Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AROUND THE HORN! 2015 - Discuss Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Just to check, whats the time limit on this? I'm sorry its taking so long to respond, just wanted to check if I had to do it tonight, or if I can work on it tonight and post it in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,572 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm taking CastorTroy's spot so please bear with me and apologies for delay, that is one hell of an opener from Imnotthehulk

• Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, I'm dropping out since I don't think I'd be able to devote enough time, especially if I got through since be cut off from the web a few times over the next week or 2. So decided to get out now and give someone else a chance.

But yeah, I was thinking of the comic hero route as well but couldn't think of one that could be used. I'll give my planned idea after Liz posts. But Imnotthehulk made a good post.

Thanks beakerjoe for the question and organising anyway and Liz for taking my place. I'm sure you'll do me proud. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

This storyline writes itself. Liz goes on an amazing run and goes and wins the whole tournament. Then a spiteful CastorTroy returns out of nowhere and batters her declaring himself the Real World's Champion. They face off in a title vs title match, winner is undisputed champion.

Spoilers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

In some cyber-verse that is all being played out to a packed house with an audience of thousands!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

Sorry to see CasterTroy go .... but JP Liz certainly put up a great answer.

I have to say, it does feel quite a bit .... mean.... trying to rip holes in someone else's answer!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Well with castor Gone, JP Liz is now in against ImnottheHulk..... so have at it you guys,

Same question so its now up to JP Liz to answer her side.

Connamara Man is the next Reserve.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Just to check, whats the time limit on this? I'm sorry its taking so long to respond, just wanted to check if I had to do it tonight, or if I can work on it tonight and post it in the morning.

Not really time limit once you intend on answering and have made contact that your delayed

Ok I really should look at the match threads before here. Liz has gone ahead and taken her place and Lord TSC has got his answer in.

Congrats to Bounty Hunter as he is teh first Q/Finalist as he beat SureWhyWouldntYa in a good battle which should have been tighter in my opinion.

My match with Hashtag is up next and Bounty Hunter shall be posting that question, work load permitting. It will begin when one of the on going matches has its replies and poll up.

• Advertisement

So now it's just like Marvel's Civil War. Good answers from both.

My idea was to bring in Jennifer Lawrence in a way to help promote the divas division.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So now it's just like Marvel's Civil War. Good answers from both.

My idea was to bring in Jennifer Lawrence in a way to help promote the divas division.

I would have gone the Kanye route myself, heat magnet. People would pay to see him eat a Cesaro Uppercut

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

If Beaker gets through i'll try and think up a new question but this classic at least leaves open a near unlimited possibility of answers in how you book the person you pick.

O and woot I get to have another go! fair play to SWWY though I actually really liked his idea for Cody whom I do wish the WWE did more for especially back around the time the question asked about.

If Beaker gets through i'll try and think up a new question but this classic at least leaves open a near unlimited possibility of answers in how you book the person you pick.

O and woot I get to have another go! fair play to SWWY though I actually really liked his idea for Cody whom I do wish the WWE did more for especially back around the time the question asked about.

Im having a problem choosing one person in particular, have so much to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Im having a problem choosing one person in particular, have so much to choose from.

Welcome to the club. I'm caught between 3 very different personalities

Welcome to the club. I'm caught between 3 very different personalities

Ive picked mine, just figuring out a way to maximise his/her rejuvination.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Got my first argument / rebuttal in. Really great question!

Sandow was one that sprang to mind immediately for me by that is a very interesting proposed use for Rose so gotta say I'm looking forward to the counters and rebuttals on that one cos I think i'll need them to decide how i'll vote

Sandow was one that sprang to mind immediately for me by that is a very interesting proposed use for Rose so gotta say I'm looking forward to the counters and rebuttals on that one cos I think i'll need them to decide how i'll vote

Immediately thought of Sandow, Ryder and Rose when I saw the question. Three lads with plenty of talent just starving for a real break

Zack Ryder should have been in a main event of a pay per view somewhere along the line really.

• Advertisement

Rebuttal up

Zack Ryder should have been in a main event of a pay per view somewhere along the line really.

Ah now, come on!

2011 when he was starting to get himself over online. Surely on an off-month, multi man match!

I think he could have cemented himself as a mid carder of they used him better due to his popularity at the time and he could have had multiple runs with US/IC titles but thats the height of it. He's a jobber for life now

Cracking match up between beakerjoe and Hashtag_Heel. I'm in favour of both lads choices so far so whoever sells it best will get my vote. Both are very entertaining ideas and could work pretty well. Just on the Rose/Kruger thing, I recall a while back there was a vignette backstage where Adam Rose looked in a mirror and saw a 'lemon' (aka a buzzkill) staring back. I thought they could've given HH's idea a run then. All in all, a great match so far.

No love for Heath Slater?
    Personally I would've gone with Big Show. I mean they dropped the ball with him and he's now permanently a jobber as well. Ah well, he's only young and starting out. Maybe he'll have his day

Was going to make him the musical equivalent of the Miz but couldn't feel it.

Rebuttal up, whew that was a long one!

Personally I would've gone with Big Show. I mean they dropped the ball with him and he's now permanently a jobber as well. Ah well, he's only young and starting out. Maybe he'll have his day

*eye twitches*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Great debate going there can't wait to get mine under way :D

• Advertisement

Going to read a few more of these now lads. Everyone is playing a blinder as far as I can see.

Advertisement