Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AROUND THE HORN! 2015 - Discuss Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Was waiting for beaker but if he wants more/less I can change it again anyway. The option reads

Close poll ___ days after 11-09-2015

and I put in 4. Honestly can't recall if it's 4 days after the time on the 11th it was posted or from when the 11th started (00:00) but either way it's back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Was waiting for beaker but if he wants more/less I can change it again anyway. The option reads

Close poll ___ days after 11-09-2015

and I put in 4. Honestly can't recall if it's 4 days after the time on the 11th it was posted or from when the 11th started (00:00) but either way it's back up.

Its usually 4 days from when the poll is posted. id say the weekend had a hand in the voting turn out, as the polls that went up all had low voting turn out. I know myself, I was very busy the weekend myself.

In the interest of fairness, with the poll reopen on TSC v Gerry and the lower voter turn out Ill have a mod re oprn my match with Hashtag. and Hulk and Liz for 1 more day.

So far we have one QF set with Bounty Hunter taking on MNG and ill pop up the reaining first round matches in the hour.

Welcome back to MrKiscool..... the final matches are up guys. have at it and vote if you can on other matches

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Welcome back to MrKiscool..... the final matches are up guys. have at it and vote if you can on other matches
    Thanks, also is this just current wrestlers or anyone at all?

• Advertisement

mrkiscool2 wrote: »

Anyone at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Anyone at all.

I took it to mean anyone active at the moment but the question has been blown wide open now. I'll get on this this evening. Welcome back MrK

Oh its anyone, doesnt have to be WWE roster restrictive too. Theres many internet darlings through out wrestling at the minute and in history, choose who you think doesnt the deserve all the praise and hoopla

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Good to see everyone putting in such an effort on this. It's really enjoyable I must say even after I've been eliminated. Some pretty good ideas floating around. Start a promotion!

Risky decision going for Ziggler. There were two other guys I could have picked that I may not have believed in but would have helped. Picking Ziggler could go against me, but I truly believe what I wrote.

• Advertisement

The picture you used is perfect....

Risky decision going for Ziggler. There were two other guys I could have picked that I may not have believed in but would have helped. Picking Ziggler could go against me, but I truly believe what I wrote.

Was gonna pick him myself, f*ck!!!!! Now I've to argue against my instincts. Balls.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Was gonna pick him myself, f*ck!!!!! Now I've to argue against my instincts. Balls.

Ah theres so many great answers IMO, lots of scope

So what way are the brackets looking after this round is over and done with, who faces who?

So what way are the brackets looking after this round is over and done with, who faces who?

QF1 :Bounty Hunter vs MrNiceGuy
    QF2 : MrKiscool/Omackeral vs Imnothulk/ Jp Liz
    QF3 :Lord TSC/GerryBBadd vs Hashtag Heel/Beaker Joe
    OF4 : ChessieWagstaff/ BrianRegan vs WinnieThePoo/ TBC

Ah theres so many great answers IMO, lots of scope

Oh I know, it's just I was formulating reasons why I think he's overrated, now I've to go against myself ha! I've someone in mind, will do it later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Hey just home from work now. Hopefully have mine up in the next couple of hours. Awesome question.

I'm not long in from work myself chaps so getting down to doing up my opening post. Have my choice made..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

My first post up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

My last reply up this was alot harder than i thought best of luck Cheese

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I'll have my choice up around lunch time tomorrow

I'm in with my choice for overrated Internet darling.

Omackeral wrote: »
    I'm in with my choice for overrated Internet darling.
    Yep, he was one of the ones I considered. Him or Christian would have been good, but if you had chosen Wyatt you would have won as I love the chap too much haha.

I never even thought of Christian, that's a good shout. The Scott Hall vs Roddy Piper for Best to Never Hold the World Title is a cracking match. Cheese and BrianRegan have brought the fight and it's getting a bit heated too, check it out if you haven't. I could go either way on what I've read so far but there is one more rebuttal to come.

QF1 :Bounty Hunter vs MrNiceGuy
    QF2 : MrKiscool/Omackeral vs Imnothulk/ Jp Liz
    QF3 :Lord TSC/GerryBBadd vs Hashtag Heel/Beaker Joe
    OF4 : ChessieWagstaff/ BrianRegan vs WinnieThePoo/ TBC
    Cool, cheers for posting.

2 hours left to go in the GerrybBadd v Lord TSC match..... voting is tight so vote if you havent.....

Also Im laughing at BrianRegens line of "Vince had teh horn for him" in reference to Hogan. It just made me laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 85,561 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Christian overrated no way :p

Congratulations to GerryBBadd and commiserations to Lord TSC, a very good argument dished out and it was only 2 votes in it in the end.

• Advertisement

I'll start on my rebuttal later tonight as I'm in work til 8pm and have a soccer match at 9. Congrats Gerry and hard luck TSC , that was neck and neck as far as I could see.

Advertisement