Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Someone recommended Tevez a few pages back. Built a relatively cheap enough team round him thats all Argentinians, bar Hart in goal.
    Hart
    Zabaleta - Rojo - Otamendi - Insua
    Pastore - Banega
    Pereyra
    IF Lamela
    Lavezzi
    Tevez

4 games played, three wins, one (narrow) loss. While Tevez hasn't scored, his pressing is unreal; the four players at the front of the attack close down defenders so, so quickly. Finding people are having to hoof the ball forward to get it up the field, which suits grand cause I can usually mop it up and start attacking. A tonne of fun. Thanks :D

Whats IF Lamela like?

I was considering building a team like this, but I would want more defensive players at CM than Pastore and Banega.

Gaitan is worth considering also. He's a fantastic LW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

v3ttel wrote: »
    Whats IF Lamela like?

I was considering building a team like this, but I would want more defensive players at CM than Pastore and Banega.

+1 for Gaitan. The ball just seems to stick to his foot.

Have scored some absolute worldies with him.

+1 for Gaitan. The ball just seems to stick to his foot.

Have scored some absolute worldies with him.

His dribbling is absolutely unbelievable. I've been trying to work out what it is about him. Others also have 86 dribbling & similar traits, but just don't feel as responsive as he is.

For the first 10 games he have the loyalty bonus, so he didn't have his shooting boost. He couldn't beat any keeper at all, but after the 10th game, he suddenly started scoring everything.

Do we expect Black Friday deals and another market crash?

Considering holding off buying Tevez until then. I only have 80K coins, so won't be able to put much of a team around him if I buy him today. Another 5K off his price on Friday would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Do we expect Black Friday deals and another market crash?

Considering holding off buying Tevez until then. I only have 80K coins, so won't be able to put much of a team around him if I buy him today. Another 5K off his price on Friday would be nice.

Going on last year, the crash really happened a few hours before the black friday packs. People panic and start selling and undercutting etc

Can't remember how big the crash was though, if you look at futbin prices have already tumbled this week so it mightn't be much of a crash at all. There's also the small chance of an increase in prices, lots of people are expecting a crash friday so will have sold up and will want to buy back their top players

It could go either way I think

• Advertisement

What's the deal with Black Friday packs?

Discounted prices or ..?

I didn't play until Christmas last year so didn't see any of it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Whats IF Lamela like?

IF Lamela is grand, though can't say I've noticed anything special. He's scored me 3 freekicks in the last five games though, and he's got the speed and skill to do really well. Also find he's pretty solid defensively as well; him and Zab are closing down that side of things constantly.

As for Gaitan, I'm enjoying Lavezzi at the moment. Most of my play is coming through him, bombing down the wing, and working his way into the box for the cut back. Might grab Gaitan as a sub though.

You're right about the defensive element of midfield, but my playstyle has always been suicidal anyway, so I don't mind. I'm outscoring people at the moment, which is fun :P Might in time see about dropping the midfield back, using two CDMs, and seeing how Mascherano and Garay or Otamendi do as CDMs :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

YouTubers making FIFA videos about selling up now creates a bigger crash :D

What's the deal with Black Friday packs?

Discounted prices or ..?

I didn't play until Christmas last year so didn't see any of it.

I'm afraid there's no discounted prices, never is with EA

Going on other years, there will be 25k and 35k packs available all weekend, and lightning rounds of 50k and 100k packs.

Nothing too special really

I'm afraid there's no discounted prices, never is with EA

Going on other years, there will be 25k and 35k packs available all weekend, and lightning rounds of 50k and 100k packs.

Nothing too special really

Ah. Standard EA so.

It'll flood the market with new cards, forcing the price of everything down even further. Great for buying, dire for selling!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Made myself a Seria A team, after finishing it, Figured Id pay at least 5 times as much maybe more if it was a Premier league team of similar quality.

Buffon, Maicon, Vidic, De Vrj, Asanldi, De Rossi, Pjanic, Strootman, Anderson, Candreva, Dzeko
    With quality subs aswell cost me about 30K maybe a little less tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

astonaidan wrote: »
    Made myself a Seria A team, after finishing it, Figured Id pay at least 5 times as much maybe more if it was a Premier league team of similar quality.

Buffon, Maicon, Vidic, De Vrj, Asanldi, De Rossi, Pjanic, Strootman, Anderson, Candreva, Dzeko
    With quality subs aswell cost me about 30K maybe a little less tbh

What's Dzeko like? Been using Mandzukic and Dybala in Serie A teams so far, completely forgot that's where he was!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

hots wrote: »
    What's Dzeko like? Been using Mandzukic and Dybala in Serie A teams so far, completely forgot that's where he was!

I like him, good in the air good finisher, but most my goals come from my wingers, hes my target man pretty much

YEAY! Finally out of Div 5 into Div 4.

Dropped Benega, switched to 4-4-2 and got Higuian...who got 7 goals in 3 games. Was one of my favs last year and still seems to be a beast :D

Now to be murdered in Div 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Got 2500 coins today as my free gift thats by far the most ive ever got for logging in, think i got 5000 coins in a pack once.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Got 2500 coins today as my free gift thats by far the most ive ever got for logging in, think i got 5000 coins in a pack once.

bronze gift pack ftw

I got my third silver gift pack in three days.

F*ck yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I got my third silver gift pack in three days.

F*ck yeah.

Same! That's a cool couple hundred coins added to the Suarez fund :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Eoghan.

Looking at updating my Bpl and serie a teams have 175k to spend. Below are my original teams and my possible new teams any comments on these would be great. Players I'm slow to change are Herrera, wljnaldum, Albiol and Allen but their replacements stats seem better and eriksen and nainiglon were quality in fut15 for me. Any other players ye would add to these teams or players I have added whom you didn't like

Griezmann and Martinez are still bloody useless for me. They have 2 goals between them in a combined 20 games. Just look at how far wide Martinez puts this with his 88 finishing and 84 volleys.

Compare that to Dimitri Payet (78 rated) who has scored or assisted in 27 of 30 games for me. Aboubakar has 40 goals for me in as many games.

Anyway, this is my next target squad:

KAjJ1l9.png

Hopefully they don't play like a bunch of knobs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,422 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Eoghan. wrote: »
    Looking at updating my Bpl and serie a teams have 175k to spend. Below are my original teams and my possible new teams any comments on these would be great. Players I'm slow to change are Herrera, wljnaldum, Albiol and Allen but their replacements stats seem better and eriksen and nainiglon were quality in fut15 for me. Any other players ye would add to these teams or players I have added whom you didn't like

You could do with a more pacey CAM in the English Premier League team really. I'd imagine counter attack goals would be at a minimum for you?

Bojan might be worth a look?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Just won the Online Movember Cup, got a draft token in the premium gold reward pack - can't say I've heard 'in thread' of any tokens being packed so thought I'd share. Just when I had banished that mode to the back of my mind too. Nice move EA, nice move.

Liamalone wrote: »
    Just won the Online Movember Cup, got a draft token in the premium gold reward pack - can't say I've heard 'in thread' of any tokens being packed so thought I'd share. Just when I had banished that mode to the back of my mind too. Nice move EA, nice move.

They're very rare. I've seen streamers do 1 million coin pack openings and get none, a few times. Currently on 0 myself and I've played the draft ~40 times, I've opened a lot of packs and haven't got one

They're worth 15k technically, so there's a reason they're so rare

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

They're very rare. I've seen streamers do 1 million coin pack openings and get none, a few times. Currently on 0 myself and I've played the draft ~40 times, I've opened a lot of packs and haven't got one

They're worth 15k technically, so there's a reason they're so rare

I gather that they are rare, so I posted to ensure the myth stays strong lol

Liamalone wrote: »

Was going to post asking if anyone had seen one. You're the first person online who I've seen get one. They really made it out that they'd be a bit more common when promoting the concept.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I've had three, all in packs opened on a Monday that I got free from the deluxe edition. Every time I've got it I haven't played the draft in a good while.. I'm sitting on a token atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

im unable to get the web app as my phone doesnt have enough ram, worked fine last year, and my tablet wont let me download it as its designed for a phone, anyway around this would love to get the free gifts(for all the use they are) but also was great for trading last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

seamie78 wrote: »
    im unable to get the web app as my phone doesnt have enough ram, worked fine last year, and my tablet wont let me download it as its designed for a phone, anyway around this would love to get the free gifts(for all the use they are) but also was great for trading last year

If you have an android tablet which i assume you do try this

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/electronic-arts/fifa-16-ut/fifa-16-ultimate-team-2-0-102647-android-apk-download/

Or try googling fut 16 apk for a newer version but i think tat one will update it when you install it.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

cheers for that il try it later when i get home

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Yhh they could do i thought iniesta was excellent

We were both right :pac:

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSFIFA/status/669531016143478786

Advertisement