Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 10 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

ElTel wrote: »
    Thought you'd be set after WC?
    Nasty looking GW ahead for my squad but would like to stick re. transfers
    I'm hoping you scored more than NZ did today.
    I better stop now.
    Top 300 in the world has me a bit hyper.
    Team is pretty set alright.

Only WC mistake was getting rid of Bellerin (for Azpi). Regret now not having been reactive enough and jumped back on him using Kolarov injury as an excuse for readjustment.

Martial to sort maybe now. I think Pellè deserves I give him more GWs. He had one blank. OK. Costa had countless ones before Villa. Bony was useless for City for 10 months before yesterday.

Oh and think I'm gonna outscore NZ by 1 pt this GW. Bloody losers these kiwis :pac:!

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Hoolahan out, Wijnaldum in. Assuming everything gets through the CL games unscathed I'll transfer Targett out for -4 for another defender.

GW 11, I'm seriously considering Pelle to Vardy, or Martial to Vardy. Both have decent fixtures which makes me hesitant to pull the trigger on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Martial to Vardy done, it will be a Leicester double up but Mahrez remains on the sell watchlist due to the ways of The Tinkerman.

I'd like to Head towards 433 with Bony on board but that's a decision for next gameweek as it will be a -4 transfer move.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I may give Wijnaldum a whirl. I was looking at him, Eriksen or possibly Willian last night and he's sent a bit of a come and get me plea today!!

Contemplating him and Costa in for Hazard and Sahko. Kane tempting somewhat too for 2 great fixtures. Looking at either gw11 or 12 for aoa.

Any thoughts on those moves to leave me with..

Myhill
    Naughton, Souare, Martin, Gomez, Bellerin
    Mahrez, Mané, Sanchez, KdB, Wijnaldum
    Costa/Kane, Pelle (never c again), Vardinho

Havent seen most of motd and no live matches this weekend.

Did Chelsea look in anyway convincing as to having turned a corner?

How did Spurs/Kane play?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    I may give Wijnaldum a whirl. I was looking at him, Eriksen or possibly Willian last night and he's sent a bit of a come and get me plea today!!

Contemplating him and Costa in for Hazard and Sahko. Kane tempting somewhat too for 2 great fixtures. Looking at either gw11 or 12 for aoa.

Any thoughts on those moves to leave me with..

Myhill
    Naughton, Souare, Martin, Gomez, Bellerin
    Mahrez, Mané, Sanchez, KdB, Wijnaldum
    Costa/Kane, Pelle (never c again), Vardinho

Havent seen most of motd and no live matches this weekend.

Did Chelsea look in anyway convincing as to having turned a corner?

How did Spurs/Kane play?

I'd forget about the price rises falls for the week and see what develops over the week with all the European games and make your decision on friday. Hazard could play Tues and score and be back in contention. Costa could get injured. See what happens with Walcott in midweek he has now stated the last 6 league games. Arsenal are scoring a lot more goals with him in the team and his pace is stretching teams and giving Sanchez more space. Maybe Wenger now sees him as his number 1 striker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

dahat wrote: »
    Martial to Vardy done, it will be a Leicester double up but Mahrez remains on the sell watchlist due to the ways of The Tinkerman.

I'd like to Head towards 433 with Bony on board but that's a decision for next gameweek as it will be a -4 transfer move.

Martial could have had a goal and assist yesterday. I'm thinking of holding him for another week.

United home to City could be high scoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I'd forget about the price rises falls for the week and see what develops over the week with all the European games and make your decision on friday. Hazard could play Tues and score and be back in contention. Costa could get injured. See what happens with Walcott in midweek he has now stated the last 6 league games. Arsenal are scoring a lot more goals with him in the team and his pace is stretching teams and giving Sanchez more space. Maybe Wenger now sees him as his number 1 striker.

Yeah, cheers, I was definitely not doing anything before the CL. And I was thinking that may not be out of the question re Hazard. Last time Jose dropped him 2 years ago he came back strong afterwards.

I'm still not sure how essential Costa is either. Yet to see any of the game or read any independent reports.

FHFC wrote: »
    Yeah, cheers, I was definitely not doing anything before the CL. And I was thinking that may not be out of the question re Hazard. Last time Jose dropped him 2 years ago he came back strong afterwards.

I'm still not sure how essential Costa is either. Yet to see any of the game or read any independent reports.

I don't plan on holding Costa too long. I just liked his 2 fixtures villa and west ham.Over the likes of Pelle lukaku etc. I could do Costa to mitrovic before Newcastle's next home game. I need to free up money to get in mane that week as well. I'm hoping to hold this week I'll take kolorav price drops and do 2 next week and hopefully kolorav is back for Norwich at home.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Martial could have had a goal and assist yesterday. I'm thinking of holding him for another week.

United home to City could be high scoring.

Didnt get round to watching motd but I read he played out left with rooney through the middle. Herrera was supposed to have had a good game so he will probably play off the front man again next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,049 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Didnt get round to watching motd but I read he played out left with rooney through the middle. Herrera was supposed to have had a good game so he will probably play off the front man again next week.

He did, this was why I've gotten rid. I've no time for reverse OOP players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I can smell a wildcard a coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I may get Bellerin tonight (for Kolarov). I shouldn't have holden on Kolarov last GW. The -4 sounded pointless but it'd have better set up my team. It was the best week to take it too with everyone taking big hits.

I can't afford Bellerin to rise too much now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

iroced wrote: »
    I may get Bellerin tonight (for Kolarov). I shouldn't have holden on Kolarov last GW. The -4 sounded pointless but it'd have better set up my team. It was the best week to take it too with everyone taking big hits.

I can't afford Bellerin to rise too much now.

I'm in the same boat, figured I could play Martin and get at least two points from him rather than take the -4 to get rid of Kolarov. Expensive decision that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

jimmii wrote: »
    I can smell a wildcard a coming.

It's true, gw38 is getting closer

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Rikand wrote: »
    It's true, gw38 is getting closer

Gw19 surely? Isn't it one wildcard per half season now?

Gw19 surely? Isn't it one wildcard per half season now?

Yeh but the super hardcore are going to let the first one go and use the second on gw38. That's when you become a true boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

FHFC wrote:
    How did Spurs/Kane play?

Kane is still snatching at chances... trying to pile drive shots that he would have placed in the back of the net this time last year and more worryingly he is getting greedy ... at least twice he could have passed to better options (and got assist points) but shot himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Does anyone think Herrera is worth a punt ?

A cheap way into Utd's great upcoming run of games.Or do you think he's still too much of a rotation risk ? LVG for some reason doesn't seem to rate him too highly.

Colking wrote: »
    Does anyone think Herrera is worth a punt ?

A cheap way into Utd's great upcoming run of games.Or do you think he's still too much of a rotation risk ? LVG for some reason doesn't seem to rate him too highly.

I would have at least half a dozen others ahead of him in that <7m price bracket. If you really feel you must have a United mid he is probably the one to go for given his price.

I would have at least half a dozen others ahead of him in that <7m price bracket. If you really feel you must have a United mid he is probably the one to go for given his price.

In my opinion a minimum of 1 attacking Utd player for 11-18 is a must.

I would have said Martial before seeing him get pushed out wide, not so sure about him now.

Ideally I'd go for Mata but he's a little expensive at 8.9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'm actually getting extremely tempted to go Mata -> Payet now presuming nothing pressing comes up during the week as I have a transfer going spare after taking my hits last week.

The reason I made the switch from Pedro -> Mata last week was mainly because of United's fixtures from GW12 onwards but I can admit I've made a big mistake in rarely even considering Payet so far this season for some reason and I inexplicably did the same when making the aforementioned switch.

West Ham's fixtures are hardly poor either - CHE, wat, EVE, tot, WBA, mun, STO, swa, avl, SOT.

The itch will probably go and I'll stick with Mata for a few games of his good run which I made plans for and re-assess, but I suppose it's an easy switch at any stage due to their respective prices.

Paully D wrote: »
    I'm actually getting extremely tempted to go Mata -> Payet now presuming nothing pressing comes up during the week as I have a transfer going spare after taking my hits last week.

The reason I made the switch from Pedro -> Mata last week was mainly because of United's fixtures from GW12 onwards but I can admit I've made a big mistake in rarely even considering Payet so far this season for some reason and I inexplicably did the same when making the aforementioned switch.

West Ham's fixtures are hardly poor either - CHE, wat, EVE, tot, WBA, mun, STO, swa, avl, SOT.

The itch will probably go and I'll stick with Mata for a few games of his good run which I made plans for and re-assess, but I suppose it's an easy switch at any stage due to their respective prices.

I think west ham have awful fixtures the next 10 all teams that are fairly solid defensively apart from Villa, stoke(maybe) and chelsea who I think will sort out their issues. Watford and Swansea are very well organised at home.

In my opinion a minimum of 1 attacking Utd player for 11-18 is a must.

I would have said Martial before seeing him get pushed out wide, not so sure about him now.

Ideally I'd go for Mata but he's a little expensive at 8.9

Those fixtures do look good but so do Arsenals & Citys for me Mata would only be after making sure I have Sanchez then one of Ozil/Theo & one of Yaya/Sterling and even then I would probably prefer to have Mane given Southamptons fixtures around then too. Hopefully Martial can find some form right now looks easier to fit him in the front three than the midfield!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I think west ham have awful fixtures the next 10 all teams that are fairly solid defensively apart from Villa, stoke(maybe) and chelsea who I think will sort out their issues. Watford and Swansea are very well organised at home.

FF Scout rank them right down at the bottom too in terms of attacking potential in that period, while they've got United top 10. I'll hold and re-assess in a few weeks. If Payet hadn't got that 90th minute goal while Palace were all out attack due to being 2-1 down then I probably wouldn't be thinking much of it to be honest.

I wouldn't be mad on West Ham fixtures good few tricky games in the next couple of months but Payet is superb he is well able to pick up points against anyone. I'm pretty sure I am going to WC today and plan on going Sanchez, Ozil, City mid, Mane given their fixtures they should all rack up decent scores between now and New Year and if Chelsea get back to their old selfs then not sure how to fit in one or two of them for their run from 13 to 18 hopefully they keep on playing like they are so it doesn't become an issue!

I wouldn't be mad on West Ham fixtures good few tricky games in the next couple of months but Payet is superb he is well able to pick up points against anyone. I'm pretty sure I am going to WC today and plan on going Sanchez, Ozil, City mid, Mane given their fixtures they should all rack up decent scores between now and New Year and if Chelsea get back to their old selfs then not sure how to fit in one or two of them for their run from 13 to 18 hopefully they keep on playing like they are so it doesn't become an issue!

Ideally (at this point of the season) I'd like KDB, SAN, PAYET, MATA, MANE in a v strong midfield. Problem is that I tend to play 3-4-3 so who do you leave out? The benefits of a strong front 8 have been well documented though.

If I were you Paully I'd hold on Mata but definitely look at squeezing Payet in somehow. I let stubbornness keep him out of my side until 2 games ago and he looks like a serious contender for keeping season long.

As Jimmi says Payet is good for points against anyone.

Until tinkerman started messing with Mahrez I was v happy with him (had him since GW2) I'm now looking at Wijnaldum, Herrera, Barkley as possible replacements for him.

Some of the Leicester fans think he's nailed on from here on out after the experiment didn't work so well but I just have awful memories of Ranieri and his rotation policy

Decisions Decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Hazard -> Willian.
    Money fight!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Thinking Martial > Berahino? Anyone else thinking of him? Decent points scorer so far, fixtures aren't bad either. Don't think I'll jump on the Newcastle bandwagon yet. Also, depending on tonight, Ayew>Payet?

Will leave me with:
    Myhill/McCarthy
    Bellerin/Bertrand/Martin/Souare/STaylor
    KDB/Sanchez/Mahrez/Payet/Wanyama
    Pelle/Berahino/Vardy

Ideally (at this point of the season) I'd like KDB, SAN, PAYET, MATA, MANE in a v strong midfield. Problem is that I tend to play 3-4-3 so who do you leave out? The benefits of a strong front 8 have been well documented though.

If I were you Paully I'd hold on Mata but definitely look at squeezing Payet in somehow. I let stubbornness keep him out of my side until 2 games ago and he looks like a serious contender for keeping season long.

As Jimmi says Payet is good for points against anyone.

Until tinkerman started messing with Mahrez I was v happy with him (had him since GW2) I'm now looking at Wijnaldum, Herrera, Barkley as possible replacements for him.

Some of the Leicester fans think he's nailed on from here on out after the experiment didn't work so well but I just have awful memories of Ranieri and his rotation policy

Decisions Decisions.

The amount of midfield options right now is ridiculous its impossible to fit them all in alright! That midfield 5 would be super sick to have and given the value options we have upfront you could probably do it until Aguero comes back at least. A front 3 of Vardy, Ighalo, Lukaku and a budget defence and you could well stretch to that 5 and then have Ighalo as your go to bench option. Like pretty much everyone I tended to use 3-4-3 as well but definitely don't let formation dictate your squad selection let your squad selection dictate your formation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I'm not a ManU fan, but it doesn't seem like LVG appreciates Mata as much as he should. I wouldn't be surprised to see Mata get a rest or two during the good run of fixtures. I'm very happy to have picked Payet up on my WC three GWs ago. He gets limited chances, but makes the most of them and West Ham are the second highest scoring team in the league

Advertisement