Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 16

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

astradave wrote: »
    Has anyone used Rooney? I'd he any good. Got him the other day for 23k but haven't used him yet..

Got him in a pack and put him up top in my PL 4-3-3. He was absolutely dire. Sold him for €60k at the time I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Hey tsc have u noticed that as you go higher in the division the teams actuslly get worse?? Like I'm constantly playing players with 78 or 79 rated teams and not because they have a bronze bench but because the are using lower rated players.

Im in division 2 now and out of over 500 games this year I've only played against ronaldo once in ultimate team and messi hasn't been seen at all, similar I've very very rarely came up against robben, ribbery, suarez and neymar it's constantly just lower rated players.

Has anyone used Rooney? I'd he any good. Got him the other day for 23k but haven't used him yet..

He is slow but if you use him as cam or cf he is brilliant his shots from outside the box are savage and his strenght is brilliant too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

jayo26 wrote: »
    Hey tsc have u noticed that as you go higher in the division the teams actuslly get worse?? Like I'm constantly playing players with 78 or 79 rated teams and not because they have a bronze bench but because the are using lower rated players.

Im in division 2 now and out of over 500 games this year I've only played against ronaldo once in ultimate team and messi hasn't been seen at all, similar I've very very rarely came up against robben, ribbery, suarez and neymar it's constantly just lower rated players.

Actually, this is close to something I was going to mention but hadn't got round to yet; the number of super teams this year seems way, way down, while the number of different types of teams (as in, unusual players, unusual leagues, hybrids) are way up.

I wonder if its linked to the lack of coin selling this year; maybe people who used to buy their super teams aren't able to get the couple of million coins needed to create those superteams. Maybe people are splashing coins on drafts (I know I am; I'd say I've wasted well over 100k on drafts now). Or the drafts are giving people their Ronaldo and Messi kicks, given you seem to get at least one every time you play. Or maybe people are realising handicapping just makes it not massively worth while?

Don't know. But I'd agree there's less of those teams. Don't think I've faced Ronaldo or Messi in seasons yet.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Actually, this is close to something I was going to mention but hadn't got round to yet; the number of super teams this year seems way, way down, while the number of different types of teams (as in, unusual players, unusual leagues, hybrids) are way up.

I wonder if its linked to the lack of coin selling this year; maybe people who used to buy their super teams aren't able to get the couple of million coins needed to create those superteams. Maybe people are splashing coins on drafts (I know I am; I'd say I've wasted well over 100k on drafts now). Or the drafts are giving people their Ronaldo and Messi kicks, given you seem to get at least one every time you play. Or maybe people are realising handicapping just makes it not massively worth while?

Don't know. But I'd agree there's less of those teams. Don't think I've faced Ronaldo or Messi in seasons yet.

I really don't know you would imagine with the prices of the players they have to be tons of them going around even the likes of ronaldo I've never seen them so plentiful on the market.

Could be drafts but I detest that so I must be doing something wrong there ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Thank fcuk I decided to buy Aubameyang earlier this week before Costa, his tots will have 110 pace at this rate.

IF CAM Bolasie will be sick again

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSFIFA/status/672067738525949952

To follow up on fut draft and it's sh1t prizes.

Just won it there and got a 100k pack and a 15k pack. Was 3-1 down in the final with 10 to go and won it in normal time so I damn well earned the prize :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭alwald

To follow up on fut draft and it's sh1t prizes.

Just won it there and got a 100k pack and a 15k pack. Was 3-1 down in the final with 10 to go and won it in normal time so I damn well earned the prize :pac:

Anything good in the 100K pack?

After having problems with getting knocked out in the first round using 100 chem teams, I've won the first two matches in my current one with a three man CM of Gundogan, Muller and IF Ibrahimovic, with Hero Lewandowski and Hero Agureo in front of them.

**** chemistry and positions....

alwald wrote: »
    Anything good in the 100K pack?

I'm debating about keeping it for toty

I kept a load of 50k packs for tots last year, and I ended up with a few good pulls so I'm in 2 minds about what to do

But that red 1 on the store is just sitting there........teasing me...........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Why is the coin selling down, this has been a question brought up with the lads since we noticed lack of Ronaldo at division 8 level

astonaidan wrote: »
    Why is the coin selling down, this has been a question brought up with the lads since we noticed lack of Ronaldo at division 8 level

Splitting up the console/' transfer markets (Xbox 360 and Xbox One no longer share markets, neither does the PS3 and PS4) has made it harder to exploit certain glitches to milk coins, and price ranges has made it harder to transfer them to buyers (since you can't sell a bronze player for 2 million coins). They have also been handing out bans more more freely.

Splitting up the console/' transfer markets (Xbox 360 and Xbox One no longer share markets, neither does the PS3 and PS4) has made it harder to exploit certain glitches to milk coins, and price ranges has made it harder to transfer them to buyers (since you can't sell a bronze player for 2 million coins). They have also been handing out bans more more freely.

Another thing not directly responsible as u mentioned already but has made it harder is the removal of club names and details from transfer market.

The prices dont sem to be rising like we thought they would after last weekend, i dont really. Mind that tho its not a bad thing overall.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Reminder: Discussion about the decline of coin selling I will let continue, mention of any sites or anything dodgy and bans will be handed out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Another thing not directly responsible as u mentioned already but has made it harder is the removal of club names and details from transfer market.

The prices dont sem to be rising like we thought they would after last weekend, i dont really. Mind that tho its not a bad thing overall.

Ah I didnt know this, it was just something I picked up on and couldnt quiet figure out, since his price stayed around the same, well very high not sure if its the same :pac:

Managed to win the special Bronze cup thats up at the moment, thanks to my Bronze MLS team that I've not used since the game launched :P

Got Moreno and Lennon in my winning pack :/ Better than what I usually get I guess...

First Barkley gone for 44k :D 20k profit on him.

Going to resist blowing profits on a draft though. Want to actually start building up for some top level players.

The web app has a snowy field now :pac:

Have invested in IF Eriksen. See if upgrading my team leads to my flying down the ranks now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Consumables have started to pick up today, sold 12 fitness cards in the last 2 hours on Xbox

The web app has a snowy field now :pac:

Have invested in IF Eriksen. See if upgrading my team leads to my flying down the ranks now :P

Eriksen always destroys me he must be handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Eriksen always destroys me he must be handy.

Silva is probably my favourite outfield player in the game this year. Waltzes by tackles and links up the play beautifully. Cracker of a shot too

Silva is probably my favourite outfield player in the game this year. Waltzes by tackles and links up the play beautifully. Cracker of a shot too

Haven't used him but im thinking of using him in a Spanish league and prem league hybrid.

The ability to switch between max and min by using L2 makes selling consumables so much easier, so much time saved

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Has anyone else noticed that they are no longer receiving the free gift from logging into the Web app?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed that they are no longer receiving the free gift from logging into the Web app?

Its not an infinite thing. It ended a while after the game came out but then they ran it again for a short time. Usually you don't get anything for logging in for the most part.

Lenny17123 wrote: »

They'll be back round christmas I reckon

They'll be back round christmas I reckon

Yhh they will sart futmass next week nd all the special packs and all starts again more price drops wooop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭alwald

Yhh they will sart futmass next week nd all the special packs and all starts again more price drops wooop

Futmass next week? that's early....when are they going to give us those nice Futmass untradable packs?

alwald wrote: »
    Futmass next week? that's early....when are they going to give us those nice Futmass untradable packs?

Well towards next Friday onwards your looking at the 18th December so could be anytime then.

• Advertisement

Faced a super team today! 4 legends in it, Aguero, IF DeBruyne, IF Otamendi.

Beat them 2-1. He took an early lead, and then handicapping kicked in. First goal was a cross I floated into the box that his defender jumped for and missed completely, granting me an easy tap in. Then he couldn't string two passes together, until he finally gave away a dreadful penalty in the 85th minute; a gust of wind blew over Walcott and the ref pointed to the spot. Blasted it straight down the middle...his keeper just watched it fizz over his head. He screamed a little in frustration :P

Advertisement