Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AROUND THE HORN! 2015 - Discuss Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

The argument for Dolph Ziggler being one of the most overrated internet darlings is a compelling one. I probably would have written something very similar if I had gotten that question.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Tbh, I'm just glad anyone voted Cesaro at all. Thought it was a shakey arguement, and I lost a bit of faith as I kept going, so thanks to everyone who voted for me :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm enjoying the one about best never to be world champ. Kinda funny how pretty much all the names that spring to mind for that one are Hogan era :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Ah, havent been on here all day! Delighted to have won, many thanks to all the voters.

Commiserations Lord TSC, that was some battle!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Myself and ImnotHulk go into the next round after 2 great match ups.

Great eforts by both Liz and Hashtag, who I personally though had me beat. A match worthy of the final and I feel my choice of Sandow won rather than my arguement as Hashtag had one hell of a point in Adam Roses miss use.

Poll up in the Cheese v Regan battle, and cheese has one more rebuttal left if he wants to use it.

The brackets are now -
    QF1 :Bounty Hunter vs MrNiceGuy
    QF2 : MrKiscool/Omackeral vs Imnothulk
    QF3 : GerryBBadd vs Beaker Joe
    OF4 : ChessieWagstaff/ BrianRegan vs WinnieThePoo/ TBC

I face Gerry again in the Q-Final, in a rematch from last year which Gerry Won

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

You did me proud Liz.

Of course, I'm not going to come out when the tournament is over and claim I was never actually eliminated and start a big clock for the era of Castormania

No just cash in instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Omackeral wrote: »
    This storyline writes itself. Liz goes on an amazing run and goes and wins the whole tournament. Then a spiteful CastorTroy returns out of nowhere and batters her declaring himself the Real World's Champion. They face off in a title vs title match, winner is undisputed champion.

I predicted this lads, get of your high horse! Anyway, my reply is up vs MrKisCool

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Omackeral wrote: »
    I predicted this lads, get of your high horse! Anyway, my reply is up vs MrKisCool
    Touch of real class in your opening two sentences. I appreciate that man, I knew when I drew you it was going to be a very good debate. Should have my reply up by early evening.

I had hoped to get it up last night (ha so did she, not so classy now :P) but had a soccer match straight after working 12 hours and was just wrecked so hit the shower and bed pretty much straight away. It's a good debate so far, cant wait to shoot straight with ya after and see what we really think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,503 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Well debated and congrats Imnotthehulk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

My choices when I saw the question were Rollins, Bryan and Kane. Three very different situations but I think Seth was 100% the best of the 3.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

surprised nobody went with Sting, yeah it's obvious but it's obvious for a reason. Rollins vs Angle, this will be interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

surprised nobody went with Sting, yeah it's obvious but it's obvious for a reason. Rollins vs Angle, this will be interesting

My problem with Sting is my problem with Angle; where do you from there?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

My problem with Sting is my problem with Angle; where do you from there?

To the bank! Nostalgia sells baby $$$$

nah seriously you have a point and it'l be interesting to see how it's countered by Winnie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Hey TBC. Great post. Hopefully get my reply tomorrow morning. My choices in my head where Angle, B.Wyatt(possible tag match) and Seth Rollins myself.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

no retirement match vs Kane ppppffffffffff and the brothers of destruction leave together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

I'd be in favour of that. Anything to get rid of Kane!

Can't wait for Kane to make his heroic return to save The Shield Sunday! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

My final rebuttal is up now. Possibly the most thrilling one so far, perhaps because it's been so drawn out. May the best man win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Great stuff dude and let me say win or lose I enjoyed the hell out of this debate and glad to see some of the other guys enjoying it too

Great match up between Brian and Cheese, voting is neck and neck so far and the poll closes in under 24 hours so vote if you havent already

Also two nice matches still brewing to close the round.

Nice to have something to read coming off of the night shift in work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

Brian and Cheese's match was a tough decision! Two great reads.

Congratulations on your own victory. It has reminded me I should watch more Marvel movies!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Sorry about the delay Omackeral, orientation for college has me wrecked haha. On the bus to Tralee so had time to do it, best of luck now whatever happens! Going to be a good vote I'd say!

And done. Wrecked!

Poll up in match 8 between TBC and WTP.

Congrats to Chesse Wagstaff who got more votes than Brian Regan in a tough contest. Great argument Brian but unfortunately Cheese swayed more voters.

Mrkiscool v Omackeral is still on going until 2pm so get voting peeps. Its neck and neck at the minute with only 8 votes

Ill post up the first Q-Final match between MNG and BH later today and Bounty Hunter will post the next QFinal match between Gerry B Badd and myself later too.

Im out for revenge Gerry!

I guess I should probably start voting more in these! I've remained on the fence a lot throughout the first round because I've found it hard to choose one over another in most of the questions.

• Advertisement

I guess I should probably start voting more in these! I've remained on the fence a lot throughout the first round because I've found it hard to choose one over another in most of the questions.

Well Ill encourage you to vote for which one swayed you most, even if both arguments are fantastic. Its hard though in most cases.

Advertisement