Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 10 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,049 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Currently just ahead of Vardy by a point. I also read recently that he has the highest chance creation stat in the league. That's pretty good going for someone that has an eye for goal. He's a really nice player to watch too.

I don't fully get why he isn't a must have for some people. The highest scoring player in the game, at over 5 million less than Aguero who we'd all consider THE must have.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

CSF wrote: »
    I don't fully get why he isn't a must have for some people. The highest scoring player in the game, at over 5 million less than Aguero who we'd all consider THE must have.

Probably because his goal conversion stats are "unsustainable." He seems like he's hell bent on making the France Euro squad and plays as the creative hub in an attacking side; I won't be losing him for a while

Probably because his goal conversion stats are "unsustainable." He seems like he's hell bent on making the France Euro squad and plays as the creative hub in an attacking side; I won't be losing him for a while

How frequently has this argument held up though among someone doing quite this well? I don't expect Payet to score 5 goals every 9 games now, but he should very easily pay back an 8.1 (I've had him from the start so 7.5) fee.

Certain players I just don't get the need to take on. Hence why I'm not going to take on Vardy. His price means that even if he eases up a bit he will still be value.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Dempsey wrote: »
    De Gea, Myhill

Bellerin, Kolarov, Nyom, Francis, Richards

De Bruyne, Sanchez, Hoolahan, Payet, Mahrez

Vardy, Ighalo, Pelle

1 FT & 5.8m ITB

Kolarov has to go but I'm contemplating taking a points hit, shipping Ighalo or Hoolahan, to get all that money out of the bank and back into the team. Preference is to stay 3-4-3 though. Not sure who to get though

Thinking Kolarov to Van Dijk & Ighalo to Diego Costa for a 4 point hit. Thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Think I might take the risk with Walcott. Ayew --> Walcott worth a hit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

spock. wrote: »

I think Walcott is an even bigger rotation risk after the weekend. I wouldn't go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

The only people happy with Walcott's finishing so far is Bayern & Giroud!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

CSF wrote: »

I don't have him and don't plan to get him. I'm not disputing he is a great option . The fact he is the highest scoring player in the game is of no use to me as a non owner. I'm looking at the next 6 and as things stand I've 5 other mid I prefer. He is also going to cost me 8.1. From gw 11 I'd hope my midfield 5 to be sanchez kdb Walcott mahrez mane

I don't have him and don't plan to get him. I'm not disputing he is a great option . The fact he is the highest scoring player in the game is of no use to me as a non owner. I'm looking at the next 6 and as things stand I've 5 other mid I prefer. He is also going to cost me 8.1. From gw 11 I'd hope my midfield 5 to be sanchez kdb Walcott mahrez mane

Can't see Mané outscoring Payet over that period. Walcott is clearly capable but he's also the sort of player who could give you a 1 point return in 3 of those games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Aguero to Vardy done and have captained him

• Advertisement

Aguero to Vardy done and have captained him

That 6 million needs to be used!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

With Kolarov fit again I think I'm going to keep him. He was going to be my transfer this week. Probably bench him for the derby but then he's got Norwich at home and Villa away.

Do I go Walcott to Ozil or drop Mbokani?

Norwich fixtures don't look good. I brought Mbokani in last week and he got me 6 points so job done there. 7.1 to spend, already have Ighalo and Vardy. Gomis and Berahino look the best options with Gomis having the better fixtures.

Anyone wanna help me make up my mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I'd give Ayew the game against Villa.
    For a FT perhaps with the likelihood of Ramsey out bot I personally would not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Going with Targett -> Bellerin. Like Lemlin said, no point getting rid of Kolarov when I've no desperate need for the funds especially now that he's fit. I'll most likely be benching him against United though.

Sticking with Redmond until GW13, he was Norwich's best player the last day and has a seriously good shot on him.

Aenaes wrote: »
    With Kolarov fit again I think I'm going to keep him. He was going to be my transfer this week. Probably bench him for the derby but then he's got Norwich at home and Villa away.

Do I go Walcott to Ozil or drop Mbokani?

Norwich fixtures don't look good. I brought Mbokani in last week and he got me 6 points so job done there. 7.1 to spend, already have Ighalo and Vardy. Gomis and Berahino look the best options with Gomis having the better fixtures.

Anyone wanna help me make up my mind?

Who do you start in mid an attack if you don't make a transfer?
    Everton ManU and Newcastle have very good fixtures coming up if you look beyond this GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

What three strikers do you plan to have?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Walcott Mahrez De Bruyne Payet Sanchez
    Ighalo Vardy Mbokani

I'd probably bench Mbokani out of them this week.

With Giroud replacing Walcott tonight and scoring and Ozil scoring, I think I'll go transfer Walcott out and Ozil in.

Lemlin wrote: »
    What three strikers do you plan to have?

Aguero vardy and a cheapie either mitrovic or murray.

Ighalo Vardy Mbokani

With Giroud replacing Walcott tonight and scoring and Ozil scoring, I think I'll go transfer Walcott out and Ozil in.

Could save the FT and have 2 FTs the week after?
    I think its a tough GW.

Ighalo Vardy Mbokani

Walcott could still start on the right if giroud comes in as it looks like Ramsey is now injured. Giroud held the ball up quite well when he came on but for the goal the ball just hit him on the head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Think I'm either banking this week or making a sideways Mccarthy to hennessy move

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 The Myth Of Sisyphus

I'm gonna bring in Giroud but who to ditch?

Martial or Pelle?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Kolarov to Alderweireld. No point having a City defender until Kompany returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Both Kompany and Kolarov are fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Kompany was fit at the weekend but rested it appears. Pellegrini has said he was fit.
    Walcott could still start on the right if giroud comes in as it looks like Ramsey is now injured. Giroud held the ball up quite well when he came on but for the goal the ball just hit him on the head.

I was all set to maybe go for Walcott this week but just seen clips of Wenger talking up Giroud on SSN. Saying he was out of form but in the past two weeks it appears to be returning.

If Ramsey's injury is a medium or long term one, I think I might still go for Walcott because he should play then as you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Swapped Defoe for Bojan ,

Happy with that as Defoe was stinking up my team for last 3 weeks

Lemlin wrote: »
    Kompany was fit at the weekend but rested it appears. Pellegrini has said he was fit.

I was all set to maybe go for Walcott this week but just seen clips of Wenger talking up Giroud on SSN. Saying he was out of form but in the past two weeks it appears to be returning.

If Ramsey's injury is a medium or long term one, I think I might still go for Walcott because he should play then as you say.

As much as I've been bigging up Walcott if you still have a strong squad I'd probably wait a week to see the effect of the Ramsey injury on the lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Lukaku to Vardy
    Ayew to Alexis

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

As much as I've been bigging up Walcott if you still have a strong squad I'd probably wait a week to see the effect of the Ramsey injury on the lineup.

I think Ozil is a great, slightly safer, option for a second Arsenal mid too.

What are you thoughts on my friend Hazard. From the highlights and the reports he seemed to play well and was credited with working back when the we under pressure to pick up Yarmolenko.

Jose said after that he was pleased to see "everyone working hard for the team" although when asked about returns to the level
    expected by the likes of Hazard and Matic he went on to eulogise Matic and not mention Haz.

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    I think Ozil is a great, slightly safer, option for a second Arsenal mid too.

What are you thoughts on my friend Hazard. From the highlights and the reports he seemed to play well and was credited with working back when the we under pressure to pick up Yarmolenko.

Jose said after that he was pleased to see "everyone working hard for the team" although when asked about returns to the level
    expected by the likes of Hazard and Matic he went on to eulogise Matic and not mention Haz.

Ye ozil is another great option. Id prefer theo if both start so as suggested id wait to see what happens this week with regards teamsheet. Ox could play RW which makes theo very risky again even if he does start up front again. Im in a different situation with theo I got him in a few weeks back when he was a banker to start up front and have 20 pts in 3 games from him. Even if he gets 1 pt this week id still class it as a good 4 week transfer for me.
    If theo takes ramseys spot happy days and there is carling cup next midweek so you would be able to fairly easily predict the arsenal team for the next gw after that.
    Hard to know what will happen with hazard id wait to see if there are any clues from friday press conference.

Advertisement