Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 16

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

"Spain reserves"

:pac:

I know yhh i forget to change the name ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Anyone else having difficulty trying to find opponents in fut? For past week are so its taking ages to find an opponent ? Not changed any settings in my router or in game settings
    Had a lot of issues on XBox One in last week. Went a few days unable to find an opponent, then it worked ok for one night but later the same night had problems again.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Having Fifa 15 and getting future stars at a decent price....

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Easca Peasca

Manolas, Pereyra, Morata, Insigne, Gervinho and Guarin all added to the Serie A side. Narrowly avoided relegation from division 4, hoping to hold it again and go up to div.3 third time lucky :)

Nainggolan has been immense every time I've played against him. Anyone here have anything good or bad to say?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Manolas, Pereyra, Morata, Insigne, Gervinho and Guarin all added to the Serie A side. Narrowly avoided relegation from division 4, hoping to hold it again and go up to div.3 third time lucky :)

Nainggolan has been immense every time I've played against him. Anyone here have anything good or bad to say?

Nainggolan = Beast

He could literally play anywhere and still be the best

Marchisio has similar stats but Nainggolan always felt better

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

jayo26 wrote: »
    I know yhh i forget to change the name ha.

So glad this isn't just me. My PL team is currently called "Argentinians" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,484 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Anyone else encounter this before? It's actually the second time it has happened me now. My opponent either forfeits (the last time) or disconnects (this time) and I get no coins for the win. Then, my win is actually not recorded after saying originally it is. To add to the hurt then, my players' fitness and contracts still all went down. Some pile of shíte. Thankfully I don't spend extra money on the game.

Note: I was 2-0-2 going into this match.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Can't say I have, but I've read people having the issue elsewhere.

Speaking "Has anyone else seen...", I've noticed a new corner technique being attempted every game now. A player runs from inside the box to the corner taker (usually dragging a defender with him). Corner taker hits a hard pass out to someone on the edge of the box. The runner starts moving back into the box, usually shaking free the defender, and the player at the edge of the box passes it back in to the runner for a shot on goal from a tighter angle.

Last 4 matches, I've seen the move tried. I fell for it the first time but countered it the next three by sending the player chasing the runner to go mark the guy on the edge of the box.

Anyone else seen it? I'd take a wild guess there's a youtube video or vlogger or someone posting about it, and people are mimicing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Can't say I have, but I've read people having the issue elsewhere.

Speaking "Has anyone else seen...", I've noticed a new corner technique being attempted every game now. A player runs from inside the box to the corner taker (usually dragging a defender with him). Corner taker hits a hard pass out to someone on the edge of the box. The runner starts moving back into the box, usually shaking free the defender, and the player at the edge of the box passes it back in to the runner for a shot on goal from a tighter angle.

Last 4 matches, I've seen the move tried. I fell for it the first time but countered it the next three by sending the player chasing the runner to go mark the guy on the edge of the box.

Anyone else seen it? I'd take a wild guess there's a youtube video or vlogger or someone posting about it, and people are mimicing it?

No but I have seen more people attempt the corner trick that was in it last year where you crossed it to the man outside the box and he tries the volley. Hasn't worked yet but they came close a few times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Not seen that one. Saw a YouTube video from Krasi ( gives good tips ) a little similar. If you tap LT as soon as you get awarded a. corner the second man will be available when the corner screen comes up. Take the short corner then hard pass ( RB+X) to lad at outside edge of box followed by another hard pass to a player in the box who will usually get a great shot attempt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Think I just played a boards player there.

hard_luck345 - well done in the final

Won my first fut draft today. Got a gold pack and a rare players pack. Best player was vertogen or however ya spell it.
    Mighty

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Easca Peasca

One game left to play in division 3, 2 points short of promotion. Not overly bothered about going up as I'd get hammered straight back out of division 2 :D

Bagged Nainggolan and Buffon, both have been very solid buys. Surprised at how good Insigne is playing at striker given that he's only 73 shooting with Hunter. Helps when he's alongside a fairly dominant player like Callejon or Mandzukic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I've read that in the next update they are fixing the penalty situation. Also, they are adjusting the effect of fatigue so people can't pressure, pressure, pressure for 90 mins.

FIFA is weird sometimes. I had a bit of a slump on Thursday (1 win, 2 draws. 1 loss) and decided to try a rake of formations on Friday and I could not lose a match (11 wins, 1 draw), no matter what formation I was using. It's weird the way everything seems to go for you or against you.

I tried 4-3-2-1 before and it didn't work out very well (my LF and RF were getting lost a bit). I read it is one of the most common D1 formation so I said I'd give it another go, especially as Tevez needs less links this way. It seemed to work really well for me this time, with Di Maria and Nainggolan as the wider CMs. There were players making intelligent runs all over the place and lots of space. If I'm to use this formation, I want that IF Gaitan at LF to link with Tevez.

Started to warm to 4-2-3-1 (narrow), even though I find it very difficult to attack.

I have used 4-3-3(4) exclusively up to now, but it's starting to get more difficult to score goals with it against the better players.

v3ttel wrote: »
    I've read that in the next update they are fixing the penalty situation. Also, they are adjusting the effect of fatigue so people can't pressure, pressure, pressure for 90 mins.

FIFA is weird sometimes. I had a bit of a slump on Thursday (1 win, 2 draws. 1 loss) and decided to try a rake of formations on Friday and I could not lose a match (11 wins, 1 draw), no matter what formation I was using. It's weird the way everything seems to go for you or against you.

I tried 4-3-2-1 before and it didn't work out very well (my LF and RF were getting lost a bit). I read it is one of the most common D1 formation so I said I'd give it another go, especially as Tevez needs less links this way. It seemed to work really well for me this time, with Di Maria and Nainggolan as the wider CMs. There were players making intelligent runs all over the place and lots of space. If I'm to use this formation, I want that IF Gaitan at LF to link with Tevez.

Started to warm to 4-2-3-1 (narrow), even though I find it very difficult to attack.

I have used 4-3-3(4) exclusively up to now, but it's starting to get more difficult to score goals with it against the better players.

I'm using 433_2 formation it's similar feel as 4321 but with a cdm and I've one of my wingers set to cut inside it works well for me at moment but as you said I go threw days where I can't get a win and then I go threw days where I can't loose.

I made it to div 2 the other day and Beauly missed out on promotion to div one by 2 points. Next 3 seasons im relegated one after the other back to div 5 and now I'm after getting promoted back to div 2 in straight seasons and wining championships too.

Won my first fut draft today. Got a gold pack and a rare players pack. Best player was vertogen or however ya spell it.
    Mighty

50k and 100k packs are a lot harder this year to pack the big players, there's a lot more rare players in 16 than in 15. I think it's something like 200 more, so a lot more discard players

50k and 100k packs are a lot harder this year to pack the big players, there's a lot more rare players in 16 than in 15. I think it's something like 200 more, so a lot more discard players

Yeah I know it's one of the main reasons why I've opened f**k all packs this year as my luck will be even worse then before :P just wanted something better for my effort.of winning the fut draft :)

I'm using 433_2 formation it's similar feel as 4321 but with a cdm and I've one of my wingers set to cut inside it works well for me at moment but as you said I go threw days where I can't get a win and then I go threw days where I can't loose.

I made it to div 2 the other day and Beauly missed out on promotion to div one by 2 points. Next 3 seasons im relegated one after the other back to div 5 and now I'm after getting promoted back to div 2 in straight seasons and wining championships too.

Its weird, because I've heard that like in normal seasons, FUT seasons groups players by a range of divisions rather than 1.

1-3, 4-7, 7-10. That's why long runs of relegation from D2 to D5 doesn't really make sense. Maybe it's a combination of frustration and forcing things against better players.

From now on, if I go on a run of more than 2 or 3 win-less games, I'll just take a break for a few hours or days.

Its weird, because I've heard that like in normal seasons, FUT seasons groups players by a range of divisions rather than 1.

1-3, 4-7, 7-10. That's why long runs of relegation from D2 to D5 doesn't really make sense. Maybe it's a combination of frustration and forcing things against better players.

From now on, if I go on a run of more than 2 or 3 win-less games, I'll just take a break for a few hours or days.

I took a break for a week and continued on where i left off haha, i donno how to explain it i always put it down to my lack of patience but i dont feel im playing any different it just seems to go again me ha.

On the other hand i was playing a guy last night and he peppered me with long shots the whole game had about 20 on target it was 1_1 and i scored in 80th minute to go ahead, then he got what should of been a rebound tap in goal but it was ruled out for offside dispite me havind a defender on the line, i felt so sorry for the guy but i was pissing myself laughing at same time.

First time i ever see a offside wrongly called.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 133 ✭✭da6xsi

anyone else having problems with getting control of defenders it seems like half the time the computer always drags the cb away from middle allowing loads of space to run into its heavily annoying as when you switch to the player by time he corrects it and runs after the striker its too late

• Advertisement

The main reason people seem to go on streaks of winning, and streaks of losing is because of matchmaking. After a few wins, your elo rating goes up and you get matched against better players. After a few loses, your rating goes down and you get matched against worse players. Your elo only changes after you switch off fifa, so that's why "streaks" of winning and losing are so prevalent.

The placebo effect helps a lot too, and your general attitude to what's happening. I've a friend who is uber competitive, and is good at fifa, but if you score first he'll claim bs and get pissed off and he's easy beaten. He scores first, the skill moves come out and he's too good.

Anyway as was said yesterday there is an update for ps4 and xbox now has some interesting game play changes it's now live for xbox and ps4.

2ziucet.jpg

The main reason people seem to go on streaks of winning, and streaks of losing is because of matchmaking. After a few wins, your elo rating goes up and you get matched against better players. After a few loses, your rating goes down and you get matched against worse players. Your elo only changes after you switch off fifa, so that's why "streaks" of winning and losing are so prevalent.

The placebo effect helps a lot too, and your general attitude to what's happening. I've a friend who is uber competitive, and is good at fifa, but if you score first he'll claim bs and get pissed off and he's easy beaten. He scores first, the skill moves come out and he's too good.

Not sure about this. People are matched up in blocks of 3 divisions, so you should never have a massive difference in quality of opponents.

Whenever I'm on a winless run and getting a heap of penalties given against me, I usually take a break and restart the game. It doesn't seem to ever help. I'm not sure it's elo.

Anyway as was said yesterday there is an update for ps4 and xbox now has some interesting game play changes it's now live for xbox and ps4.

2ziucet.jpg

I'm interested to see how much difference the updates the physics and rules system make.

The refs have been particularly bad for the last 2 or 3 FIFAs, but this year has been the worst ever.

I would have thought they would have fixed it before now if they could have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

I'm interested to see how much difference the updates the physics and rules system make.

The refs have been particularly bad for the last 2 or 3 FIFAs, but this year has been the worst ever.

I would have thought they would have fixed it before now if they could have.

That's the point, they are unable to fix these issues for a number of years now, IMO the game has gotten worse year on year especially the UT mode, the regular seasons mode is much better.

I think its time for me to give up buying this game, I am not saying this because I just lost a match or got relegated, no, I didn't play this game for more than a week, I just played other games and I realised that I enjoyed the other games more and that my stress level has gone down.

I love the UT idea and concept, its brilliant, the webapp and companion app are great too, the game play is very poor, I just played the free PES myclub game and the game play is way better than UT.

Penalty and ref decisions are still as bad after the patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

Just noticed the refs don't use the magic shaving foam to mark free kicks ? Have I somehow knocked this off ?? Or is it only in certain game play modes

• Registered Users Posts: 14,484 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Just noticed the refs don't use the magic shaving foam to mark free kicks ? Have I somehow knocked this off ?? Or is it only in certain game play modes

Ya it's not in online play it seems.

5 in-game minutes into one of my first games since the patch, 2 random frees for the opposition.

They do seem to call less fouls overall though. In the next game, he only called one foul for the entire match. Shame it was for a perfectly good standing tackle on the edge of my box where I won the ball. Of course, my opponent scores from the free kick to make it 1-1 and draws the match.

Typical FIFA.

• Advertisement

Say its going to be a boring totw this year for spanish and italian leagues not many big name performance.

Di maria has to be a cert and hernandez for his hatrick.

Advertisement