Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AROUND THE HORN! 2015 - Discuss Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Voting going strong in BH v MNG, with 20 votes so far and still plenty of time for the match to go either way.

Only 11 votes in the Omackeral v ImnottheHulk match so get voting if you havent already.

Only 6 votes in my match with Gerry, so get voting folks!

Only 6??? Jaysus, and the blood, sweat and tears that we both shed in that battle for the ages.

Get voting lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Only 6??? Jaysus, and the blood, sweat and tears that we both shed in that battle for the ages.

Get voting lads!

I know,the scallywags! Maybe its a sign people cant decided. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I don't vote in anything unless I've read the whole thing and I takes ages to read through everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I don't vote in anything unless I've read the whole thing and I takes ages to read through everything.

Most of them are up 4 or 5 days at this stage :p

My latest entry is a bit of a monster - sorry!

I should look into getting it published on Kindle!:P:P:P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Great stuff so far in general...

I've voted on most after reading I always go back to the question and see who for me answered it best overall. Some I've been 50-50 on like not even having any sway either way

Just wondering could a mod pm me who I voted for in BH vs MNG

Great stuff so far in general...

I've voted on most after reading I always go back to the question and see who for me answered it best overall. Some I've been 50-50 on like not even having any sway either way

Just wondering could a mod pm me who I voted for in BH vs MNG

I know you'll find out when the poll is closed. Unsure if Mods have that ability TBH.

I always wait until the end of the match (when all 6 replies are up), as what can seem like a tremendous answer can be torn apart by a clever debater.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

I know you'll find out when the poll is closed. Unsure if Mods have that ability TBH.

I always wait until the end of the match (when all 6 replies are up), as what can seem like a tremendous answer can be torn apart by a clever debater.

I'm the same reason timing

The reason I ask I voted on my phone and may not have been paying full attention to who I voted for and was too late when I copped

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

yeah don't think I can check until it's done. That said I can see the current vote tally and it's been tough having this ability this time though, watching my vote lead disappear.

Remember people a vote for BH equals a vote for not getting banned!

yeah don't think I can check until it's done. That said I can see the current vote tally and it's been tough having this ability this time though, watching my vote lead disappear.

Sure you can just ban MNG if he wins so he cant compete...HEEL TURN BH

• Advertisement

Also its nerve racking not knowing how I'm doing (since Im not a mod) but can see others polls since I created them......

If found that, in any of the questions, when I go back to the page, the option I voted for appears in italics

Your right,I thought it only showed it once the voting had closed. Did you vote for the correct choice?

Your right,I thought it only showed it once the voting had closed. Did you vote for the correct choice?

I did surely! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Don't listen to him. Fight the power! :D
    beakerjoe wrote:
    Voting going strong in BH v MNG, with 20 votes so far and still plenty of time for the match to go either way.

Only 11 votes in the Omackeral v ImnottheHulk match so get voting if you havent already.

Only 6 votes in my match with Gerry, so get voting folks!

Feud of the year right here. Move over Lesnar and Taker. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

My idea has just gone up there. I really liked that question, I thought of so many plans and tried to bundle them all together. Hopefully it comes across okay!

Bounty Hunter
    Mr Nice Guy
    Mr Nice Guy
    Semi Finalist 2
    Omackeral
    Imnotthehulk
    Finalist 1
    Finalist 2
    gerrybbadd
    beakerjoe
    Semi Finalist 3
    Semi Finalist 4
    Cheese Wagstaff
    thebostoncrab

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Very pleasantly surprised to have made it to the semi-final stage. Bounty Hunter was a great opponent and it's an honour to have been given the nod over him.

If I'm not mistaken my semi-final opponent is going to be Omackeral. That is another challenger who will be really tough. I've been very impressed with his contributions and it's no surprise to me that he has won this contest in the past.

For the moment I'm just going to enjoy being in the semi-final and watching the rest of you battle it out!

Bounty Hunter
    Mr Nice Guy
    Mr Nice Guy
    Omackeral
    Omackeral
    Imnotthehulk
    Finalist 1
    Finalist 2
    gerrybbadd
    beakerjoe
    Semi Finalist 3
    Semi Finalist 4
    Cheese Wagstaff
    thebostoncrab

Jaysus, 10 voters in our poll.... I despair:o:(:(:(

What's the bets it'll be a draw!

• Advertisement

16 votes now Gerry, the tension is killing me.

Congrats to Omackeral and Mr Nice Guy who now will face each other in the Semi.

Mr Nice Guy wins this chapter of the MNG/BH war (its been going on years now) and it was a hard battle to call. Commiserations to BH who duelled valiantly against MNG, with both men making great points through out. As BH stated above, it was some sway in the votes as BH had a nice lead before MNG came back with a bang.

Omackeral bested ImnottheHulk, with again both men dishing out great answers and responses. These two guys need to be working for the Network (esp if Swerved is the best thing WWE can come up with).

My latest entry is a bit of a monster - sorry!

I should look into getting it published on Kindle!:P:P:P
    You're like Bret Hart writing his book, sure!

Jays, I hope I'm a bit less sour!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Final rebuttal now up, good stuff TBC. May the best man win!

Any idea what time our poll expires Beaker?

Jays, I hope I'm a bit less sour!
    Well I always say if I had to go through the few years he did I'd probably be worse!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Any idea what time our poll expires Beaker?

I put up that poll so dunno if Beaker can see it but it says:
    This poll will close on 28-09-2015 at 14:45

Im hoping people thought Gerrys answer was 4 out of 10!.... (its wasnt ):pac:

Poll up in the TBC V Cheese match..... great debate guys, lets see how voters saw it.

• Advertisement

I'm sure Gerry would have only given my own answer 4 out of 10 at best if he read it, ha ha.

Advertisement