Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AUTUMN WEATHER 2015 - GENERAL CHAT THREAD

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

sryanbruen wrote: »
    I am in Dublin 13 :D

It is a long way, meteorologically speaking, from the sheltered heat island valley bottom the City centre lies in - to the high windy coastal wastelands of D13 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

First frost this morning in Lucan

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Car froze slightly in Carbury there this morn; 1.5c according to thermometer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,117 ✭✭✭pad199207

Very foggy and frosty in Naas this morning. Low -1.2c

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

Not sure where to post this,is there a good site for weather in France,going there next weekend,thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

diceyd wrote: »
    Not sure where to post this,is there a good site for weather in France,going there next weekend,thanks.

Try http://www.meteofrance.com/accueil

• Registered Users Posts: 18,109 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Min last night was 1.4c here in west clare.

Meanwhile Ireland has had its first sub-zero temperature recorded in exactly 5 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

Gonzo wrote:
    long may the rain stay away!

Gladly! Nothing worse then doing the school run and getting soaked!

Gladly! Nothing worse then doing the school run and getting soaked!

Twenty of the past 22 days completely dry here...yet we had half a months rain in those two days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Feels like the dryest year on record in my part of East wicklow, my davis is not hooked to a pc,so couldn't say for certain
    Its another beautiful day today though
    Just glorious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Feels like the dryest year on record in my part of East wicklow, my davis is not hooked to a pc,so couldn't say for certain
    Just glorious

Would you not spend the lovely day hooking it up !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Just glorious

Definitely not my driest!

March, May, July, August and September have all been wetter than normal. 2001 was my driest year on record interestingly :) But however, this is turning out to be one of my sunniest years on record thanks to the first 4 exceptionally sunny months - especially April. 2010 will always be #1 however unless this Autumn gets even brighter!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

today was first day of genuine cold, overcast and very chilly all day, heating on since 1pm, now fire lit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Gonzo wrote: »
    today was first day of genuine cold, overcast and very chilly all day, heating on since 1pm, now fire lit.

Different world down here in the southeast! Got up to nice 15 degrees, sun was out in the afternoon. Was still going around outside in a t-shirt!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

North Meath was warm and sunny all day, cloud built and it got fairly chilly around 5.30, heating on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,109 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Dublin airport reporting 1c at 00:30. Cold one!
    Meanwhile here in west Clare its a nice tropical 9.7c

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

feeling cold, dark and dismal again today, at least it's still dry tho!

feeling cold, dark and dismal again today, at least it's still dry tho!

Gorgeous day in Arklow, as was yesterday
    Hard set to hit 15c though

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Not necessarily but one good case in point was November/early December 2013 when an unusual prolonged anticyclonic spell became dominant and it was during this spell that highest MSLP values of that year were recorded. Once this massive area of high pressure collapsed though in mid-December we ended up with a prolonged run of unusually deep low pressure systems crossing Ireland for the rest of the winter.

365235.PNG

If I remember correctly, another example might be early 2012 when abnormally high MSLP values were recorded throughout January, Feb & March which in turn was followed by an abnormally long run of lower than average pressure that persisted from April until August at least.

Data in chart C/O Met Eireann.

Oh yeah actually I remember a prolonged spell of dry weather which lead to an extremely wet month.

September 2009 (from the 9th onwards, only 21st reported rain in parts)
    October 2009 (up to the 17th, only 6th and 9th reported rain)

Then November 2009 was the wettest month on record in places including Valentia Observatory.

:D

Yep I sense a change in the weather patterns from mid-week onwards next week.

From let's say Thursday onwards of next week, we could be in for much more unsettled, wet and windy conditions. Temperatures will creep up a little (right now I think) to about average - not feeling much warmer though. So enjoy the dry weather as long as you can! I will give more updates each day (well night...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,117 ✭✭✭pad199207

Coming in the Naas Rd and its lashing at Rathcoole. Nothing on radar

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

pad199207 wrote: »
    Coming in the Naas Rd and its lashing at Rathcoole. Nothing on radar

Very light drizzle in Dublin CC this morning

Dry in Arklow but tell tale signs of nearby activity visible

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

After a foggy start, the sun is shining and theres not a cloud to be seen in north meath.

Overnight low 5.6C...mainly sunny day, dry, very light NE wind, currently 12.1C.

This will be the 10th dry day in a row; the forth time since early June we've had 10 or more consecutive dry days...the longest spell was 20 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Horrid dull day again, started hopefully then bleugh! (Waterford)

Only Monday this week brought some lovely sunshine to Grange!

Yep I sense a change in the weather patterns from mid-week onwards next week.

From let's say Thursday onwards of next week, we could be in for much more unsettled, wet and windy conditions. Temperatures will creep up a little (right now I think) to about average - not feeling much warmer though. So enjoy the dry weather as long as you can! I will give more updates each day (well night...)

Update: Actually from Tuesday night, a band of rain will push through. Then on into Thursday, we will have a cloudy day with rain during the night - exact same thing on Friday. It will be DEFINITELY be changeable, a little milder and more unsettled! So kiss the dry period goodbye :(

Update: Actually from Tuesday night, a band of rain will push through. Then on into Thursday, we will have a cloudy day with rain during the night - exact same thing on Friday. It will be DEFINITELY be changeable, a little milder and more unsettled! So kiss the dry period goodbye :(

That's five more dry days to go...more than they got in some parts all summer! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

The accumulated rainfall total out to next Friday on the GFS is between 0-1mm for most places, more for northwest coastal counties, but overall that is very little rain for a week at this time of year.

162-777UK_rab3.GIF

Advertisement