Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Hmmmmn stupid question, but just discovered this site in the search for Nalini women's bibs, and I have never heard of it before. Is it legit? Too good to be true? It's not mad cheap or anything. I can't find out where it's based (although I am not the most techie of people :o ). *crosses fingers*

http://www.bobshop.com/en/home/?force_sid=6nvknr2utcf9qh54gb3dn2ptj3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

gadetra wrote: »
    Hmmmmn stupid question, but just discovered this site in the search for Nalini women's bibs, and I have never heard of it before. Is it legit? Too good to be true? It's not mad cheap or anything. I can't find out where it's based (although I am not the most techie of people :o ). *crosses fingers*

http://www.bobshop.com/en/home/?force_sid=6nvknr2utcf9qh54gb3dn2ptj3

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84919709

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

gadetra wrote: »
    Yussss :D

Thanks Ford!

Thanks?

I just made you broke ☺

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Weepsie wrote: »
    Name for the next off topic thread? RobFowl might like it better than this one, though his concerns seemed to have lessened.

No, RobFowl still detests this thread title !

It's the George and Mildred or Hi Di Hi of thread titles !!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Only 8,589 posts to go!

The deluded crew who gave us this abomination will probably give us Party bus III 😳

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

If everyone posts about the state of their porridge each morning, we'd fill it quickly enough

Weepsie wrote: »
    If everyone posts about the state of their porridge each morning, we'd fill it quickly enough

I like porridge about as much as I like this thread title !

Bland over rated mulch ...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,956 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

crosstownk wrote: »
    This time they used a steam roller..
    Vintage machinery in use! Great stuff. Did you get a pic for the Classics Forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

RobFowl wrote: »
    The deluded crew who gave us this abomination will probably give us Party bus III 😳

Careful what you wish for...

But my bid for the next thread title would be

'Rob Fowl might not like 'em but we all think the Party Buses rock!'

Saying that with the tech advances going on and the new look site and all there's every chance the 10K limit wouldn't be an issue anymore anyway and the thread might be here to stay.
    Now that would be Irony!
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

...and the thread might be here to stay...

father-ted-careful-now.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

Is that Rob behind the sign?
    Must be as that's koutoubia beside him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Where's the best place to get a seven-foot Kryptonite cable? Amazon want £10 for this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000NOO3ZQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_4&smid=A1HZ5FPD8FVC3N

(that's €14), plus another €4.50 for ParcelMotel since they won't send it to Ireland. Is there a better deal here?

Is that Rob behind the sign?
    Must be as that's koutoubia beside him...

I'm more Father Jack to his Ted ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

Where's the best place to get a seven-foot Kryptonite cable? Amazon want £10 for this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000NOO3ZQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_4&smid=A1HZ5FPD8FVC3N

(that's €14), plus another €4.50 for ParcelMotel since they won't send it to Ireland. Is there a better deal here?

If you don't find it cheaper this might help:
    First 3 deliveries are free with DPD Parcel Wizard.
    https://www.dpdparcelwizard.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

traprunner wrote: »

So long as DPD don't do what they did with the last item they shipped to me and hand it over to some random builder working on a vacant house up the street. Took a while to sort that out and they were less than helpful!

traprunner wrote: »

That's one kludgy sign-up system! Had to finish signing up using the phone, as the web part on the computer stayed stuck on "respond to verification email"!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,209 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

You must be confused; this is the milk and porridge thread.

Is granola permitted?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Is granola permitted?

Another boardsie has already waxed lyrical about it, so why not

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

From 4m15s, not everyones type of humour but does give a view of an accident from multiple viewpoints.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97851351&postcount=2721

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

Just listening to Marty in the Morning, as he complains about
    a) cyclists two abreast - "of course, they're not supposed to do that on a main road".
    b) cyclists with no lights - "I don't know how anyone thinks it's a good idea, nobody can see you. I counted five of them on the way into work today".

HOW DID YOU COUNT THEM IF YOU COULDN'T SEE THEM MARTY!?

buffalo wrote: »
    a) cyclists two abreast - "of course, they're not supposed to do that on a main road".
    b) cyclists with no lights - "I don't know how anyone thinks it's a good idea, nobody can see you. I counted five of them on the way into work today".

Important man. He has places to get to.

Ironic that his surname is Wheelin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

buffalo wrote: »

Apart from club cyclists, I hardly ever come across cyclists travelling two abreast, and even more seldom on busy roads. Are they really common enough to be worth commenting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Aaah, Marty, you have really disappointed me this time :/

(this adds to today's morning little stand-off with a taxi driver beeping at me and pointing to a footpath shared cycle lane on the side. I turned my bike around and pointed at the camera mounted under the stem, then gave him the two-finger-I-will-be-watching-you sign. That did not stop him from following me at 30cm distance for the next 1km... :/ I guess I need a backward facing camera now.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

As far as I know, they all charge now. And hospital car parks, of all places, make, quite literally, millions of euro from charging for car parking for sick and dying people and their friends and relatives who come to sit by their bedsides. This country has gone a very, very bad way in its relationship to money.

On another note, was listening to an old BBC podcast, On Your Bike, about the history of cycling, which talked about a stamp heroising Baden-Powell for his use of bicycle scouts in Britain's hideous war against the Boers from 1899 to 1902. The programme gave the impression (or I gained the impression - was listening while doggy-walking) that it was a penny-farthing that was used to race across the Transvaal; sadly, the stamp seems to have him riding a safety bicycle.

368996.jpg

Edit: couldn't resist adding his scouting manual - I say, chaps!

http://ridevintage.com/1910-cyclist-scouts-training-boy-scouts/

and a picture of his ideal boy scout from it:

368997.jpg

no issue with hospitals charging for car parks, it helps to run the hospital its an indirect tax on people using it. Also there are ways to get parking charges back from hospital in some cases if getting care.

Alek wrote: »
    I think what you are getting at butcher's is "washed tripe"

I was refering the unwashed one - you can get it from a butchers in a mediterranean / arabic shop, in example.

Summer job i cleaned the stomachs to box off, tripe, manifold, honeycomb

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

manafana wrote: »
    no issue with hospitals charging for car parks, it helps to run the hospital its an indirect tax on people using it. Also there are ways to get parking charges back from hospital in some cases if getting care.

Also stops people overloading the car parks who work nearby, good examples being Tallaght, Vincents and others. If they didn't charge, there would not be spaces for people visiting to park.

manafana wrote: »

Aren't the car parks in hospitals normally run by private companies?

As for "an indirect tax on someone using it", that's a disgusting idea, frankly. Why should sick and dying people and their friends and relatives be used to harvest an indirect tax?
    CramCycle wrote: »
    Also stops people overloading the car parks who work nearby, good examples being Tallaght, Vincents and others. If they didn't charge, there would not be spaces for people visiting to park.

Simple solution to that is that you leave a note with a time on it on your dash, walk in and get a slip to say you're parking to visit someone or go to an appointment, walk back and put that on your dash; that's what the Quakers and Jews do in their nursing home.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

Contracted out to private companies who in turn pay the hospitals.
    As for "an indirect tax on someone using it", that's a disgusting idea, frankly. Why should sick and dying people and their friends and relatives be used to harvest an indirect tax?

Because it's all part of a progressive taxation system. Simply paying for every public service from PAYE would make employment a much less attractive proposition for those on the margins. No one is forcing anyone to park there, public transport is available.
    Simple solution to that is that you leave a note with a time on it on your dash, walk in and get a slip to say you're parking to visit someone or go to an appointment, walk back and put that on your dash; that's what the Quakers and Jews do in their nursing home.

And what are the costs of administering such a system and rooting out the abusers? You could put any patient name on it you like, those checking wouldn't be able to confirm without breaching data protection, and you couldn't impose any time limits as that would rule out those visiting dying relatives or those in long A&E queues.

Anyway, this is probably way off-topic even for an off-topic thread.

• Advertisement

A note :) , most hospitals will refund parking where there is direct need for you to park like in the case of terminally ill patient. As mentioned its not about affecting ill familys its making sure there is actually somewhere to park for those using the hospital

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement