Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

This is one from Blanchardstown is one of my favourites. I don't think it's even a statutory sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭Ryath

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=447828&d=1523376135

Bloody cyclists all over the road!

This popped up on facebook as a someone I knew shared it and signed it. Australia has to be the most anti cycling country in the world.
    Also on petition is to ban cyclists from roads with a speed limit above 80km/h
    https://www.change.org/p/compulsory-single-file-for-cyclists

xiZrcDqPSjeUZTY-800x450-noPad.jpg?1516510068

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,537 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

This is one from Blanchardstown is one of my favourites. I don't think it's even a statutory sign.
    this is clearly what is being referred to:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,537 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Ryath wrote: »
    Bloody cyclists all over the road!
    my father in law shared that on facebook. i had a good old go at the premise of it. including the astonishing rank hypocrisy that they are claiming that cyclists cycling two abreast is unfair on motorists trying to drive two abreast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

That's not real life representation. You'd never get that many cyclists in blue kit together with motorists in blue cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Some cyclists are also missing legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I'd be more concerned about the floating jerseys tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭buffalo

ED E wrote: »
    How'd ya manage that?

I couldn't tell you tbh, I've been riding on it for 2-3 weeks. Possibly hit a pothole with fully load panniers from the weekly shop. I'm only wee myself, so I don't think it was my fault! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

buffalo wrote: »
    I couldn't tell you tbh, I've been riding on it for 2-3 weeks. Possibly hit a pothole with fully load panniers from the weekly shop. I'm only wee myself, so I don't think it was my fault! :D

Sure ya weren't Danny McAskilling off rooftop? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Ashbourne Gardai had a bike stamping day last week, and I see this initiative in Dublin City Centre now. Although the cynic would say the initiative should be in preventing bikes being stolen.

Bit of an odd partnership with the Royal College of Surgeons, unless they're eyeing up potential customers.

https://twitter.com/gardainfo/status/984331222951317504

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Hurrache wrote: »
    Ashbourne Gardai had a bike stamping day last week, and I see this initiative in Dublin City Centre now. Although the cynic would say the initiative should be in preventing bikes being stolen.

Bit of an odd partnership with the Royal College of Surgeons, unless they're eyeing up potential customers.

What does this always seem to happen in the past? "we won't tell anyone what we're going to do but we'll tell everyone after we've been".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

"Blue Bike" sounds like a condition you'd get from not getting out on enough spins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Hungrycol wrote: »
    What does this always seem to happen in the past? "we won't tell anyone what we're going to do but we'll tell everyone after we've been".

Ha, exactly my thoughts at the time. I didn't see it until the next day, had I know I probably would have availed of it. Never heard anything about it before it actually happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Took the Luas into town and back today, it's no wonder Dublin people won't leave the car at home if this is the alternative. Either the standard of driving is dropping or there are maintenance concerns, I was flung around the place all the way in and all the way back

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Hurrache wrote: »

The College of surgeons includes the Faculty of sports and exercise medicine. Promoting healthy living and exercise is a vital part of its mission.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

RobFowl wrote: »
    The College of surgeons includes the Faculty of sports and exercise medicine. Promoting healthy living and exercise is a vital part of its mission.

They would also have alot of students who I imagine are some of the key reporters of stolen bikes considering how poorly they seem to lock them up.

Seen a student in UCD lock up their bike with a flimsy cable lock and just leave their large kryptonite clipped onto the frame.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

CramCycle wrote: »
    They would also have alot of students who I imagine are some of the key reporters of stolen bikes considering how poorly they seem to lock them up.

Seen a student in UCD lock up their bike with a flimsy cable lock and just leave their large kryptonite clipped onto the frame.

They have a Faculty of physiotherapy, a school of nursing as well as a medical school.
    A Fellow of the college can use FFSEM(rcsi) after their name ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

A Fellow of the college can use FFSEM(rcsi) after their name ;)

Is that one of the fields when tagging your bicycle with the Gardaí?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Plus they have a swanky new building to show off.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

FFSEM(rcsi) after their name ;)

Short for "For Flip Sake, Engraved My rothar colaiste saor in (aisce)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Alek wrote: »

Rad do some awesome races, but that one seems to be more timid tbh. If you really want a great take on the Devil, Wolfpack Hustle's All Out War is a great one:

https://vimeo.com/wolfpackhustle/alloutwar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Thud

Took the Luas into town and back today, it's no wonder Dublin people won't leave the car at home if this is the alternative. Either the standard of driving is dropping or there are maintenance concerns, I was flung around the place all the way in and all the way back
    the green line does a little jink at the bottom of Stephens green when coming from Dawson st, if you're not holding on to something you'll end up either smacking you head off something or on top of someone

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Alek wrote: »

With straight bars around me? Hmmm.
    Does look like fun though.
    Martin Soderstrom had a video of similar recently https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YnWNbXV72rc

Rad do some awesome races, but that one seems to be more timid tbh. If you really want a great take on the Devil, Wolfpack Hustle's All Out War is a great one:

https://vimeo.com/wolfpackhustle/alloutwar

Now that I could get behind :D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Weepsie wrote: »
    Plus they have a swanky new building to show off.

Which has excellent secure bike parking :cool:

• Advertisement

colm18 wrote: »
    Which has excellent secure bike parking :cool:

One of my friends got the public art commission for the new place, I missed the opening and now you can't get in to see it boo!

This secure bike parking, would it be reachable to the general public by any chance?...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement