Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Beasty wrote: »
    No probs. I can let you have a hose for more than the price of the pump, then I'll bin the rest of mine....
    Next in line please! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Beasty wrote: »
    No probs. I can let you have a hose for more than the price of the pump, then I'll bin the rest of mine....
    best not bin it, you could sell me the rest of the pump in a year's time when the plunger on mine fails.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I suggest the new off topic thread be called "Magicbastarders Pump"

Spent a bit last night changing the bar tape on my bike as it had become a bit tatty. Job done admired my handy work and promised I'd give the bike a wash this morning. Took it out earlier and it dawned on me that I'd not wrapped the cables and had left them out :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Been a while (OK, nine months) since I went for a spin that wasn't a commute. And you start asking yourself if you really miss it. Is it really that much fun pushing yourself up hills and sitting on a saddle for ages.

So lacking any other time in the week to get out, I took out the good bike early this morning for an extended commute. Nothing fancy, 30k up Stocking and over Kilternan.

Coming down from Johnnie Foxes reminded me that yes, it is that much fun.

Also a really nice way to start off a work day. I shall be doing that again, repeatedly, this summer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

worst traffic i think i've even seen on the strand road this evening. possibly due to the garda closing off a lane northbound just at point village, to allow half a dozen buses to park there. was quite a knock on effect if that was indeed the cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Spent a bit last night changing the bar tape on my bike as it had become a bit tatty. Job done admired my handy work and promised I'd give the bike a wash this morning. Took it out earlier and it dawned on me that I'd not wrapped the cables and had left them out :mad:
    174391.jpg

i gave out to a motorist earlier, while i was crossing a road against a red pedestrian light.
    as my mum would have said, one of you is as bad as the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

Two of us arrived a few minutes after a cyclist went down (around the back of Ashbourne). Turns out a dog had run out and knocked him off. Turns out he was a neighbour of my mate, two drivers already had called an ambulance. He was squirming in pain the whole 15 minutes we were there. When the paramedics arrived there were quick to see he has dislocated his right shoulder. He also had problems breathing (probably rib damage). We called his wife to let her know the situation. Once he was loaded up on the ambulance we left. Speedy recovery Rob (if he frequents boards). His bike was taken in by a local neighbour. Stay safe out there.

anyone from this parish?

https://www.facebook.com/globalcyclingnetwork/photos/a.134374393384959.29819.112665855555813/1027281850760871/?type=3&theater

(btw, i am not at all happy with this rebranding of dogs on the internet as 'doggos'. i was not consulted and am not amused).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

https://twitter.com/AP/status/987062099305168897?s=19

Sounds like a good outcome for Lance

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

worst traffic i think i've even seen on the strand road this evening. possibly due to the garda closing off a lane northbound just at point village, to allow half a dozen buses to park there. was quite a knock on effect if that was indeed the cause.

Traffic was awful everywhere. Sun's out, people Jump into the car to go somewhere.

Saw a guy on a road bike come a cropper on the phoenix park cycle track beside Wellington monument. A group of young lads were milling about in the lane and either he didn't see them, or they crossed into his lane.

He seemed embarrassed, but they were getting a bit anstsy (in fairness he hit them). It all cooled down, but not before one of them called out to me.

Think he mistook me for former Late Late show host, Mr. Byrne, at least I assume that's what he mean.

funny enough, one or two of the more prominent cycling campaigners are championing the positioning of the bus parking beside the point depot as an example of how things should be done. maybe it's just me, but the resulting tailback on my cycle home was something i could have done without dealing with.

to be fair, it's just a crying shame that a large venue situated beside at least one heavy crossing point on the liffey couldn't have considered the need for bus parking. it's beyond ludicrous that the onus should fall onto public infrastructure to provide said parking.

...as my mum would have said, one of you is as bad as the other.
    My mum would have said 'there's a pair of yous in it'.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Nice wee short documentary

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Is there a nicer thing than sitting outside Johnnie Fox's in the sunshine with a nice refreshing pint after an afternoon spent on your bike in Wicklow?

P_1 wrote: »
    Is there a nicer thing than sitting outside Johnnie Fox's in the sunshine with a nice refreshing pint after an afternoon spent on your bike in Wicklow?
    Yes - sitting outside Johnnie Fox's with a nice refreshing pint after completing the Boards.ie Evil Ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

P_1 wrote: »

I had a pint mid cycle a while back, well we stopped about 3kms from home and that 3kms nearly killed me. I tip my hat to those of you that can enjoy a pint mid cycle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

I had a pint mid cycle a while back, well we stopped about 3kms from home and that 3kms nearly killed me. I tip my hat to those of you that can enjoy a pint mid cycle

Jean Baptiste Lafond famously drank champagne at half time in a French Cup Final in the 1980's.

I drank a bottle of beer at about 190km in a 300km audax with 4000m climbing. I also had a beer about 700km into an 800km 10000m 3 day trip across the North of Spain; that was at lunchtime and about 33C. For low to moderate intensity cycling a glass of beer isn't a big deal.

George Hanna, who's done more 1000km plus audax events than most people have done Sunday spins is a fond of a drink on the bike to. It doesn't slow him down much.

21 years ago I worked in New York retro fitting elevator shafts to old skyscrapers; effectively digging holes in a basement with a pneumatic rock hammer. Lots of granite from memory, pretty hard work. I was 22 fit as a fiddle and drank a gallon of water a day; my co worker was 45-50, drank 6 large cans of beer a day and was the toughest guy I've ever worked with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Yes - sitting outside Johnnie Fox's with a nice refreshing pint after completing the Boards.ie Evil Ride.

True!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Not everyone is as slow as you! Maybe he did complete it just faster that it only took an afternoon!

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Not everyone is as slow as you! Maybe he did complete it just faster that it only took an afternoon!
    Nah - 86k and 1400m do not an Evil make! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Nah - 86k and 1400m do not an Evil make! :D

That they certainly do not :D Hopefully I'll get myself up to a level to be able to try that this year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

With 45 posts remaining, is there a name decided on yet for the new one?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

VW 1 wrote: »
    With 45 posts remaining, is there a name decided on yet for the new one?

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

The "Did Beasty mention that he had a crash? thread"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

The "Did Beasty mention that he had a crash? thread"

Part two would have to be

"What ? Beasty crashed ?"

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

Was there a road bike left in Dublin today?
    I was hiking near the Sally Gap, and was most impressed with the cyclists, even a buzy string up/down to Kippure mast.

• Advertisement

Is that actually a cotraflow bike lane? Haven't been there in years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement