Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AROUND THE HORN! 2015 - Discuss Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Omackeral wrote: »
    Cracking match up between beakerjoe and Hashtag_Heel. I'm in favour of both lads choices so far so whoever sells it best will get my vote. Both are very entertaining ideas and could work pretty well. Just on the Rose/Kruger thing, I recall a while back there was a vignette backstage where Adam Rose looked in a mirror and saw a 'lemon' (aka a buzzkill) staring back. I thought they could've given HH's idea a run then. All in all, a great match so far.

I remeber this,it turned out to be a comedy segemnt . Ah WWE

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I've my last rebuttal up - Lord TSC, been a pleasure!

My final rebuttal is also up, great game HH. Youre a tough cookie

BH can throw a poll up when he gets a chance.

The latest match is up and congrats to MNG who beat Stereomanic in a good battle. Great showing by both men, in particular Stereo whos new to the game.

Jeez, the beakerjoe / Hashtag_Heel match was some jousting fest - well done lads, very well argued from both sides

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

And done. Best of luck Gerry :)

Lord TSC wrote: »
    And done. Best of luck Gerry :)

Poll added to the Gerry/Lord TSC match! Great showing from both men here

The next match between TBC and WTP will be up within the hour and the final match, match 3 between MrKiscool v Omackeral will up on when MrK is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Have my work cut out for me on the final rebuttal, will have my reply up by 5/6 because I've to collect a family member from a hospital appointment.

Cracking game so far, well done Beaker

Have my work cut out for me on the final rebuttal, will have my reply up by 5/6 because I've to collect a family member from a hospital appointment.

Theres no rush my friend, family first. Ive enjoyed that battle and I know you will bring it in your final post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

beakerjoe wrote: »
    The latest match is up and congrats to MNG who beat Stereomanic in a good battle. Great showing by both men, in particular Stereo whos new to the game.

Cheers. I'm very surprised at the margin of victory which I think is harsh on Stereomaniac. It was a fun debate and I wanna say good game to him and thanks.

If I'm not mistaken my next match-up will be against Bounty Hunter which I'm not looking forward to as I know he's very good. He would have been one I'd look to avoid, but sure I'll give it a go.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Ill throw the poll up when you have it done and cheers for the kind words MNG though I think until last year (co-incidentally the first time I didn't run it) when I went on a nice little run I always crashed out in the first round having got the one question that could completely stump me every year.

anywhoo time for our draft rivalry to get re-ignited.

Ill throw the poll up when you have it done and cheers for the kind words MNG though I think until last year (co-incidentally the first time I didn't run it) when I went on a nice little run I always crashed out in the first round having got the one question that could completely stump me every year.

anywhoo time for our draft rivalry to get re-ignited.

Is it sad that Im already looking forward to the next draft!

Nope :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Very well thought out ideas. I'm impressed!

The TSC and Gerry poll isn't private. Not sure if it's supposed to be?

Very well thought out ideas. I'm impressed!

The TSC and Gerry poll isn't private. Not sure if it's supposed to be?

Yes, thats my bad. Its level so far and If BH or another mod can alter that it be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Have my 1st one up over to you Cheese

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Is it sad that Im already looking forward to the next draft!

A few days ago, I had what I consider a great idea for a story and now I want the draft to be tomorrow :pac:

I had no idea Scott Hall was never a WCW champion. That's quite a pick!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

This is the best ATH tournament yet in my opinion. The latest question is yet another doozy with loads of scope.

• Advertisement

Holy s#it I thought I'd never finish that response. So much to discuss over two very different guys

Wow. HH really fired up for the comeback!

I love the split personality idea but I'm not convinced by Rose' ability to pull it off. If they treated it seriously it could really work for a guy that's practically dead on his feet which as HH pointed out was the point of the question.

Also a huge Sandow fan, he's a brilliant talker and has huge charisma. I love the idea of leaving him off tv and giving him a revamp. Perhaps I'd be in favour of wiping the slate clean and looking for a way to utilise his mic skills and natural charisma.

Flip of a coin decision.

Holy s#it I thought I'd never finish that response. So much to discuss over two very different guys

Great battle, if I loss I know I gave it a good go and lost to a well deserving opponent, if I win I know I earned it.

Good luck my friend

Great battle, if I loss I know I gave it a good go and lost to a well deserving opponent, if I win I know I earned it.

Good luck my friend

Same goes for me. Brilliant battle and may the best man win, good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Best of luck to Mr. Nice Guy. He'd better go all the way so I don't look like a total jabroni low-life!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Could someone pm my opponent no sign of a reply yet

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Sorry for delay, wasn't around. My reply is up now :)

Did my and Lord TSC's contest end a draw? Bit disappointed with the amount of voters

maybe I should re-open the poll on that one.

Could reflect (the low number of voters) just how close your two arguments were with some not sure which way to vote so abstained, which of course it being a tie would also indicate.

Usually in the case of a draw like this we went for sudden death vote, where next to pick up 1 would win but I could open it for another day and see what happens as it'l be a while till the next rd starts anyway as we havent even added polls for some Qs yet iirc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'd say it being the weekend was also a factor in the low vote for those lads. Perhaps it would be best to stick up the poll for another 48 hours?

Advertisement