Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 10 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Hum. My early knee-jerk-price-rise-driven-post-GW9-no-hit-regret Kolarov to Bellerin move looks really dumb now that
    1) Kolarov is almost fit
    2) Kolarov's price is protected
    3) Saylor fell last night while I could have used my banked cash to get rid of him and assess my premium defense later.

Tsss... Sometimes I feel I'm still playing this game like if I started it last week :rolleyes: :pac: :rolleyes:...

To try and stay positive, I'll just note that City's defense has been less than average lately (even in games where we'd all expected a CS).

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Paddy_Irishman

Anyone considering Ericksen? I've Pedro to ship but in 2 minds over Ozil or Ericksen!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Anyone considering Ericksen? I've Pedro to ship but in 2 minds over Ozil or Ericksen!
    Spurs play in the Europa on Thursday. Best to relax till after.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

iroced wrote: »
    Hum. My early knee-jerk-price-rise-driven-post-GW9-no-hit-regret Kolarov to Bellerin move looks really dumb now that
    1) Kolarov is almost fit
    2) Kolarov's price is protected
    3) Saylor fell last night while I could have used my banked cash to get rid of him and assess my premium defense later.

Tsss... Sometimes I feel I'm still playing this game like if I started it last week :rolleyes: :pac: :rolleyes:...

To try and stay positive, I'll just note that City's defense has been less than average lately (even in games where we'd all expected a CS).

I'm in the same boat - having not really put a foot wrong with my transfers since my GW3 wildcard, I got rid of Kolarov for Bertrand very quickly after his injury was made public and am now regretting it. Even before Aguero got injured I had the funds to go Muniesa -> Bertrand instead, which would have left me with the same number of playing defenders. Now I've got money to burn, so there was absolutely no rush to get rid of him to upgrade elsewhere.

Oh well, if that's the worst transfer decision I make this season I'll be doing okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I'm in the same boat - having not really put a foot wrong with my transfers since my GW3 wildcard, I got rid of Kolarov for Bertrand very quickly after his injury was made public and am now regretting it. Even before Aguero got injured I had the funds to go Muniesa -> Bertrand instead, which would have left me with the same number of playing defenders. Now I've got money to burn, so there was absolutely no rush to get rid of him to upgrade elsewhere.

Oh well, if that's the worst transfer decision I make this season I'll be doing okay.

Me too especially having read the physio report that Jimmii posted on the injuries thread as I mentioned in the GW thread. I can spin it and say that 2 city mids is now an option but doesn't negate the fact that it was a rash move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I also jumped on that wagon of Kolarov>Bertrand. Thought he'd be out longer then that. Will get rid of STaylor and maybe get Kolarov back in next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Dodged a bullet with the Kolarov transfer but he hasnt been getting the points but hopefully that will change with Kompany back. Cant help but feel he's not first choice and the quick recovery doesnt really matter.

Still have 5.8m in the bank and dunno what to do with it! Nothing is jumping out at me! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Fant11

What are ppl doing with Mahrez? Likely to start at the weekend after his cameo right?

I don't have Vardy and for some reason just can't justify having both. Can't see their goal scoring form lasting. Silly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Fant11 wrote:
    What are ppl doing with Mahrez? Likely to start at the weekend after his cameo right?

I don't have Vardy and for some reason just can't justify having both. Can't see their goal scoring form lasting. Silly?

You really need to get Vardy imo. Best value in the game right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

LVG playing Martial on wing for second game on a row,might it be time to ship him on even though Utds fixtures improve soon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

LVG playing Martial on wing for second game on a row,might it be time to ship him on even though Utds fixtures improve soon?

He's just scored tonight against CSKA :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

All my players have made it through the champions league, and Kolarov looks ok, so I'll probably bank in preparation for the fixture shift in gw11

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Fant11 wrote: »

I said this a few weeks back when people were reluctant to go for vardy. You need to discount mahrez as everyone has him. What you need to think is will vardy outscore the other strikers in his price range. If Leicester blank you will have 2 players blank but almost every serious player in the game is going to have mahrez anyway and at this stage a huge % are going to have vardy also at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Fant11 wrote: »

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-winger-Riyad-Mahrez-number-says/story-28012505-detail/story.html

If you back your own judgment on Vardy to fall off, then go for it. He has ridiculously good shooting stats though, so he's not PL top goalscorer by accident

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

With Kolarov fit and protected I think I am going to bank for the first time this year. I had though of dumping McCarthy for Myhill but with my other keeper Butland at home to Watford this weekend there is no need to do that immediately. I might need the 2 transfers next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

So annoyed now that I did the Kolarov-Bellerin transfer early in the week and he is now fit.
    Other defenders are Evans-Naughton-Hangeland-Targett.
    How likely are any 2 of those to start?
    Should I play my AOA chip?
    I already have taken a -4 this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

menoscemo wrote: »
    With Kolarov fit and protected I think I am going to bank for the first time this year. I had though of dumping McCarthy for Myhill but with my other keeper Butland at home to Watford this weekend there is no need to do that immediately. I might need the 2 transfers next week.

This. I have Butland in goal and now that Kolarov is back 15 fit players. Dont see a need to use the transfer this week, a lot of my players have decent fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Current def is:

Begovic,
    Souare, Dawson, Bellerin, Alderweireld, Francis

Do ye think it is worth a -4 to get Myhill in for Bego?

lougal88 wrote: »
    So annoyed now that I did the Kolarov-Bellerin transfer early in the week and he is now fit.
    Other defenders are Evans-Naughton-Hangeland-Targett.
    How likely are any 2 of those to start?
    Should I play my AOA chip?
    I already have taken a -4 this week.

Evans should start and Hangeland started over Delaney last GW. Who's the attacker you would be benching?
    Current def is:

Begovic,
    Souare, Dawson, Bellerin, Alderweireld, Francis

Do ye think it is worth a -4 to get Myhill in for Bego?

Negative, Myhill has a tough run from GW12-16 and Chelsea's fixtures are lovely

Evans should start and Hangeland started over Delaney last GW. Who's the attacker you would be benching?

Negative, Myhill has a tough run from GW12-16 and Chelsea's fixtures are lovely

Sinclair is my 5th Mid and would be benched.
    I'm a bit worried that Delaney will come in for Hangeland this week though.

• Advertisement

Sinclair is my 5th Mid and would be benched.
    I'm a bit worried that Delaney will come in for Hangeland this week though.

Sinclair hasn't made it to 60 mins in three of the last four matches, so I'd just hope three of your defenders play instead of using AOA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Walcott out, Ozil in. Walcott was worrying me with his decreasing minutes the last three weeks and there's only so long Wenger can ignore Giroud's goal-scoring form.

Gives me .1 to add to the bank.

Sinclair hasn't made it to 60 mins in three of the last four matches, so I'd just hope three of your defenders play instead of using AOA

Yeah think that's the smart move cheers.
    With front 3 of Bony-Vardy-Pelle should I replace Sinclair with an alternative or cheaper 5th mid?
    He has been pants.

Yeah think that's the smart move cheers.
    With front 3 of Bony-Vardy-Pelle should I replace Sinclair with an alternative or cheaper 5th mid?
    He has been pants.

I've gone with 5 good midfielders. Not sure if he's worth a -4 to bench fodder like Drinkwater or Fletcher, but an upgrade may be

I've gone with 5 good midfielders. Not sure if he's worth a -4 to bench fodder like Drinkwater or Fletcher, but an upgrade may be

Maybe one for a future gw. I can't see a change in my current front 3 at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Thinking 5 midfield also, have not made a transfer this week yet but looking at possibly getting wiji in and changing martial and Pelle for aguero and another when aguero is fit, can get wiji in for wanyama straight swap this week

• Registered Users Posts: 18,409 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I am giving Hazard another week and will take any price drop. Otherwise a man united midfielder will come in the week after.
    Newcastle players are also on my radar.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Jesper

With the Aguero budget sloshing around still I'm going to upgrade my 5th midfielder - who should i choose

Mane - good fixtures but seems to perform best against the big clubs anyway.
    Ericesson - Bournmount and Villa.. . Chadli injured so guaranteed starts.
    Mata - not so sure with recent bench time but would like utd. cover.

Or

Switch out Martial with
    Bony, Lakaku, Benteke? (I have Pelle and Vardy)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,409 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Jesper wrote: »
    With the Aguero budget sloshing around still I'm going to upgrade my 5th midfielder - who should i choose

Mane - good fixtures but seems to perform best against the big clubs anyway.
    Ericesson - Bournmount and Villa.. . Chadli injured so guaranteed starts.
    Mata - not so sure with recent bench time but would like utd. cover.

Or

Switch out Martial with
    Bony, Lakaku, Benteke? (I have Pelle and Vardy)

I would say mata/barkley not this week but gw 11 great fixtures from then (so I wouldn't get rid of martial either) or else jump on the Wijnaldum bandwagon.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Jesper

I would say mata/barkley not this week but gw 11 great fixtures from then (so I wouldn't get rid of martial either) or else jump on the Wijnaldum bandwagon.

TBH I wanted Lakaku due to Evertons fixtures from GW 10-20. I saw the Liverpool highlights tonight - Ogri isn't up to much so Benteke is a shoe in and i think he will get lots of chances.
    But Bony is almost 'guaranteed' to get more goals.

Advertisement