Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 10 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

My team for next weekend:

Myhill
    Bertrand Souare Bellerin
    Payet Mahrez Sanchez De Bruyne
    Martial Vardy Pelle

Hennessy, Kolarov, Wanyama, Nyom

5.1 million banked.

Martial out is my potential transfer but then Bony has United away and Costa has West Ham away followed by Liverpool home. Those were my two replacements. Bony does have Norwich home on 31st October though and that could be a bloodbath.

As I said in the GW thread, Martial may have played out wide but he could have had a goal and assist. I am therefore thinking about holding him and banking.

Opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,190 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lemlin wrote: »

Myhill
    Bertrand Souare Bellerin
    Martial Vardy Pelle

5.1 million banked.
    Martial out is my potential transfer but then Bony has United away and Costa has West Ham away followed by Liverpool home. Those were my two replacements. Bony does have Norwich home on 31st October though and that could be a bloodbath.

As I said in the GW thread, Martial may have played out wide but he could have had a goal and assist. I am therefore thinking about holding him and banking.

Opinions?
    think I'll bring bony in for ighalo that week as well as pelle has Bournemouth at home
    of course if aguero is back on the horizon I may not bother
    I'm going to bank it this week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Martial -> Bony
    Mata -> Sanchez

Job done! Should really have gotten rid of Sagna though. Even if he gets his game again this weekend City's defence has gone downhill massively without Kompany and Kolorov

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Myhill
    Bertrand Souare Bellerin
    Martial Vardy Pelle

5.1 million banked.

Opinions?

It's a very solid side and there's no "need" to transfer anyone.

I take it you're taking a punt on Kolarov and will be happy to take his points when he plays and be happy enough to autosub in if Clichy rotates with him ?

Martial was unlucky the last 2 game weeks not to score and has looked dangerous. Utd. have that great run from 11- 18 and Martial will surely pick up something from that ? You are potentially losing points on him next weekend though as I don't see Utd. getting much change from City.

I have Costa,Vardy, Pelle. It's hard to know which is the best 3rd striker to go with as many of us are keeping 2 places for Vardy and Pelle and are dubious about the third one.

The reason I didn't go with Bony in the end was because of CL and the risk that Bony would have reduced time in the PL as the only registered striker for CL. That theory was blown out of the water by Pellegrini last w/e though.

It's a very tough choice. This weeks games/potential injuries might make your mind up for you either though.

Colking wrote: »
    It's a very solid side and there's no "need" to transfer anyone.

I take it you're taking a punt on Kolarov and will be happy to take his points when he plays and be happy enough to autosub in if Clichy rotates with him ?

Martial was unlucky the last 2 game weeks not to score and has looked dangerous. Utd. have that great run from 11- 18 and Martial will surely pick up something from that ? You are potentially losing points on him next weekend though as I don't see Utd. getting much change from City.

I have Costa,Vardy, Pelle. It's hard to know which is the best 3rd striker to go with as many of us are keeping 2 places for Vardy and Pelle and are dubious about the third one.

The reason I didn't go with Bony in the end was because of CL and the risk that Bony would have reduced time in the PL as the only registered striker for CL. That theory was blown out of the water by Pellegrini last w/e though.

It's a very tough choice. This weeks games/potential injuries might make your mind up for you either though.

I can see United getting a goal or two against City. City have looked porous at the back and are adopting a bit of a Kevin Keegan style cavalier attitude.

I think I'll bank and check the lie of the land. Could make 3 transfers next week then for -8.

Re Kolarov, I had planned on taking him out to free up funds but that's not really an issue as I have 5.1 million banked now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I can see United getting a goal or two against City. City have looked porous at the back and are adopting a bit of a Kevin Keegan style cavalier attitude.

Those were great times! Used to be fun sitting down to watch Newcastle v Liverpool knowing you were likely to see it end up 4-3 one way or another!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    I may give Wijnaldum a whirl. I was looking at him, Eriksen or possibly Willian last night and he's sent a bit of a come and get me plea today!!

Contemplating him and Costa in for Hazard and Sahko. Kane tempting somewhat too for 2 great fixtures. Looking at either gw11 or 12 for aoa.

Any thoughts on those moves to leave me with..

Myhill
    Naughton, Souare, Martin, Gomez, Bellerin
    Mahrez, Mané, Sanchez, KdB, Wijnaldum
    Costa/Kane, Pelle (never c again), Vardinho

Havent seen most of motd and no live matches this weekend.

Did Chelsea look in anyway convincing as to having turned a corner?

How did Spurs/Kane play?

Pedro injured for tomorrow. This now gives hazard his chance to stake a claim for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Pedro injured for tomorrow. This now gives hazard his chance to stake a claim for the weekend.

I'd have expected him to get the European game but this makes it almost certain. Down to how he responds. Does he bust his gut or has he already been on the phone to PSG!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Muniesa will use up my FT this week for Bavies or Toby probably.

My next decision might be Moses to Wijnaldum or Alli for a hit.
    Regarding the discussion so far imo Martial, even with the risk of playing out wide is a hold for owners and Payet is a player I would not buy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

My other slight reservation on Wijnaldum this week is Newcastles awful record in the derby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Are there European or league cup games mid week?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Are there European or league cup games mid week?

Yes CL and Europa games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Cheers will hold off for the moment so

Want to bring in Sanchez but will wait till after Arse game

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Muniesa and Schwarzer out for Bertrand and Butland -4. That allows me to transfer in Vardy next week as I had maxed out on Leicester.

ElTel wrote: »
    Muniesa will use up my FT this week for Bavies or Toby probably.

My next decision might be Moses to Wijnaldum or Alli for a hit.
    Regarding the discussion so far imo Martial, even with the risk of playing out wide is a hold for owners and Payet is a player I would not buy now.

Why would you not go for Payet? Fixtures?

Thinking Martial > Berahino? Anyone else thinking of him? Decent points scorer so far, fixtures aren't bad either. Don't think I'll jump on the Newcastle bandwagon yet. Also, depending on tonight, Ayew>Payet?

Will leave me with:
    Myhill/McCarthy
    Bellerin/Bertrand/Martin/Souare/STaylor
    KDB/Sanchez/Mahrez/Payet/Wanyama
    Pelle/Berahino/Vardy

Hold Martial imo. His fixtures are good after this GW.
    With the spare cash from Kun sale you could consider upgrading Wanyama and giving yourself a selection headache for maybe 3 GWs
    Could bank your FT too?
    I don't think WBA score enough in general.
    Everton's fixtures improve from GW11 on.
    WH fixtures get tougher now too so (as I've said already) I don't think Payet is a buy but that would probably not be a commonly held opinion.

Why would you not go for Payet? Fixtures?

Fixtures yes for sure but also to be different.
    Mahrez KDB Sanchez are the common trio in most midfields at a guess.
    My other two are Mane and Moses (my benchfodder upgrade who got me nice points last 2 GWs which could have had a bigger effect only for Mahrez late assist.) and I suppose my "Payet cover"
    Up front have Bony Vardy and Lukaku.
    Am actually thinking of taking a hit on Moses this GW as he can't play against parent club.
    Would you consider upgrading Wanyama?
    My tentative plan is to use the AOA chip whilst Aguero is out.
    If I bring in Ali for Moses I still have over 5M in the bank but have to look into this further.
    Toby in for Muniesa has used up my FT.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

De Gea, Myhill

Bellerin, Kolarov, Nyom, Francis, Richards

De Bruyne, Sanchez, Hoolahan, Payet, Mahrez

Vardy, Ighalo, Pelle

1 FT & 5.8m ITB

Kolarov has to go but I'm contemplating taking a points hit, shipping Ighalo or Hoolahan, to get all that money out of the bank and back into the team. Preference is to stay 3-4-3 though. Not sure who to get though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 The Myth Of Sisyphus

I've got 3 cheap subs out with long term injuries but I'm gonna bank the transfer this week and sort out 2/3's of my bench next week

Captain Costa again

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

Does Pedro>Payet make sense this week? They play each other at the weekend, but West Ham have not been so good at home.

The rest of my front 8 is Mata, Mahrez, KDB, SancheZ & Pelle, Vardy, Ighalo.

I'm tempted to hold the transfer this week and use the 2 FTs next week to move on Pedro and possibly Mahrez. By then there may be a clearer picture of Aguero's return and I could bank some of the money by getting in two 6.5-7 mids.

Opinions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,087 ✭✭✭✭CSF

My other two are Mane and Moses (my benchfodder upgrade who got me nice points last 2 GWs which could have had a bigger effect only for Mahrez late assist.) and I suppose my "Payet cover"
    Am actually thinking of taking a hit on Moses this GW as he can't play against parent club.
    If I bring in Ali for Moses I still have over 5M in the bank but have to look into this further.

I thought you were right up the top? Surely the last thing you need then is to be different?

Nope, I'm a traditional man. I'm not going to change what has worked for years. A strong front eight will only lead to heartache.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I probably have to get Vardy don't I? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

I probably have to get Vardy don't I? :o

Pictures paint a thousand words.

You can either do it voluntarily now

nLkXNSa.jpg

or have it "forced" on you later ;)

R5B9PkW.jpg

CSF wrote: »
    I thought you were right up the top? Surely the last thing you need then is to be different?

I suppose in a way I think I am doing well without him with my other midfield picks and as long as I have Mahrez I can't consider him. His fixtures toughen up but I don't think that will affect him that badly. Different was not the right word to use. I have only one rule and that is never buy Costa. Hope it won't get tested but if he starts to flourish and I'm still in the top 5k say we'll see if different (which would be the correct word to use then) will work.

I suppose in a way I think I am doing well without him with my other midfield picks and as long as I have Mahrez I can't consider him. His fixtures toughen up but I don't think that will affect him that badly. Different was not the right word to use. I have only one rule and that is never buy Costa. Hope it won't get tested but if he starts to flourish and I'm still in the top 5k say we'll see if different (which would be the correct word to use then) will work.

Well yeah at this early stage I wouldn't be signing players just as blockers either, but you are defo not a man who needs to be seeking out differentials. Nice and safely does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I'm delighted to have wildcarded Payet in, but he's not really the type of player to kill you if you avoid him. I.e. he is unlikely to be highly captained and only has one really big score

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

I'm delighted to have wildcarded Payet in, but he's not really the type of player to kill you if you avoid him. I.e. he is unlikely to be highly captained and only has one really big score

Death by a thousand assists!

Death by a thousand assists!

5 goals in 9 games is nice going too. Probably the highest scoring player in the game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

CSF wrote: »
    5 goals in 9 games is nice going too. Probably the highest scoring player in the game?

Currently just ahead of Vardy by a point. I also read recently that he has the highest chance creation stat in the league. That's pretty good going for someone that has an eye for goal. He's a really nice player to watch too.

Advertisement