Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 10 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,003 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Giving serious consideration to getting Mitrovic in for Martial and captaining him. Not happy with Martial playing on the left wing and not ready to jump on the Vardy wagon just yet.

Mitrovic as captain away from home? The bravery there may be bordering too far on the side of negligence. You must have better options?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,661 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Went Gomis and Mahrez out for Vardy and Ozil at -4. fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

CSF wrote: »
    Mitrovic as captain away from home? The bravery there may be bordering too far on the side of negligence. You must have better options?

I do. I have Hazard and may go with him after hearing the Pedro news. I see something in Mitrovic though. I think he will bag a brace soon and Newcastle have a better run of fixtures than anybody. Big Sam is good at setting up defences but he's not a miracle worker either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Thinking Kun to either Lukaku, Mitrovic or Perez. Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Giving serious consideration to getting Mitrovic in for Martial and captaining him. Not happy with Martial playing on the left wing and not ready to jump on the Vardy wagon just yet.

If your not ready to jump on the vardy wagon now I don't think you will ever be ready. Having said that I'm looking at mitrovic myself for next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

stephenl15 wrote: »

Mitrovic is playing a bit more advanced (and might be on penalties?) than Perez but is a bit of a headcase so I'd probably opt for Perez over him. I'd probably go for Lukaku over both of them though, his fixtures are just as good as Newcastle's and despite that performance against Norwich (accounted for half their goals so far), Everton look a more consistent side going forward and are highly dependent on Lukaku for goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Lukaku long term.
    Mitrovic over Perez.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Would it be madness to take a -4 hit to swap out Mane to Wijnaldum?

Think I've got so used to taking points hits the last few weeks, I'm getting withdrawal symptoms not having to do one this week.

Current midfield
    Sanchez, De Bruyne, Mane, Mahrez and Payet.

Long term Lukaku, short term would prefer Perez over Mitrovic

I do. I have Hazard and may go with him after hearing the Pedro news. I see something in Mitrovic though. I think he will bag a brace soon and Newcastle have a better run of fixtures than anybody. Big Sam is good at setting up defences but he's not a miracle worker either.

I think having players like that in your team is a punt differential as it is, captaining those players is too much IMO. Even in a 6 goal week last week he only got a goal right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Francis->Moreno done

I think having players like that in your team is a punt differential as it is, captaining those players is too much IMO. Even in a 6 goal week last week he only got a goal right?

Yes but he scored against City too. I will probably bottle it and captain Hazard, but I do think Mitrovic is due a brace very soon. Plus his fixtures make for good reading.

Would it be madness to take a -4 hit to swap out Mane to Wijnaldum?

Think I've got so used to taking points hits the last few weeks, I'm getting withdrawal symptoms not having to do one this week.

Current midfield
    Sanchez, De Bruyne, Mane, Mahrez and Payet.

And bench who from front 3?
    He's got BOU sun STK after this GW.

ElTel wrote: »
    And bench who from front 3?
    He's got BOU sun STK after this GW.

Was thinking of playing all out attack this week. Those are great fixtures

Yes but he scored against City too. I will probably bottle it and captain Hazard, but I do think Mitrovic is due a brace very soon. Plus his fixtures make for good reading.

His fixtures making for good reason make him a potential good differential, don't fall into the trap of mistaking that for a good differential captain. He's playing away from home in a derby, and hasn't got a brace once this season. He's probably more likely to get 1 point than he is anything over 6.

Was thinking of playing all out attack this week. Those are great fixtures

Each to his own but I wouldn't even use a FT to transfer Mane (in my team).
    How does AOA look for you in GW11 or GW12 as others as previously mentioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Begovic
    Dawson, Francis, Martin (Kolorov, Darmian)
    KDB, Sanchez, Payet, Mahrez (Westwood)
    Pelle, Vardy, Ighalo

£7.5m (!!) in the bank.

Options are:
    Francis to Bellerin
    Westwood to Wijnaldum (bench Ighalo)
    Ighalo to Costa

Decision, decision....all opinions welcome.

Each to his own but I wouldn't even use a FT to transfer Mane (in my team).
    How does AOA look for you in GW11 or GW12 as others as previously mentioned?

Actually looks decent enough potential wise for next 3 weeks, just defensively this week don't expect much.
    Gonna hold off on that transfer, if Wijnaldum plays well this week and Mahrez is on the bench, tho expect him to start this weekend, that might be a transfer to make.

His fixtures making for good reason make him a potential good differential, don't fall into the trap of mistaking that for a good differential captain. He's playing away from home in a derby, and hasn't got a brace once this season. He's probably more likely to get 1 point than he is anything over 6.

We shall see. I pulled the trigger on the transfer anyway. It's either Mitrovic or Hazard for captain. Don't like Sanchez and Pelle fixtures this week.

The only captain choices I have got right this season have been Aguero once and Rooney in gw1. Down at 296K overall now so it might be time to think outside the box with my captain choices.

Benimar wrote: »
    Begovic
    Pelle, Vardy, Ighalo

£7.5m (!!) in the bank.

Options are:
    Francis to Bellerin
    Ighalo to Costa

Three really tempting transfers, I'd probably go with Wijnaldum or Bellerin

• Advertisement

Benimar wrote: »
    Begovic
    Pelle, Vardy, Ighalo

£7.5m (!!) in the bank.

Options are:
    Francis to Bellerin
    Ighalo to Costa

The def, transfer ties up too much cash in your D imo. Would leave you with 4 5M+ defenders.
    Costa looks the obvious one of those options but he is not for me.
    Most people have a tough defensive selection this week.
    Could you save the FT and wait for more info?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I'm leaning towards banking this week. my squad is as follows.

366511.png

I considered Sturridge for Pelle but that's a no goer, maybe I could upgrade Sinclair to Wijnaldum,Ayew,Cabaye type mid, I think that will only create a major headache every week on who to bench, so will probably just leave it, thoughts?

Edit I have 2.4m in the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

The def, transfer ties up too much cash in your D imo. Would leave you with 4 5M+ defenders.
    Costa looks the obvious one of those options but he is not for me.
    Most people have a tough defensive selection this week.
    Could you save the FT and wait for more info?

That is an option too. Would give me a bit of flexibility next week.

I'm leaning towards banking this week. my squad is as follows.

366511.png

I considered Sturridge for Pelle but that's a no goer, maybe I could upgrade Sinclair to Wijnaldum,Ayew,Cabaye type mid, I think that will only create a major headache every week on who to bench, so will probably just leave it, thoughts?

Edit I have 2.4m in the bank.

Think holding is the right call.
    Nor ahead of Lei on the bench imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Think holding is the right call.
    Nor ahead of Lei on the bench imo

It'll prob be irrelevant which way I order the bench but just shaded it to Morgan who has more potential to score from a corner, I guess Norwich would be more likely to get a CS but hopefully it won't matter either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

How likely are Naughton and Hangeland to start this week? Im worried about fielding 10 players again. Defence needs a lot of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

jimmii wrote: »
    Wouldn't be going near Giroud right now. "At the moment it is Theo but in a few weeks it might be Giroud." suggests to me that currently he is planning on starting Theo.

I wouldn't be thinking of buying Giroud myself either, but he would be a reasonable punt to go with. As I said, he has great stats against Everton, and Walcott used to always play the domestic cups games back when he was an irregular starter. I would go near wither of them, I'd probably pick Ozil out of that price range for Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Going to bank it. Might do three transfers next week then.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Dempsey wrote: »
    De Gea, Myhill

Bellerin, Kolarov, Nyom, Francis, Richards

De Bruyne, Sanchez, Hoolahan, Payet, Mahrez

Vardy, Ighalo, Pelle

1 FT & 5.8m ITB

Kolarov has to go but I'm contemplating taking a points hit, shipping Ighalo or Hoolahan, to get all that money out of the bank and back into the team. Preference is to stay 3-4-3 though. Not sure who to get though

Close to banking a transfer at this stage despite 5.8m ITB! Nothing is jumping out at me except Ighalo to Costa but I'm 0.1m short!!

2 FT's give me the option to bring in Costa if he's on the money again I'm thinking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭larchielads

Are sagna and kolorov not injured???

Advertisement