Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

I was actually leaning on the cushion bit at the side so standing sideways. Was the same last night, some kid actually fell of the seat coming out of James' and heading towards Rialto.

strange, i know some junctions have issues but often because of motorist error causing a stop, suggest trams might be showing their age, rarely get it on green line.

On side note, has anyone any exp of changing the drop outs on rear of carbon frame circa 2016, iv got slight dent, bike shop mentioned it could be sorted with right part for that frame model.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

When you cycle home, hop straight into the car, post a letter, hop back into the car, get a coffee from the drive-thru place near your house, go home, start chopping veg for dinner, all the while feeling that something isn't quite....right. And then you look in the mirror and realise you've done it all while wearing your cycling helmet!

Safety first!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

That's an ad for the brand right there!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

On the plus side the dog doesn't seem to care

On the plus side the dog doesn't seem to care

Seems to be busy checking the weather for a potential walk there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Vel wrote: »
    When you cycle home, hop straight into the car, post a letter, hop back into the car, get a coffee from the drive-thru place near your house, go home, start chopping veg for dinner, all the while feeling that something isn't quite....right. And then you look in the mirror and realise you've done it all while wearing your cycling helmet!

Safety first!

:pac:

Where did you get those shoes? They're amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Whoa, that's narrow!

bike_radar_bar_width.jpg?w=640&h=464

Is it a boardsie that took that photo, by the way?

Spotted this on euro news earlier. An under construction 140km bike path around lake Garda in Italy.

http://www.euronews.com/2018/04/17/breathtaking-aerial-footage-shows-italy-s-floating-cycle-path-on-lake-garda

• Registered Users Posts: 24,961 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Spotted this on euro news earlier. An under construction 140km bike path around lake Garda in Italy.

http://www.euronews.com/2018/04/17/breathtaking-aerial-footage-shows-italy-s-floating-cycle-path-on-lake-garda
    I wouldn't normally be a fan of cycle tracks but would make an exception on that road. Very narrow and busy with constant close passing.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,961 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Jesus has just joined Strava and is in 1,500 clubs already!

https://www.strava.com/athletes/20086283

• Advertisement

He can walk on water but can he cycle on it I wonder ??? :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I assume he only rides cross bikes....

....gets coat......
    ....runs from any pitchforks....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Cyclist casually pushed off bike by pedestrian

Stolen from the dashcam motors thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Hurrache wrote: »

"Suspect fleeing from police intercepted by passers-by" is a more accurate description.

seamus wrote: »
    "Suspect fleeing from police intercepted by passers-by" is a more accurate description.

That was the joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Apparently he didn't just break a red light..........

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/cyclist-huge-knife-smashed-getaway-14538889

• Registered Users Posts: 14,802 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

he had no helmet or hi-viz either, a real nasty piece of work.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

The shoulder check guy was calm as you like, right he is knocked over, I am just going to get back to work. Actually neither pedestrian who stopped him done so lightly, they were decent hits.

Impressively timed and executed shoulder check by the first guy alright.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,545 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

hope the second guy didn't take any damage to the knee, that could have been sore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Vizzy

There I was,riding along minding my own business and a f**king pedestrian walks out in front of me.
    And then to top it all a Garda car breaks a red light, on the wrong side of the road, and nearly runs me over.

Drivers,eh ??

Pedestrians,eh ??

Too this day one of the coolest and (admittedly stupid and dangerous) pedestrian/cyclist interactions I ever seen, is the one on College Green where a courier tried to nip through crossing pedestrians and an elderly gent (tipping 70 if not well above it) clothes lined him and took him to ground where he stood. No giving out, he faded into the crowd like the Glimmer man.

Courier hadn't a notion what happened.

It was of course not OK as he could have seriously hurt him but part of me thinks that it could have happened accidentally and that is what the courier took the risk doing.

It was comical.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

About 35 years ago, just before Christmas, I was on my annual visit to dublin, accompanied by my wife and two sons. We were standing outside the Ilac Centre on Henry Street, deciding where to go for breakfast. I noticed a chap, running out of the Centre, with his hands in front of him, trying to hide something under his jacket. A security guard was chasing him. The gurrier passed about two feet from me. I stuck my foot out and he tripped over it. He went down like a log. He didn't have time to put his hands out to break his fall. The security guard caught him. My family and I walked away. I didn't look back to see the result of his fall.
    Completely off thread, but I love telling the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Jaysus, beware vigilante culchies on the 8th of December :eek: :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,545 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i strongly suspect the answer to this question - hoses on track pumps are not replacable/standardised parts?
    mine has split. it will unscrew, but i guess a new pump would be cheaper than replacing just the hose.

i strongly suspect the answer to this question - hoses on track pumps are not replacable/standardised parts?
    mine has split. it will unscrew, but i guess a new pump would be cheaper than replacing just the hose.

You can definitely replace them. I'd guess SJS. With Aldis brand one on sale in a few places though, not sure what the price difference would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

If it's a Topeak, as I remember, pretty much all parts are replaceable.

i'd actually be willing to pay more for just the hose; i loathe binning things for the sake of it.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

i'd actually be willing to pay more for just the hose; i loathe binning things for the sake of it.
    No probs. I can let you have a hose for more than the price of the pump, then I'll bin the rest of mine....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement