Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

• Registered Users Posts: 31,010 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

ford2600 wrote: »
    Jesus, you had me there. I thought he'd died!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Rush hour in Utrecht:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭Fian

large haul of high end bikes found in limerick - destined for export to teh continent.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/garda-op-uncovers-stolen-bike-export-racket-in-limerick-369298.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

This if you didn't see it was probably AH doing what it does best.

Absolute quality and the video is surprisingly easy to find too but I'd suggest avoiding that.

OP on AH had it bang on. You don't need to see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

^^ :eek: Thankfully there's no link to any video. I've no wish to see that.

In other news, I was in a local Volvo dealer today and he gave me tin of Volvo Life Paint for free. I sprayed a wee bit on my soft shell jacket and it works quite well although it does look a bit 'halloween'.

I won't ever, ever spray it on my bike but I might lash it on to the backpack for the dark commutes.

On the other hand, I could have some serious fun spraying rude/defamatory things on peoples jackets in the pub before they start the walk home. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Interesting article on the Specialized investigative team, and others, and their work in tracking down fake frames, helmets and the likes

http://www.bicycling.com/bikes-gear/components/catch-counterfeiter-sketchy-world-fake-bike-gear?cid=soc_BicyclingMag_TWITTER_Bicycling__

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

crosstownk wrote: »
    On the other hand, I could have some serious fun spraying rude/defamatory things on peoples jackets in the pub before they start the walk home. :D

Finally a use for it I can get behind. Have a list already forming.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Rush hour in Utrecht

Stopping for the lights and no shoaling. You'd know they weren't Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

Interesting nugget from inrng:
    Dublin dodgers? Talking of team names changing the UCI announced a licence for a Pro Conti team called “Tharcor” yesterday. Try googling it and you’ll find a French campsite, Le Thar Cor and an Irish shell company and little else. Of course it’s not a new team backed by a camp site, it’s the Italian team Southeast and they’re probably using the Dublin tax dodge to save on Italian employer taxes to keep the show on the road.
    ...Under the UCI rules, a team’s nationality is elective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

Not really worth its own thread, I'm looking for a new groupset for my road bike..... Thinking of shimano ultegra.

Do the websites have sales in January flogging off last years editions and if so which yer go to site?

I'd get my lbs to supply and fit but my neighbour down the road turns out to be a great bike mech and can do full builds so I reckoned cheaper to source from the Internet and give to him

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

It's been a long standing practice for Italian Pro Continental teams to register in Ireland. Panaria - Navigare were doing it as far back as 2006. At one point I think there were three of them doing it.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,324 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

It's been a long standing practice for Italian Pro Continental teams to register in Ireland. Panaria - Navigare were doing it as far back as 2006. At one point I think there were three of them doing it.
    Thought there was now a requirement to have a certain number of riders from the "home country", or am I thinking about a different level?

Would it be a good idea to have a Long Low Raking Puck rule to test that a team's members really are Irish? Give them a camán and a sliotar and get them ag iomáint.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

McTigs wrote: »
    Not really worth its own thread, I'm looking for a new groupset for my road bike..... Thinking of shimano ultegra.

Do the websites have sales in January flogging off last years editions and if so which yer go to site?

I'd get my lbs to supply and fit but my neighbour down the road turns out to be a great bike mech and can do full builds so I reckoned cheaper to source from the Internet and give to him

CSS have Shimano 105 5800 11sp for €350 on 13th December https://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/adventcalendar.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Would it be a good idea to have a Long Low Raking Puck rule to test that a team's members really are Irish? Give them a camán and a sliotar and get them ag iomáint.
    I would fail that test. I grew up in Louth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louth_Senior_Hurling_Championship

I would fail that test. I grew up in Louth.

Home of the Poc Fada
    370680.jpg

For Xmas, I'm joining the "whoosh, whoosh" brigade.

I could be dead next year, is my thinking. If this trend continues I need to be properly dead by the end of 2019.

Can't wait for the "whoosh, whoosh" though!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,126 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

For Xmas, I'm joining the "whoosh, whoosh" brigade.

I could be dead next year, is my thinking. If this trend continues I need to be properly dead by the end of 2019.

Can't wait for the "whoosh, whoosh" though!
    Does that mean you're taking up skiing, or are you getting disc wheels?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 331 ✭✭roverrules

Or tinnitus?

www.whooshers.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Does anyone in times of extreme pressure in work ever find themselves looking fondly at pictures of their bicycles on mountains?

Asking for a friend

Not skiing, though I'd like to give that a lash someday. I'll be taking up Wall climbing at some stage followed by Speed roller blade'n. Always fancied both of those.

Sadly my body clock is now tuned into getting up at 4:45am and I'm bored out of my bollix as there is no friggin' way I am heading out in that wind, though I did contemplate it.

Is below savage value for a grand?, and no, I'm not looking to buy one. Was just browsing!

http://www.radon-bikes.de/en/bikes-2016/roadbike/roadbike-training/r1/r1-105/

Speed roller blade'n. Always fancied

I'd love to relearn roller blading; tried a few years ago (in my youth I was an ace roller-skater on those steel-wheeled demons - clashclashclashclashclashclash - but nearly put my back and wrist out when I landed on my arse. Only way I could learn now is if there were a hall with ceiling harnesses so you could spend a few hours roped up for a few weeks and relearn the balance, then be confident enough to take it outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Did your roller skates have those lights in the wheels that lit up when you moved? First time roller skating was at the Top Hat, I had a ball.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Did your roller skates have those lights in the wheels that lit up when you moved? First time roller skating was at the Top Hat, I had a ball.

God, no. Steel wheels on a kind of clamp thing that hung on to your shoes and ruint them. Though Francis Stuart namedrop told me that in the 1930s he used to roller skate in the Pav, where you could watch a film while skating, including skating around behind the screen, which was hung centrally in the hall.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,324 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

So Qualtymark, can I interest you in my other wheel-based sports passion, Roller Derby?

Beasty wrote: »
    So Qualtymark, can I interest you in my other wheel-based sports passion, Roller Derby?

Find me that training place with the ceiling harnesses and I'm in!

Meanwhile, 17 English Quakers are cycling very quietly across Europe in a climate change action http://www.quakerweb.org.uk/blog/climate-change-2/cycling-the-cooperide-from-copenhagen-to-paris/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

u0OKOuS.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I see they have improved the N11 path quite a bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

CramCycle wrote: »
    I see they have improved the N11 path quite a bit

joys of the world withs cars, roads always the best surface.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement