Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 16

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I can't sell any of my players at all! This price crash is killing me.

I've picked up a few bargains for sure, but I've got 15 players transfer listed at a loss from what I spent and I can't shift them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I've picked up a few bargains for sure, but I've got 15 players transfer listed at a loss from what I spent and I can't shift them!!

Thats why i try to steer clear of trading with players and stick to consumables

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Prices have gone down so much though that your coins are worth more, so while you actual number of coins may be down, you'll be able to do more with the coins you get

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I got Hazard for 240k last week. Can't shift him for 180k now :(

I know coins will be worth more, but I want rid of him now cause his price is only going to keep going down :(

jayo26 wrote: »
    Thats why i try to steer clear of trading with players and stick to consumables

what consumables do you be trading to afford Ronaldo ? :pac:

• Advertisement

what consumables do you be trading to afford Ronaldo ? :pac:

Fitness cards and injury cards mostly buy 100 cards for cheap as possible and sell them for 300 more making 25k for every 100 cards that sells.

Fitness cards and injury cards mostly buy 100 cards for cheap as possible and sell them for 300 more making 25k for every 100 cards that sells.

Do the same thing myself sometimes, but there's a lot of competition for the cards unless it's early in the morning or late at night, constant getting locked out of the web app when I do it as well

Do the same thing myself sometimes, but there's a lot of competition for the cards unless it's early in the morning or late at night, constant getting locked out of the web app when I do it as well

I find the app is fine most of the time, but if I'm tracking something I know there's competition for, it tends to freeze up or kick me.

--

Managed to sell off a few of my cards now thank god. I've been waiting bloody ages. Might try my consumables now. Have looooads.

I usually spend an hour buying cards before i go up to bed on an average night its easy to get 100 cards or sometimes 150 then ill list them and relist them a few times the next day. At the start it was alot easier to make 70k to 100k a day because tey were selling for higher prices.

Jamie Vardy is going for some decent prices ATM if anyone fancies selling up. I got him for 3-4k ages ago for a silver team I don't use much anymore. He was my second choice striker behind Callum Wilson so reckon I'll cash in if I can get 15k+.

• Advertisement

I do the consumables trading on Xbox, but I think its way, way slower than on PS4. At least based on talking to other people. I bought 30 gold contracts yesterday, and still have 15 of them left. Some cycles there's none sell, others 5 or 6 can go. But it's enough to fund my draft habit anyway, and I've got 400k and a few decent enough teams to keep me happy :P

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I do the consumables trading on Xbox, but I think its way, way slower than on PS4. At least based on talking to other people. I bought 30 gold contracts yesterday, and still have 15 of them left. Some cycles there's none sell, others 5 or 6 can go. But it's enough to fund my draft habit anyway, and I've got 400k and a few decent enough teams to keep me happy :P

I think its down to getting the ballance right in the selling price, if i buy 100 fitness cards for 950 and list them for 1400 i wil sell a maybe 10 per hour where as if i list them at 1200 ill sell the whole lot, now thats 20k instead of just 3k or 4k.

Contracts are harder to make money from as the prices are so low and so many of them out there. They are safe investment tho because they will always sell.

I've tried doing fitness cards at 150-200 profit, but still go very slow. I'm making the same profit on contracts and realistically having the same rate of sales without the same level of investment (given a contract is 250 coins and a fitness tends to be 900-1100).

I've tried doing fitness cards at 150-200 profit, but still go very slow. I'm making the same profit on contracts and realistically having the same rate of sales without the same level of investment (given a contract is 250 coins and a fitness tends to be 900-1100).

Fair enough it must be different to ps4 so,

Who would you say is your favorite player so far?

Who would you say is your favorite player so far?

Easily Muller; he's 35 goals in 50 games for me. He'd have more but I spent 10 games trying to move him round to fit Lewandowski into the squad, trying him as a CAM and the likes, and he wasn't as effective. As a striker, he's pretty much a goal a game for me, and scores from everywhere, long range, short range, headers, whatever. Been a beast for me :D

Liked Suarez whenever I've got him in the draft though.

You?

Easily Muller; he's 35 goals in 50 games for me. He'd have more but I spent 10 games trying to move him round to fit Lewandowski into the squad, trying him as a CAM and the likes, and he wasn't as effective. As a striker, he's pretty much a goal a game for me, and scores from everywhere, long range, short range, headers, whatever. Been a beast for me :D

Liked Suarez whenever I've got him in the draft though.

You?

Well apart from ronnie who is unbelievable im gonna say martinez i find him brilliant a real bull.

Another player i love is in form Krychowiack he is one of the best defensive midfielders iv used and he gets a few goals too.

I've had a lot of joy with tricky wingers - Mo Salah and Theo Walcott have won games for me on their own.

I've also been surprised with how good Marek Hamsik is for me. Scores from everywhere. Never seems to misplace a pass either, which the opposite of most of my CAMs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭alwald

I've also been surprised with how good Marek Hamsik is for me. Scores from everywhere. Never seems to misplace a pass either, which the opposite of most of my CAMs!

Awful stats but great in game, unbelievable shooting from outside the box, I love him, the thing is there aren't any decent Serie A strikers that I fancy.

alwald wrote: »
    Awful stats but great in game, unbelievable shooting from outside the box, I love him, the thing is there aren't any decent Serie A strikers that I fancy.

If you get a chance at in form felipe anderson as striker try him he is really good, has 4 star skills and weak foot is fast and has high shot power. I tried him in a brazil team and he got a lot of goals.

alwald wrote: »

I've tried Higuain, Dzeko, Menez, Rossi and Balotelli to varying degrees of success. Higuain is my best, he has a habit of scoring goals that just shouldn't happen. Only issue is he tends to miss shots that he should be burying. Dzeko is a decent back-up, but same issues. Menez is a better CAM, Rossi and Balo aren't worthwhile.

I'm told Morata, converted Gabbiadini and Dyabala are the ones to have so am going to try them once I finish building up my PL team.

The rest of my Serie A team is top notch. Buffon-Lichsteiner-Bonucci-Barzagli-Evra-Pjanic-Marchisio-Hamsik-Salah-Gervino-Higuain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭alwald

The rest of my Serie A team is top notch. Buffon-Lichsteiner-Bonucci-Barzagli-Evra-Pjanic-Marchisio-Hamsik-Salah-Gervino-Higuain.

I tried all the strikers mentioned except Dybala, currently playing with Morata and Gabbiadini, they are just all right, loved Cerci when I was in lower divisions so I shall try him again.
    I have a similar team except I play with 2 STs, 1 CAM and 1 CDM so I have Handanovic, Lichsteiner, Miranda, Barzagli, Evra, De Rossi, Hamsik, Salah, Gervinho, Morata and Gabbiadini.
    I had Pjanic before and I loved him, decent player.

Really hoping that iniesta gets an in form this week ill be all over it.

Really hoping that iniesta gets an in form this week ill be all over it.

Do they give 2 people from one game an in form ? Suarez is a shoe in imo, he'll sell more packs than Iniesta

Do they give 2 people from one game an in form ? Suarez is a shoe in imo, he'll sell more packs than Iniesta

Yhh they could do i thought iniesta was excellent

Someone recommended Tevez a few pages back. Built a relatively cheap enough team round him thats all Argentinians, bar Hart in goal.
    Hart
    Zabaleta - Rojo - Otamendi - Insua
    Pastore - Banega
    Pereyra
    IF Lamela
    Lavezzi
    Tevez

4 games played, three wins, one (narrow) loss. While Tevez hasn't scored, his pressing is unreal; the four players at the front of the attack close down defenders so, so quickly. Finding people are having to hoof the ball forward to get it up the field, which suits grand cause I can usually mop it up and start attacking. A tonne of fun. Thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Hey folks,

Looking for a bit of help here. I'll try and keep it short. I'm in the process of doing a RTG with a bpl team. The conditions are that I am only allowed to buy players from the match/promotion coins that I earn. Up to now things have been running smoothly and I now find my self in division two. But what I feel is that either my team, players or formation are not up to this level. I have not changed my style of play at all.

Here is my team:

Begovic
    Clichy Fonte Sakho Coleman
    Schneiderlin Matic Ramires
    Young Welbeck Navas

I have 10.6k to spend. Are there any suggestions anyone can make on an upgrade to the team, or does 4321 not suit the higher levels.

Last year was my first FUT and I won Div 1 so I know I can do it, but just feel that I won't be able to do it with this team without changing something.

Anyway, thanks for any help in advance, sorry for the essay!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Your midfield seems way too defensive. I play 4321 and I try to have 1 all rounder, CM has to have the best defensive stats and my other spot goes to a playmaker like Calhanoglu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Looking for a bit of help here. I'll try and keep it short. I'm in the process of doing a RTG with a bpl team. The conditions are that I am only allowed to buy players from the match/promotion coins that I earn. Up to now things have been running smoothly and I now find my self in division two. But what I feel is that either my team, players or formation are not up to this level. I have not changed my style of play at all.

Here is my team:

Begovic
    Young Welbeck Navas

As was said, there's no creativity in that midfield. I personally prefer having a CAM with two defensive midfielders behind him. Currently you've got 7 defensive players outfield and only 3 offensive. Adding in a CAM puts that ratio to 6:4 and adds a lot more potency to your attacks, while your defense remains strong.

I'd switch from 4321 to 4231(2) and drop Ramires for a CAM. I like Firmino personally but by all means explore the options in the BPL.

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Here is my team:

Begovic
    Young Welbeck Navas

I have 10.6k to spend. Are there any suggestions anyone can make on an upgrade to the team, or does 4321 not suit the higher levels.

Last year was my first FUT and I won Div 1 so I know I can do it, but just feel that I won't be able to do it with this team without changing something.

Anyway, thanks for any help in advance, sorry for the essay!!

Shaqiri is a demi-god for me. Between the high acceleration and agility, and a 4 star weak foot he can go either way and just glides past people. So much better than Sterling for me.

As was said above, your midfield does seem a bit defensive. Cabaye was very good for me while I had him. Schneiderlin does the same job as Matic but isn't as good, so I'd get rid of Schneiderlin.

Falcao would 100% be better than Welbeck. 4321 plays very narrow, and you already have pace coming in with your wingers, Falcao for his price is still fantastic.

Your keeper and defense is fine imo, can't think of anyone who isn't expensive who'd improve either position, personally I'd have Clyne/Vertonghen over Coleman/Sakho but if your defense is working, or anyone else for that matter then don't change it. It's your rtg and what works for you mightn't work for someone else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Cheers for the replies lads. Have a few players I'm going to try out and see if it helps. Thanks again :)

Advertisement