Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AROUND THE HORN! 2015 - Discuss Thread

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Thing is though that we mostly all agree with each other on the posts :P I've rarely seen a post where I've gone "Ah now, hang on a second" and I don't think I have in the ATH competitions.

But yeah, I'm finding it difficult to pick a winner. Will have to read over the posts again and put my debating judge-cap on to pick a winner!

The next post you make Im gonna go out of my way to attack it :)

PW Boards by in large is usually very respectful place to talk Pro Wrasslin. Hence Why I post no where else.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

beakerjoe wrote: »
    The next post you make Im gonna go out of my way to attack it :)

PW Boards by in large is usually very respectful place to talk Pro Wrasslin. Hence Why I post no where else.
    Fine, I'll just make a post about how great a wrestler Cesaro is. Try and attack that!

I'm the same. I see other forums and facebook pages and I'm like "lads, chillax. It's alright to disagree with someone, just don't go bat-sh1t crazy over it". Vince should hold us up as the poster boys of the IWC :p

"BE LIKE THEM, DAMN IT!"

Fine, I'll just make a post about how great a wrestler Cesaro is. Try and attack that!

I'm the same. I see other forums and facebook pages and I'm like "lads, chillax. It's alright to disagree with someone, just don't go bat-sh1t crazy over it". Vince should hold us up as the poster boys of the IWC :p

"BE LIKE THEM, DAMN IT!"

Cesaro, what a talentless millennial :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Cesaro, what a talentless millennial :D
    I'll get the Cesaro section, you get the anti-Cesaro section, meet outside Woolshed after Survivor Series, last team standing wins :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'll grab my trident!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

With Omackerals final post up, Ill ask Bounty Hunter to throw up a poll and we get voting.

As always its been a pleasure battling it out with yourself and Im chuffed to be able to do that in the final (no idea how I got there TBH). You certainly didnt hold back and you gave me one hell of an arguement, Id hate to debate with you over a few drinks (though Survivor Series is approaching in the Wooler).

May the best man win.

I'm gonna say this to you mate, that took more out of me than any other debate ever. Actually physically and mentally knackered after it! You took me to places I've never been eg getting snipey with each other even though we're friends. A sign of a good debate. Whoever wins deserves it.

Woolshed sounds like a top idea

I'll get the Cesaro section, you get the anti-Cesaro section, meet outside Woolshed after Survivor Series, last team standing wins :P

I really hope theres no such faction.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,578 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

This is an epic finale, well done both

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

*hic*

At a wedding in Australia (well it's not till umm Saturday but still...)

Will see if I can do the poll via my phone if not , the morning whenever that is iris time!

Fair play lads great debate and great game this year mr shabadu

*hic*

Fair play lads great debate and great game this year mr shabadu

I get Jokes!:pac:

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    I'm gonna say this to you mate, that took more out of me than any other debate ever. Actually physically and mentally knackered after it! You took me to places I've never been eg getting snipey with each other even though we're friends. A sign of a good debate. Whoever wins deserves it.

Woolshed sounds like a top idea

I too felt the strain, esp in the last rebuttal. It was a tough question and one which I had to think about carefully. In the end Im happy with my points and take nothing personally, as I hope you do to.

Omackeral your a top man and who ever wins, earned it! Kudos sir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

Those were some epic answers .. had a hard time choosing between 'em?!

9 votes so far and the whole weekend for folks to vote, so have a read at the final answers and vote if you can.

Lads you better all bloody vote, those answers took literally hours!! :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Vote made

Well done two great answers, a fitting end to a great competition

I'll say 1 thing about teh question/answers, Ive a lot more symphaty for WWE writing staff..... its not as easy as it looks.

11 votes so far lads..... hopefully we can break 30 plus votes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Very enjoyable debate and some cracking one-liners in there as well. Well done to both men.

Joe, sort your the/teh thing out if you enter ATH next year. I could murder you.

19 votes so far and times running out guys..... keep those votes coming
    Joe, sort your the/teh thing out if you enter ATH next year. I could murder you.

The/Teh thing is always been my achillies heel when typing fast. I was rushing when writing because I dont get much time any more with nappy changes, feeding time and a little crawler that moves faster than a Rey/Juvi match from 98

My apologies.

I'm joking man, it's your gimmick and it's over. :p

• Advertisement

I'm joking man, it's your gimmick and it's over. :p

It will never be over with me, if infuriates me when I quickly look over somethinga and its there multiple times and Ive no time to alter it.

The tension is killing me.......

noel-4.gif

23 Votes so far in the final, with 2 hours left to vote, its 6 votes off the record set in this years Tournie (29 in the semi between MNG and current finalist Omackeral).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Just voted (finally back sober and in tw with internet )

It is very close which after two such answers deserves to be the case.

Congrats Joe, well battled this year and a worthier winner I couldn't pick. Congratulations to the new ATH Champion Beakerjoe!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Wow, a very dramatic climax to a great final. Congrats to beakerjoe on his win. He has been terrific in every round.

Also well done to Omackeral who can hold his head high after a great showing.

Both guys did the contest proud. Well done, gents.

Wow! I really didn't think Id beat Omackeral. Im humbled.

While I really believed in my own answer, I really felt I had been out done by some great observations made by my opponent which attacked the flaws in my post and made his answer look tremendously well in the process. He seemed to have an answer for everything and made it quite a battle.

Great Game Mr O'Mac.

It was a great question by Bounty, fitting of a final. A big thank you to BH for his hard work in the running of the game, especially considering his heavy wild schedule.

Thanks to everyone who took part and hope to see you all Next year for the Draft and next years ATH.

Advertisement