when he had that slight injury for Coleman.

If I'm going to have that much money tied up in a defender I want to be certain he's first choice. Kolarov while capable of fantastic returns is a rotation risk imo. For that reason I've been reluctant to bring him back in.

However I don't want any Chelsea players in my side now and am actively looking to replace Begovic.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

So many reliant on Lukaku this gw, not looking forward to the inevitable letdown on Sunday.

Either way he says for 4/5 gameweek so gotta be strong when he does fail.

PARlance wrote: »
    If he's fit then there's no fear of him losing his place. He has played 6 and City have kept a CS in all 6 of them. He missed 4 games, they conceded in all 4.

He is invaluable to their clean sheet potential.
    Is that whole fiasco with Pellegrini put to bed now?
    Do you reckon Mangala/Otamendi will be rotated to accommodate a fit Kompany?

If so he's a no brainer for me, even at 6.3m.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Have 2 FT but going to wait until Friday to use them. I may even just make one FT and bank the other. It's hard not to lump on City for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Thinking Martial > Ighalo and Ayew > Payet. Crazy having 2 <6.5m strikers starting! Had Ayew since the start as well...tough leaving him go but price drops :( also, would it be worth a -4 to bring in Simpson for STaylor?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

I have 2 transfers this week so thinking of carrying over one of them .2m short of Westwood - Mane, no Southampton(except Targett) is worrying and have a bit of dead weight in the team, tempted to do to McCarthy/Westwood to Myhill/Barkley , or just Westwood to Barkley and bank. I have 3.2m in the bank.
    Team is
    Cech/McCarthy
    Alder, Kol, Bell, Naughton and Targett,
    Sanchez, Mahrez, KDB, Payet and Westwood,
    Kane, Ayoze, Martial
    Any advice would help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Martial to Vardy? Then you can upgrade Targett to Bertrand/Van Dijk or Westwood to Mane although I'd prefer Ozil myself.

Edit: Just seen you have three Arsenal players already so ignore the Ozil comment.

patmac wrote: »
    I have 2 transfers this week so thinking of carrying over one of them .2m short of Westwood - Mane, no Southampton(except Targett) is worrying and have a bit of dead weight in the team, tempted to do to McCarthy/Westwood to Myhill/Barkley , or just Westwood to Barkley and bank. I have 3.2m in the bank.
    Team is
    Cech/McCarthy
    Alder, Kol, Bell, Naughton and Targett,
    Sanchez, Mahrez, KDB, Payet and Westwood,
    Kane, Ayoze, Martial
    Any advice would help.

You covered it yourself. A current lack of Southampton and Everton is worrying. Some people are postulating that Rooney will probably drop back into the hole-midfield pulling Martial back over from the wing into a central striking role. If that were to happen I 'd be very happy to stick with him. Trying to guess which way LVG is going to go though is a bit like trying to guess which way one individual frog in a box of them will jump !

I have liked the look of Deulofeu the last few games for Everton if you want a cheaper way into their attacking points for 6.2 but I can't see you going with a 3-5-2 when you have good striking options.

I'd monitor Martial for one more week and if he doesn't do anything I'd swap him to Lukaku.

Your defence could do with a change alright. If you changed Targett to Simpson from Leicester for 3.9 you could afford Westwood to Mane.

Problem with that is you're making life difficult for yourself when Aguero is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

I need to shift Zabaleta (don't ask) and Gomez this GW. Have 2 FT.

Options are:
    a) Kolarov and Bellerin
    b) Kolarov and Coleman
    c) Bellerin and Coleman
    d) Kolarov/Bellerin/Coleman and Moreno (would give me money to spend elsewhere)!

Any help greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I need to shift Zabaleta (don't ask) and Gomez this GW. Have 2 FT.

Options are:
    a) Kolarov and Bellerin
    b) Kolarov and Coleman
    c) Bellerin and Coleman
    d) Kolarov/Bellerin/Coleman and Moreno (would give me money to spend elsewhere)!

Any help greatly appreciated.

I would go Bellerin and Moreno

Okay, I have a bit of a dilemma.

Current team is: Guzan/Butland

Evans/Kolarov/Smalling/Bellerin/Zouma

Sanchez/De Bruyne/Payet/Mahrez/Ozil

Vardy/Ighalo/Mbokani

1.5 in the bank and 1 FT this week.

I like my team. My next two changes will probably be Zouma to Bertrand this week and Mbokani to Gomis/Berahino/Sahko next week.

However, I've never had Aguero and I'm nowhere near affording him at the moment. I've worked it out and I can basically have this team within 6 transfers.

Hennessey/Butland

Hangeland/Jones/Simpson/Bellerin/Nyom

Vardy/Ighalo/Aguero

That leaves me with .1 in the bank so it's dependent on price changes which is quite risky.

Guzan is dropping and Hennessey is rising so it's forcing me to do the GK transfer first, which I don't want.

So, madness to go for it?

Aenaes wrote: »
    Okay, I have a bit of a dilemma.

Current team is: Guzan/Butland

Evans/Kolarov/Smalling/Bellerin/Zouma

Vardy/Ighalo/Mbokani

1.5 in the bank and 1 FT this week.

I like my team. My next two changes will probably be Zouma to Bertrand this week and Mbokani to Gomis/Berahino/Sahko next week.

However, I've never had Aguero and I'm nowhere near affording him at the moment. I've worked it out and I can basically have this team within 6 transfers.

Hennessey/Butland

Hangeland/Jones/Simpson/Bellerin/Nyom

Vardy/Ighalo/Aguero

That leaves me with .1 in the bank so it's dependent on price changes which is quite risky.

Guzan is dropping and Hennessey is rising so it's forcing me to do the GK transfer first, which I don't want.

I think to get Kun back you should consider going to a 3-4-3 with a really cheap 5th mid so with that in mind your first moves should be to downgrade 2 defends to free up cash. The last moves should be the GKs positions.

Yeah, that's probably easier as I can do it in 4 moves. Dropping one of that midfield (probably Ozil) is going to be heartbreaking though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I wouldnt bother getting Aguero back for several weeks after he is taken out of the cotton wool, he's notorious for being slow to get match sharpness without setbacks and niggles

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Watching United playing against Middlesborough, I'm reverting back to my "philosophy" of no United players in my team, with the exception of defenders. Not a single shot on target in 30 minutes. They just don't create enough to warrant the price tag for any of their attacking options. Depressing to watch too!

• Advertisement

Aenaes wrote: »

I wouldn't be too confident that Hennessy will continue to start.

Advertisement