Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 11 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Dempsey wrote: »
    I rather not have the headache of a strong front 8, who do I drop?

You have a strong team so if you don't want a strong front 8 I wouldn't make a transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

guys will we know if costa is out before 1145 tomorrow??

redarmy wrote: »
    guys will we know if costa is out before 1145 tomorrow??

There might be word about whether he gets off the team bus

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I think I'll get Pelle in for Costa and bank the .1 I've made. It'll be for a -4.

3rd transfer of the week for a -4 walcott to mane. Gives me costa, martin, walcott out bellerin , lukaku , mane in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Already used my FT but now contemplating Costa and Ayew to Mané and Lukaku for -8. Afraid of what Mané could do to Bournemouth. Thoughts? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm happy to wait until the January wildcard for Aguero tbh because he wont be firing on all cyclinders when he returns so spending the cash is not an issue but I'm not spending it for the sake of it.
    Yeah definitely think this is the way to go. Auger will be eased back in, and is always liable to be rotated/rested over Christmas.

Also, teams look a lot better without him

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

hogey143 wrote: »
    Bar Smalling, any Man United defender is too risky IMO with injuries/rotation.

LVG could change it up at anytime, look at Darmian subbed twice after 45mins.

Better value elsewhere with Everton & Southampton having very favourable fixtures coming up.

Thanks all for the Jones feedback. I am near certain I heard/read last weekend that Jones/Smalling was LVGs preferred CB pairing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Myhill

Bellerin Vertonghen Kolarov

Mane (c) KDB Sanchez Payet

Pelle Lukaku Ighalo

Subs: Prodl Westy Martin

Thinking;
    do I bench Payet and play Prodl (Home to West Ham)
    do I transfer Martin to Van Dijk and drop Bellerin to bench (away to Swansea)
    do I transfer Westy to Lamela/Barkley and bench Ighalo
    do I bring in Sagna for Martin and drop Bellerin to bench

So confused!!! Might just stick
    Then again might just do a transfer and play my AOA chip

Think Spurs, Soton, City and Everton will run riot!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

CSF wrote: »
    Your defence is in heavy need of surgery even ignoring the doubtful flags

Muniesa red flagged now so reckon i'll be upgrading him...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I'll be starting Bellerin & Payet.

Payet is fixture proof and Swansea are no great shakes, why would you doubt Bellerin away to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Yeah definitely think this is the way to go. Auger will be eased back in, and is always liable to be rotated/rested over Christmas.

Also, teams look a lot better without him

Personally I think it's madness to wait that long. The fact that the other best performing strikers are all cheap (Vardy, Pelle, Igahlo, Lukaku are the others that rank in the top 5 alongside Aguero) mean that the vast majority have the spare cash to get him back in easily.

By all accounts he's likely to return against Liverpool. Give him a few games to get up to speed - they've Champions League a few days later, Southampton at home in the Premier League then and Capital One Cup the following week so more than enough opportunity (4 games) for him to get back on track fitness wise. His next games then between the start of December and January are sto, SWA, ars, SUN, lei and wat. You'd be a very brave man to go without captaining him (never mind not owning him) for all of those games with the exception of Arsenal away IMO. Then his next two games in mid-January are EVE and PAL.

No team ever looks better without Aguero than those with him in IMO, especially this year when so many of the better performing players are in that budget to mid price range.

Paully D wrote: »
    Personally I think it's madness to wait that long. The fact that the other best performing strikers are all cheap (Vardy, Pelle, Igahlo, Lukaku are the others that rank in the top 5 alongside Aguero) mean that the vast majority have the spare cash to get him back in easily.

By all accounts he's likely to return against Liverpool. Give him a few games to get up to speed - they've Champions League a few days later, Southampton at home in the Premier League then and Capital One Cup the following week so more than enough opportunity (4 games) for him to get back on track fitness wise. His next games then between the start of December and January are sto, SWA, ars, SUN, lei and wat. You'd be a very brave man to go without captaining him (never mind not owning him) for all of those games with the exception of Arsenal away IMO. Then his next two games in mid-January are EVE and PAL.

No team ever looks better without Aguero than those with him in IMO, especially this year when so many of the better performing players are in that budget to mid price range.

How is it madness when the best players this season never had Aguero and barring 1 week which only cancelled out all the failed captaincies, he was not worth having.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I'll be starting Bellerin & Payet.

Payet is fixture proof and Swansea are no great shakes, why would you doubt Bellerin away to them?

Watford are strong defensively at home and sod's law West Ham are due a bad game (as they are a midtable team :P)

Swansea always seem to score home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

How is it madness when the best players this season never had Aguero and barring 1 week which only cancelled out all the failed captaincies, he was not worth having.

In one week he made back all the losses. This was after a really really bad start to the season for him. I can't see him having as bad a spell again. when he returns. He is as close to a must have as any player since suarez or ronaldo

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Watford are strong defensively at home and sod's law West Ham are due a bad game (as they are a midtable team :P)

Swansea always seem to score home

Two confident teams but I dont see Watford keeping WHU scoreless and Payet is at the heart of everything they do. They said Vardy was due a blank last week aswell...

Swansea wont keep a cleansheet against Arsenal. I didnt bring Bellerin in for his clean sheets tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

My Kolarov to Zabaleta (-4) transfer two weeks ago turned out to be an unmitigated disaster. Not really sure what move to make next, my defence is:

Bellerin - Cawson - Martin - Zabaleta - Gomez

1.1 ITB and under consideration are Smalling, Kompany, Alderweireld, Dier, Bertrand, VVD, Simpson, Moreno.

jpboard1 wrote: »
    In one week he made back all the losses. This was after a really really bad start to the season for him. I can't see him having as bad a spell again. when he returns. He is as close to a must have as any player since suarez or ronaldo

Yea, when he is when fully fit and not an injury in sight. Neither of those were as injury prone as Aguero and Aguero usually goes through a good few niggles when returning from injury which limits his gametime and points. He wont be playing 2 games a week over xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Right just decided to go Sinclair -> Mane.
    Front 8 is:
    mane mahrez sanchez kdb payet
    Vardy pelle boney

Do I go AoA or bench Mahrez?

Defs are Sagna-Bellerin (Evans)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Did Bertrand in for Williams. All out Attack chip played! Think it is the best time to use it because I'll have a strong front 8 while Aguero is injured.
    lougal88 wrote: »
    Right just decided to go Sinclair -> Mane.
    Front 8 is:
    mane mahrez sanchez kdb payet
    Vardy pelle boney

Do I go AoA or bench Mahrez?

Defs are Sagna-Bellerin (Evans)

I have McAuley and decided to use the chip and bench him and have Mahrez in my XI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Went with Lukaku for Costa in the end, risky but worth the risk imo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Brought steklenburg in for myhill. Keep two transfers for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

have used my 2 FT
    didn't bring in van djik as part of them despite planning on getting him in all week
    darmian to van djik for -4 is crazy right ?

Did Bertrand in for Williams. All out Attack chip played! Think it is the best time to use it because I'll have a strong front 8 while Aguero is injured.

I have McAuley and decided to use the chip and bench him and have Mahrez in my XI.

Great so I'm not the only one using it on a single GW :)

It's a good week to do it for me. Ill bring in a premium defender next week.

If pulisball keep a cleanie I'll be devastated.

km79 wrote: »
    have used my 2 FT
    didn't bring in van djik as part of them despite planning on getting him in all week
    darmian to van djik for -4 is crazy right ?

Who'd you bring in?

It's not crazy but maybe slightly needless. Utd have decent fixtures also and Valencia is injured.

Who'd you bring in?

It's not crazy but maybe slightly needless. Utd have decent fixtures also and Valencia is injured.

Francis to kolarov
    yaya to kdb
    both were blockers to a certain extent
    united have nice fixtures alright BUT darmian is certain to miss one through suspension and if I do this transfer ill bring in DDG for begovic next week
    I don't know if I can justify a -4 though
    van djik is so dangerous from set pieces though

Francis to kolarov
    yaya to kdb
    both were blockers to a certain extent
    united have nice fixtures alright BUT darmian is certain to miss one through suspension and if I do this transfer ill bring in DDG for begovic next week
    I don't know if I can justify a -4 though
    van djik is so dangerous from set pieces though

Yeah never considered the suspension tightrope.

Thing is if VVD keeps a clean sheet then the -4 is covered as FHFC pioneers :P

Here's a thought, may make no difference but Bournemouth have not blanked since GW2.
    Maybe wait til next week?

Yeah never considered the suspension tightrope.

Thing is if VVD keeps a clean sheet then the -4 is covered as FHFC pioneers :P

Here's a thought, may make no difference but Bournemouth have not blanked since GW2.
    Maybe wait til next week?

indeed that was one of the 2 factors that ended up with me going kolarov
    the other being everyone around me had a city defender and most had kolarov !

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    My Kolarov to Zabaleta (-4) transfer two weeks ago turned out to be an unmitigated disaster. Not really sure what move to make next, my defence is:

Bellerin - Cawson - Martin - Zabaleta - Gomez

1.1 ITB and under consideration are Smalling, Kompany, Alderweireld, Dier, Bertrand, VVD, Simpson, Moreno.

Snap. I took Sagna in for Zabaleta.

• Advertisement

indeed that was one of the 2 factors that ended up with me going kolarov
    the other being everyone around me had a city defender and most had kolarov !

Yeah I went for Sagna as I only sold Kol last week. I am a fool!!

Hoping for a very high scoring game on Super Sunday

Advertisement