Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,315 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

race around ireland on now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

What channel number on sky? Can't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

From looking at the OP, I think you may have to add it manually. That's what I plan to do once Mrs. crosstownk is finished with the X-Factor.

The Satellite Forum is loaded with advice on how to add manually.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭mackeminexile

Anyone have any luck adding this? I can't find it using the add channel instructions in the link provided

• Registered Users Posts: 20,731 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Nothing to see for the last hour or so anyway. Just a 10 second loop being repeated. Last night it went to a blank screen late on. But there were some good programmes on earlier.

I don't have Sky so I can't help with adding the channel. Probably plenty of information on Google. It is easy to find on the Free to Air system which I have.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Damn, was getting out the wallet to buy the handlebar-mounted flatscreen I visualised from the thread title.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,936 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I got it on sky, but it's just on a loop/test card at the moment, possibly until it actually launches on Thursday.

On sky remote: Services > Add Channels >

Frequency: 11306
    Polarisation: H
    Symbol Rate: 27.5
    FEC: 2/3
    Standard: DVB-S
    Modulation: QPSK

Press Yellow button to search when these are applied, Scroll down to 52290 and press yellow button on that, then press select. It should be in your other channels then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Lovely stuff. The Killarney adventure race is on at 2.30 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,731 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Lovely stuff. The Killarney adventure race is on at 2.30 :D

Probably not. The test loop has been running for a long time now, will probably continue until the channel launches.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Derrydingle

Can you get it on the upc box and if so how cos I don't see it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Yer man on the Fat Bike must be bored to death doing them repeats

Daroxtar wrote: »
    Yer man on the Fat Bike must be bored to death doing them repeats

And gear is all wrong. Lycra on a mountain bike

Channel now broadcasting on sky. Covers all sorts of cycling

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭loudymacloud

added it to my channels last night, had that Kilarney Adventure race from 2014 on, as well as the tail end of the Bahrain 70.3 Ironman.

wonder will they show any live events or will it be all highlights

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Derrydingle

Can you get it on upc box and if so how. I don't seem to be able to find it on mine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Weepsie wrote: »
    Channel now broadcasting on sky. Covers all sorts of cycling

What channel, or is it still via other channels for Ireland?

Edit, 464 for anyone that's looking.

So 2000s no HD

bazermc wrote: »
    So 2000s no HD

Was thinking that myself. Barely even SD, but its a niche channel and good to have for now at least

• Registered Users Posts: 13,327 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Can you get it on upc box and if so how. I don't seem to be able to find it on mine

I doubt it will be on UPC/Virgin Media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

So 2000s no HD

And the Race around Ireland was from 2011.

• Advertisement

These two Italian guys are gas

Coverage of Brighton marathon on now. That is running not cycling. Seriously confused now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Coverage of Brighton marathon on now. That is running not cycling. Seriously confused now.

It seems to me more of an Extreme sports channel. I've also seen snow boarding and tri-athlons and more, about 80% cycling though, Earlier they showed the race around Ireland in 15 Mins, for a 24 hour part repeats channel it hardly does the race justice.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭8valve

I happily spent saturday morning thrown on the sofa having a look...instead of building up my bike!

Coverage of an older edition of the Race Around Ireland.
    Documentary following a downhill MTB team through a couple of seasons back (Hutchinson/Giant? not too aux fait with mtb stuff).
    Travelogue of a guy on a tandem doing a loop of alaska with a couple of different rear passengers.
    Short documentary (without commentary) about a British Cycling dawn-to-dusk 200mile sportive.
    Travelogue of an Italian lady touring Italy (in Italian...subtitles would be nice!).
    Interview with Ugo De Rosa, which I thoroughly enjoyed....like chatting with an aul' lad down the local, except this aul' lad has made some of the most beautiful steel, aluminium and titanium frames in history, along with being a mechanic for pros during the 50s/60s/70s....and happened to be an old friend of Eddy Merckx, to the point that he taught Merckx to weld/braze and helped him set up his factory after retirement from the peleton!

All in all, my opinion after a few hours of vegging: if you like bikes/cycling/bike culture/cyclo-tourism, you're sure to stumble across something you'll like watching at some point. Pick and choose and setup your planner to record what you like, leave the rest.

We pedallers are a global movement, so it's about time broadcasters sat up and took notice; this is definitely a step (crank revolution?) in the right direction!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭superelliptic

Id love it if this could be streamed or made available through UPC/Virgin.

I really want to veg out on this!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Cycling with Fillipa.

The dubbing is killing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

crosstownk wrote: »
    Cycling with Fillipa.

The dubbing is killing me.

It's like the old Eurotrash dubbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭8valve

Subtitles would've been better! The dubbing is terrible haha!

Camera crew seems to be quite fond of her derriere, too....it's in about half the shots!

I get tired watching this greatest climbs show

• Advertisement
Advertisement