Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AUTUMN WEATHER 2015 - GENERAL CHAT THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Not quite a storm Oneric 3 :) but a fairly wet and windy day in store.

National Weather Warnings

STATUS YELLOW

Weather Advisory for Dublin, Louth, Wexford, Wicklow, Meath, Cork, Kerry, Tipperary and Waterford
    Southern parts of Munster and Leinster are likely to have rainfall accumulations of 25-45mm during Monday. Southern and eastern coasts will be subject to strong, southeasterly winds throughout the day also. Consequently, during periods of high tide, these winds may give rise to coastal overtopping.

Issued:Sunday 25 October 2015 19:00
    Valid:Monday 26 October 2015 00:02 to Monday 26 October 2015 23:59

More like a fairly wet and windy week!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

2256 update from met eireann

25 October 2015 22:56

Today
    Cloudy and breezy tonight with outbreaks of rain and drizzle in the south turning persistent in parts of Munster. Lowest temperatures of 9 to 11 degrees. Fresh to strong southerly backing southeasterly winds will be gusty and strongest in the south with gale gusts along southern and western coasts.

Tomorrow

Monday will be wet and windy from the start in the west and south with persistent and sometimes heavy rain, especially in south Munster and south Leinster. After a mainly dry start further north, outbreaks of rain will gradually extend to all areas. A second band of persistent rain will follow from the west in the afternoon resulting in widespread rain continuing into the evening. Highest temperatures will range from 12 to 15 degrees. Fresh to strong and gusty southeasterly winds with gale gusts along southern and eastern coasts will back easterly but will gradually decrease moderate to fresh later in the evening.

Outlook

OUTLOOK: Unsettled and changeable through the week ahead with spells of wet and windy weather, but longer drier spells too. Humid with daytime temperatures ranging 11 to 14 degrees Celsius, generally very mild by night and mostly frost free too.

MONDAY NIGHT: Wet and windy, especially early on in the night - some further heavy falls of rain for southern and eastern counties leading to spot flooding. A mild night with overnight lows of 9 to 12 degrees Celsius. Fresh to strong southeast winds will gradually ease with some mist and fog developing inland.

TUESDAY: Mostly cloudy with outbreaks of rain, most of which will affect the north and east. Low cloud and mist too. Drier in the west with some sunny spells here. Highest temperatures of 13 to 15 degrees Celsius, in moderate southeast winds.

WEDNESDAY: Mainly dry for the morning and afternoon, though rain will push into south and western counties later, with wet and windy weather following overnight. Highest temperatures 13 or 14 degrees Celsius. Rather breezy with moderate to fresh southeast winds.

THURSDAY: Overnight rain clearing into the Irish Sea early on. Mainly dry for daylight hours with sunny spells and light southerly winds. Cooler though, with highs of 10 to 13 degrees.

Unsettled for the rest of the week. Wet and windy at times, some drier brighter windows too though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Wet and miserable, miserable and wet....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

first proper wet day since that wet Friday early September, would be nice if we could get another month long dry spell, sick of this rain already.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Its looking like an extremely mild start to November, ME predicting mid teens for Sunday but lets not forget that 19.4c was recorded at the Phoenix Park on October 31st last year. The November record is 20c on Nov 4th 1946- can this long standing record be broken on Sunday? Not impossible.
    http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ecmwf/runs/2015102700/ECM0-120.GIF?27-12

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Gonzo wrote: »
    first proper wet day since that wet Friday early September, would be nice if we could get another month long dry spell, sick of this rain already.

Tell me! Not used to the murk and muck, the gusty wind knocked out my dish yesterday afternoon and there was no way I was going to get up and fix it in that weather. Also small hole in shed roof and puddle inside :( have to fix that tomorrow.

Gonzo wrote: »

Monday 21st September was my last proper wet day before today :D

Its looking like an extremely mild start to November, ME predicting mid teens for Sunday but lets not forget that 19.4c was recorded at the Phoenix Park on October 31st last year. The November record is 20c on Nov 4th 1946- can this long standing record be broken on Sunday? Not impossible.
    http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ecmwf/runs/2015102700/ECM0-120.GIF?27-12

the start of November 2010 was warmer than what it is predicted for this Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

The last 3 days here in Southern England have been beautiful. A few T-shirts have been seen! Rain is coming tomorrow though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

sryanbruen wrote: »
    the start of November 2010 was warmer than what it is predicted for this Sunday.

Ghastly weather for November :(

• Advertisement

Ghastly weather for November :(

Whatcha mean?

Whatcha mean?

I want cold seasonal weather; preferable a few degrees below the long term average.

After 11 months of below average (October will be a close call) we are getting the relative warmth in November!

Ugh!

I want weather this guy would like

Lb5EdB8.gif

I want cold seasonal weather; preferable a few degrees below the long term average.

After 11 months of below average (October will be a close call) we are getting the relative warmth in November!

Ugh!

I want weather this guy would like

Lb5EdB8.gif

10 months of below average temperatures for me. The relative warmth could mean to an extremely cold end like 2010! Dungarvan (I think it was this place) hit 18c on November 3rd whilst on November 28th-30th, I did not get above 0c as a maximum temperature!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

I wonder are fat, bloated Euro highs at this time of year a 'super' El Nino thing?

Oct 31 1982:

Rrea00119821031.gif

Oct 31 1997
    Rrea00119971031.gif

Forecast for Oct 31st 2015

Reem961.gif

New Moon

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    I wonder are fat, bloated Euro highs at this time of year a 'super' El Nino thing?

Oct 31 1982:

Rrea00119821031.gif

Oct 31 1997
    Rrea00119971031.gif

Reem961.gif

Not really, are u forgetting about the warmest Halloween on record last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Not really, are u forgetting about the warmest Halloween on record last year?

What has that got to do with fat, bloated Euro highs though? but yes, Hallowe'en last year has a Euro high in place also, but nowhere near on the same scale.

New Moon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Oneiric 3 wrote: »

Oct 31 1982:

Rrea00119821031.gif

Oct 31 1997
    Rrea00119971031.gif

Reem961.gif
    Well if they are,I can tell you winter 1983 was the only one I remember without a spell of snowmageddon in the 80's
    1998 doesn't ring any bells either

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Well if they are,I can tell you winter 1983 was the only one I remember without a spell of snowmageddon in the 80's
    1998 doesn't ring any bells either

in fairness I think we all needed a break in 1983 from the snowfest to end all snowfests that we had in 1982, just wish I was a bit older at the time to enjoy it more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

It's a fine day here. Weather station is working nicely now; 1002hpa and 12.2 degrees here in rural kildare :)

Fine day for some tidying up about the house but I'm just not too bothered today. It's my first day off in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MaryMD

the weather is surprisingly mild all around at the moment for this time of year!

• Advertisement

Any November 2015 monthly predictions? Not exact figures but a prediction summary. Mine is

"It will be a warmer than normal month and it'll be drier than normal but quite dull"

Any November 2015 monthly predictions? Not exact figures but a prediction summary. Mine is

"It will be a warmer than normal month and it'll be drier than normal but quite dull"

For the sake of argument I'll go with

"It will be a cooler than normal month and it'll be wetter than normal but quite sunny"

:)

For the sake of argument I'll go with

"It will be a cooler than normal month and it'll be wetter than normal but quite sunny"

:)

Exact opposite of mine :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Exact opposite of mine :cool:

I'd say that was the point....

• Registered Users Posts: 31,823 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It's absolutely pelting it here in Tuam at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

Do you know how I know its been a milder than average October in Bray??

.........because........there's still bloody blue bottles flying around the bloody house!! :mad: :mad:

:D

our house is still lots of wasps around the place, got a nest of them in the attic. Blue bottles are still flying around as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Heavy thundery rain forecast for west coast

Rainfall Warning for Galway, Mayo, Clare and Kerry
    Heavy rain at times overnight and during Friday in west and southwest coastal counties, with a risk of thundery downpours, mainly near the coast. Totals of 25 mm likely, but up to 35 mm in parts of the southwest, with a risk of flooding.

Valid:Friday 30 October 2015 00:01 to Friday 30 October 2015 23:59

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Heavy thundery rain forecast for west coast

Rainfall Warning for Galway, Mayo, Clare and Kerry
    Heavy rain at times overnight and during Friday in west and southwest coastal counties, with a risk of thundery downpours, mainly near the coast. Totals of 25 mm likely, but up to 35 mm in parts of the southwest, with a risk of flooding.

Valid:Friday 30 October 2015 00:01 to Friday 30 October 2015 23:59

Tis a nice mild night here in Newport, no sign of rain yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Met eireann mentioned temps of 16 degrees and sunny spells over the weekend. If that works out our early November weather will be better than most of our June and July.

Advertisement